What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

This is all I got.
Strange.....I haven't made any changes that I can think of that would knowingly affect MediaBridge mode.

Give this a try....logon to the router via telnet/ssh and enter
nvram set ctf_force_disable=1
nvram commit

then reboot the router and see if it helps.

NEW TEST BUILD - V25T3
On a hunch, I made a couple of changes to the startup sequence for dnscrypt/dnsmasq. I'm thinking that loading that huge hosts file may be interfering with the dnscrypt start.
I don't find that convincing: after starting dnsmasq from ssh prompt, dnscrypt was already started, but it did not prevent dnsmasq from dying in 25E1.

I don't find that convincing: after starting dnsmasq from ssh prompt, dnscrypt was already started, but it did not prevent dnsmasq from dying in 25E1.
In the syslog you sent, it WAS clear that dnsmasq was starting and at the point of loading your huge hosts when dnscrypt was starting.....and dnscrypt never completed starting. Coincidence, maybe.

Strange.....I haven't made any changes that I can think of that would knowingly affect MediaBridge mode.

nvram commit

I'll give it a try tonight.
However I need to hard reset back to Router mode as nothing executes in Media Bridge mode. I don't remember enabling the Telnet SSH mode.
If time allows, I try rolling back few version to confirm too..

@john9527 installed, but I will say I am seeing the blank process as well on the 66u, never mentioned it but only on the 66u. The 66 is also having issues with reload and syslog clear. The attached happens when I attempt to clear in 25T3. This is worse than 25T2
As well on the 66 if I reboot or randomly switch between option such as Admin to syslog or whatever I get logged out with a screen says you must first log out to log back in. Just an annoiance, it never occurs on 24

Attachments

• ClearError66u.jpg
    ClearError66u.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 415
@R1-Limited
Please upload a full size picture with the console selection selected. I can't read anything in the small size.
Nothing in T3 would affect this.

What about the dropped connections under V25T3?

Also, if you have a net security suite active, try disabling it. The new ASUS xss CVE fixes can get upset by some of the protections.

nvram commit

I'll give it a try tonight.
However I need to hard reset back to Router mode as nothing executes in Media Bridge mode. I don't remember enabling the Telnet SSH mode.
If time allows, I try rolling back few version to confirm too..

Seems like not working/ unable to SSH once in Wireless Media Bridge mode.
However all's fine when I revert back to v24E3.
Changes are all accepted in GUI, able and clear system logs and able to reboot the router.
I believe there could be something not working in Wireless Media Bridge mode for v25E1.
Thanks

In the syslog you sent, it WAS clear that dnsmasq was starting and at the point of loading your huge hosts when dnscrypt was starting.....and dnscrypt never completed starting. Coincidence, maybe.
I don't deny that that was the case in my syslog. However, I don't find the argument convincing since dnsmasq died even if it was started after dnscrypt was active.

Seems like not working/ unable to SSH once in Wireless Media Bridge mode.
However all's fine when I revert back to v24E3.
Changes are all accepted in GUI, able and clear system logs and able to reboot the router.
I believe there could be something not working in Wireless Media Bridge mode for v25E1.
Thanks
well....I'm at a loss. Just set up my AC68R (V24E3) in MediaBridge mode connecting to my AC68P. Evertyhing worked fine. Then upgraded the AC68R to V25E1. Everything still works fine. Logged in via telnet, disabled/enabled ssh in the gui and logged in via ssh, rebooted from the gui, cleared the syslog....no problems at all.

Sorry, as PM was sent, no special stuff just using 172.16. Reverting back to the 24E3...

@R1-Limited @ahduck
Good news. I brought up my N66 in MediaBridge mode and was able to recreate the problem. Bottom line, the 305 lines of code I had to port/write for ASUS CVE-2017-5892 should have been 307 lines :oops:

@conquer22
I'm pretty sure this should also resolve the problem with the wizard.

Expect a V25T4 later today.

@R1-Limited @ahduck
Good news. I brought up my N66 in MediaBridge mode and was able to recreate the problem. Bottom line, the 305 lines of code I had to port/write for ASUS CVE-2017-5892 should have been 307 lines :oops:

@conquer22
I'm pretty sure this should also resolve the problem with the wizard.

Expect a V25T4 later today.

Awesome and no worries doo doo happens. The other night I spent 45 minutes working out an issue at 11:30 PM because I typoed a single digit wrong, so one system could not resolve to another causing some very odd errors in syslog and rabbit logs. Damn D looked like a G End result was good but 45 extra minutes of downtime for a customer :)

Really appreciate all your hardwork. :)
Time for me to update my N66U too to test in AP mode.
Will revert back soonest.

So far so good, I can confirm the following
  1. Processing page is now working when saving it does not stick at processing
  2. DHCP APIPA addressing has not happened.
  3. Saving or updating does not hang the device (Part of itme 1)
Had some minor issue with SNTP and setting a reserve IP for the 66. If the Media Bridge IP is reserved in Main Router and LAN - LAN IP on the Media Bridge is set to yes at Get LAN IP Automatically? an odd error occurs as below, as the x.x is the IP of the Media Bridge resreved. If I set the Get LAN IP Automatically to no and save reboot the error is gone. Maybe the way it is bt trivial

Dec 31 16:00:23 Samba Server: daemon is started
Dec 31 16:00:23 nmbd[347]: [2010/12/31 16:00:23, 0] nmbd/nmbd_subnetdb.c:make_subnet(97)
Dec 31 16:00:23 nmbd[347]: nmbd_subnetdb:make_subnet()
Dec 31 16:00:23 nmbd[347]: Failed to open nmb socket on interface 172.16.x.x
Dec 31 16:00:23 nmbd[347]: for port 137.
Dec 31 16:00:23 nmbd[347]: Error was Cannot assign requested address
Dec 31 16:00:23 nmbd[347]: [2010/12/31 16:00:23, 0] nmbd/nmbd.c:main(797)
Dec 31 16:00:23 nmbd[347]: ERROR: Failed when creating subnet lists. Exiting.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!