What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Still running T3. Rock solid
Uptime 6 days 8 hours 45 minutes 59 seconds
Speaking of T3: on my RT-N16 the following:
Code:
nvram set dnscrypt2_ipv6=1;nvram commit;reboot
Led to dnsmasq using almost 100% CPU and not being able to ping external IPv4 addresses (either from router or from LAN).
Solved it by:
Code:
nvram set dnscrypt2_ipv6=0;nvram commit;reboot

Speaking of T3: on my RT-N16 the following:
Code:
nvram set dnscrypt2_ipv6=1;nvram commit;reboot
Led to dnsmasq using almost 100% CPU and not being able to ping external IPv4 addresses (either from router or from LAN).
Solved it by:
Code:
nvram set dnscrypt2_ipv6=0;nvram commit;reboot
Uhh....yeah. That's set only if you select a dnscrypt server that is an ipv6 server. If you manually set it, without having an ipv6 server selected, you have an invalid config and the results will be unpredictable.
As the old joke goes......Doctor, it hurts when I do this.....then don't do that. :)

So far so good, I can confirm the following
  1. Processing page is now working when saving it does not stick at processing
  2. DHCP APIPA addressing has not happened.
  3. Saving or updating does not hang the device (Part of itme 1)
Had some minor issue with SNTP and setting a reserve IP for the 66. If the Media Bridge IP is reserved in Main Router and LAN - LAN IP on the Media Bridge is set to yes at Get LAN IP Automatically? an odd error occurs as below, as the x.x is the IP of the Media Bridge resreved. If I set the Get LAN IP Automatically to no and save reboot the error is gone. Maybe the way it is bt trivial

Dec 31 16:00:23 Samba Server: daemon is started
Dec 31 16:00:23 nmbd[347]: [2010/12/31 16:00:23, 0] nmbd/nmbd_subnetdb.c:make_subnet(97)
Dec 31 16:00:23 nmbd[347]: nmbd_subnetdb:make_subnet()
Dec 31 16:00:23 nmbd[347]: Failed to open nmb socket on interface 172.16.x.x
Dec 31 16:00:23 nmbd[347]: for port 137.
Dec 31 16:00:23 nmbd[347]: Error was Cannot assign requested address
Dec 31 16:00:23 nmbd[347]: [2010/12/31 16:00:23, 0] nmbd/nmbd.c:main(797)
Dec 31 16:00:23 nmbd[347]: ERROR: Failed when creating subnet lists. Exiting.

I don't think this is anything new. I also had it on V24. But it is interesting.

In MediaBridge mode, the dlna server and samba are automatically enabled. This way you can plug in a usb drive with media files and they will be available without any special setup. The problem is that the router is trying to start samba before the lan is fully brought up. Normally I'd chalk this up to a transient error, but the problem is if you have a usb drive connected at boot time, it never retries bringing up samba and the files won't be available (if you plug the drive in after boot, then samba would be correctly restarted).

Took me a bit to figure out, but I have a fix coded and am testing it now.

I haven't played with routers in a bit, been linking a ac66rA and a ac68uA and two comps I installed and I wondered if you still updated this because I need some old features back now that I'm out in the country with wide open spaces, switching back to your fork, happy to see it is very recent! Thank you so much.
Here is the deal. I've moved recently and I'm using the 68u as the router and connect my ac66 as a static routed AP but on the same subnet, which I don't know if is smart or not or matters, anyway my question:
I'm thinking at least one of the zeroshell computers is probably better as a router, think I should leave the routing and dhcp to the i7laptop and use the 68U basically as a wireless AP and gigabit switch for the other anchor computers, everything in the 2 year old laptop is much much faster than the 68U, plus I can linklift the entire os into ram drives easily and the routing table would all be ram too I'm answering my own question. I plan to run 100ft runs in a square from the 68 in the middle to all four point of the compass to get decent service (wiFi-voice over a large area, verizon signal sucks here so I need more juice) I have running zeroshell to make a large square.
What is the best way to make the devices jump off routers? Just make the center AC68U have a low dB roaming assist threshold? Or do I need to also set Roaming Assist on the AP routers under the AC68U? I have trouble as it is with just the two routers passing devices back and forth, and all I currently have are the ac68U as dhcp server but I have ipv6 off cause it isn't working at the company right now I guess, with the ac66R as a static route AP on the gigE. All 4(on ac66)+(3+the AC66 on the AC68) ethernet devices on the two routers work fine on (AC66 in AP mode w/DHCP=off DNS=gateway or goog), and phones work on the first router they connect to but connect to but some device just appear connected, keep all settings, don't get a dhcp renewal (don't think.. should check log when devices jump if they even really connect to the new AP at all or just hold the setting from the old router but the new router doesn't know) when they jump and just sit there looking connected. I tried setting all wireless setting on both routers identical and simple, single or option channel 20/40 2.4 gHz both on the same channels and names etc identical don't jump right, tried different channels same everything else no change, just made two totally different APs but all the ways were the same. Jump AP lose tcpip stack connection (I tie my 5ghz channels to specific AC devices only, let the phones and tablets hop the 2.4.
I hope I just have some professional setting wrong somewhere in the 68U because it will be much worse with 4 APs under the 68U than just the 1. Like what does Radius do? Sounds like it would be a name to fix my issue.
I'm not making a seperate subnet like 192.168.2.1 so I didn't use anything except 255.255.255.1 on the APs, don't get why they don't pass right.

(This was all on latest Merlin from a few days ago and for a while) Downloading your new firmwares now, have to do another full reset.

I am sorry to say this is still a problem. I factory defaulted both routers (Just to have another base line) AFtre 24 hours no device on the 66 (Media Bridge ) could connect to the main router (68) Recycling the 66 gets the device back in action. I read a post earlier merlins _4 is beng reported as the same. not sure it is the same. I do believe the canon and hpprinter kept the IP as normally the cannon will dispay the APIPA address. I have system logs and sent them two you via hightail

Hi, I had problems with the 5G network, it goes down from time to time. On the Merlin FW, when set "regulation off" it is very ok. Is it possible to use the base 374.43_0 instead of 374.43_2 because the _2 doesn't offer the regulation control (while still possible to set up via ssh).

Hi, I had problems with the 5G network, it goes down from time to time. On the Merlin FW, when set "regulation off" it is very ok. Is it possible to use the base 374.43_0 instead of 374.43_2 because the _2 doesn't offer the regulation control (while still possible to set up via ssh).
By default, the firmware enforces all local regulations. I'm assuming you are in the EU, where 802.11h is required.

John, I had to revert from v25E1 to v24E3.

Problem is my IPTV box (Arcadyan HMB2260 v2) is having some problems when changing channels.
TV screen is stuck or black, also no audio, or takes very long to give picture.
It seems more of a problem with higher bitstream (HD) channels.

All this is gone when reverting to v24E3 (or using the ISP router.)
Any idea?

All this is gone when reverting to v24E3 (or using the ISP router.)
Any idea?
Try adjusting the snooping options on the LAN>IPTV page.
I usually run with IGMP Proxy and IGMP Snooping Enabled. LAN Bridge mulitcast snooping default was changed in the last release from Enabled to Disabled (may want to try and start there).

I usually run with IGMP Proxy and IGMP Snooping Enabled. LAN Bridge mulitcast snooping default was changed in the last release from Enabled to Disabled (may want to try and start there).

Thx! I'll try tomorrow, need to get some sleep now.
Below my settings with v24E3. Flashed v25E1 on top of it without changing anything.
That gives problems.

I'll flash v25E1 again and let you know. :)

Attachments

• 24E3_IPTV.png
    24E3_IPTV.png
    148.7 KB · Views: 706
Lest you think all the news is bad news, I've passed 3 weeks of solid uptime with zero problem.

BySvBXh.png

A maintainence release for Update-25 is available!

LATEST RELEASE: Update-25E6
6-June-2017
Merlin fork 374.43_2-25E6j9527
Download http://bit.ly/1YdgUcP
============================

This release primarily addresses (full changelog is in the zip files)
  • Problems with the new dnsmasq picked up in the E1 release
  • Improvements to my port of CVE-2017-5892 that were causing login and gui access problems
    This port turned out to be a real bear, as it hit a lot of the httpd code. If when logging in, you do not see a syslog message similar to the following indicating a 'successful' login, you should up upgrade to this release.
    Code:
    HTTP login: login 'admin' successful from 192.168.1.102:8443
  • Several fixes for MediaBridge mode (I expect many of these will also affect other router modes as well)

As always, a reminder to have a backup of /jffs in case the jffs space needs to be reformatted due to increases in firmware size.

SHA256
Code:
f6d92bef93ea958149a7e27a36897043c19b4c0b9666c7309ec3efa59faeae6e  RT-AC68U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-25E6j9527.trx
1fb1ef0c9795acee549060cbbe78f355a606600dd5dcacf48e1e87d9f2e2b31c  RT-N16_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-25E6j9527.trx
725009dd663ebc72cf06a290f7392e6ee8995db8fed88efc247b2489938395bd  RT-AC56U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-25E6j9527.trx
b94551fb24cb597b2795839e5490713030da72df1906532a6a468055e25650f2  RT-AC66U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-25E6j9527.trx
5a5cbd8a22a2b3ead8374b69929c47745635d55b6581d8183cec0e926b0509d6  RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-25E6j9527.trx

That fixed it! Thx.

Attachments

• 25E1_IPTV.png
    25E1_IPTV.png
    127.9 KB · Views: 486
That fixed it! Thx.
Good to hear.....that's one of those options where on paper is should prevent problems with it disabled (I was actually running with it disabled via init-start for a long time). But, every environment is different....

Installed V25E6 because it's out while still working on the router here. :)
On the IPTV tab, when I switch on or off "Enable LAN bridge multicast snooping" it keeps showing me the completed message and the spinning icon.
In other words, not going to the GUI automatically when done.
It does when I refresh the webpage.

Is this only me being impatient?

One other question, is there a PuTTY command so I can check if the "Enable LAN bridge multicast snooping" is really on?

Installed V25E6 because it's out while still working on the router here. :)
On the IPTV tab, when I switch on or off "Enable LAN bridge multicast snooping" it keeps showing me the completed message and the spinning icon.
In other words, not going to the GUI automatically when done.
It does when I refresh the webpage.

Is this only me being impatient?
Partially.....'feature creep' means I need to lengthen that percent complete timer (about 2X). But I think there may be something else delaying the return that I need to look at. It did hang up once for me when I was trying it.

One other question, is there a PuTTY command so I can check if the "Enable LAN bridge multicast snooping" is really on?

Code:
cat /sys/class/net/br0/bridge/multicast_snooping
0 for disabled, 1 for enabled

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!