What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

When Im on 25E8 I can see all shared content on Kodi under Windows Network (SMB) but when Im on 26E3 There is nothing there. To do it I have to manually specify smb://and my pc Ip.

When Im on 25E8 I can see all shared content on Kodi under Windows Network (SMB) but when Im on 26E3 There is nothing there. To do it I have to manually specify smb://and my pc Ip.
Same bug I had. Change your login name to admin or make that script thingy. Look back a few posts.

I dont have usb drives. All my content is shared from my pc to kodi boxes its been fine up until new firmware. Reverted back to 25e8 and everything is fine

I dont have usb drives. All my content is shared from my pc to kodi boxes its been fine up until new firmware. Reverted back to 25e8 and everything is fine
If you aren't using router USB drives, I don't see how it's related to the router firmware. One thing about Kodi, it still uses SMB1 for it's sharing. You can't disable SMB1 on the PC.

(I also directly share from my HTPC drives to Kodi, and it works fine).

If you aren't using router USB drives, I don't see how it's related to the router firmware. One thing about Kodi, it still uses SMB1 for it's sharing. You can't disable SMB1 on the PC.
I dont know how john but on 25 fine on 26 have to manually specify my pc ip not big deal just thought ill share my experience

I also have no issue when sharing from a PC drive to Kodi on another PC. And with Kodi on a Nvidia Sheild.

I also have no issue when sharing from a PC drive to Kodi on another PC. And with Kodi on a Nvidia Sheild.
Mine is to Kodi running on a Fire TV and a Fire TV Stick over AC wireless. Sharing, no problems. HTPC is running Win7 Pro.

Dont know then. Ill just keep running on 25e8 for now, because like I said its working perfectly on this one but not so on 26e3 thats all. Must be something to to with smb update i suppose

Last edited:
Just wondering with the latest merlin firmware, AC68U C1 can still flash it but no support for troubleshoot or just can't flash at all? Thanks

Just wondering with the latest merlin firmware, AC68U C1 can still flash it but no support for troubleshoot or just can't flash at all? Thanks
Sorry, but it's a little unclear what you are asking about....

The latest Merlin firmware starting with 380.57 also supports the AC68U C1 and later revs of the AC68 design with the newer processor.

This fork as of right now doesn't support the later revs. I'm currently working with someone on testing a fork version that will support the newer revs, but it isn't generally available yet.

Sorry, but it's a little unclear what you are asking about....

The latest Merlin firmware starting with 380.57 also supports the AC68U C1 and later revs of the AC68 design with the newer processor.

This fork as of right now doesn't support the later revs. I'm currently working with someone on testing a fork version that will support the newer revs, but it isn't generally available yet.

Sorry, i think i got confuse between the Merlin firmware and the LTS version as i thought they are the same. So i guess i can still flash merlin 380.xx on my C1 just not this LTS version. Thanks

@john9527 I've got an odd observation. On the FTP Share page the "owner" (for want of a better word) of the USB device is set to the DDNS Host Name if there is one. Otherwise it's set to the NVRAM productid (I think) which is consistent with the ftpd_banner.

Setting it to the DDNS Host Name just seems a strange choice to me. :confused: I guess the thinking behind it is that the FTP server will be accessed from the WAN, in which case why not change ftpd_banner as well? It's still set this way even if WAN access is disabled. I suppose it doesn't really matter as it's only cosmetic.

Untitled.png

Edit: Yay! Attachment #10000.

Last edited:
Setting it to the DDNS Host Name just seems a strange choice to me
Probably related to the code history....I'm pretty sure the original ASUS implementation didn't have the ability to disable the WAN access (Merlin added that), so it made sense to use the DDNS name if it was available.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!