What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Uhhh.....0.1 Mb/s = 102 Kb/s
Do you want to go lower than that?

As someone with a ~700 kbps upload, having the ability to finely tune QoS bandwidths is very useful. 102 kbps increments means I might have my bandwidth needlessly constrained by over 10%.

With such a measly upload, I want every bit I can get.

no, not lower. i want the resolution in Kb (no drop down to change it as far as i can tell) so i can put in more specific numbers

at the moment 0.1 is it(no extra digits allowed)
i want to be able to put in 128Kb for example.

So i am holding off to that Ohh moment for now

Uhhh.....0.1 Mb/s = 102 Kb/s
Do you want to go lower than that?

i want to be able to put in 128Kb for example.
Do you not have this? What version of the firmware are you on?

lyQTVdx.png

edit: @john9527 is this not standard across models or something?

Hi,

I configured the AC66 router to renew every connected devices' IP address in every 15 minutes. I enabled the JFFS partition and configured to save the syslog to that area. My problem is that the router saves only 2.5 days long log, the older entries are automatically overwritten. How can I increase the log / history size?

Thanks!
Saw you didn't get a response......
There really isn't an easy way to increase the log file size....there are two rotating log files, each 256K, kept in both memory and JFFS.

You may want to look at setting up a syslog server on on one of your attached devices and have the syslogs sent there for you to manipulate (specify the server on the Administration>System page). There are quite a few free syslog server packages available.

But one question, why the so short lease time?

"Oh"

I made a rule and modified the nvram variable qos_bw_rulelist with a value of 64 (kbps) and it appears, based on the GUI and a speed test, to work. So if you're comfortable in the terminal...

JzoYSvT.png

20783135.png

Nice, that proves John probably only needs to change the input fields. i will give it a try.
i wonder however why the default input is at Mb while the variable clearly works with Kb.
probably a cosmetic thing but since we are still in the binary world an input on Kb level would be nice so we can use multiples of 32 or even 16

found the variable: mine is at
>614.4>307.2>0 which equals .6 and .3

Last edited:
probably a cosmetic thing but since we are still in the binary world an input on Kb level would be nice so we can use multiples of 32 or even 16
The nvram variable is in Kb. You can make it whatever you want. You're not constricted by multiples of anything. If you want it to be 17 Kb, you can set that. I do understand why one would rather have a GUI entry, though. Not everyone likes poking around in the terminal.

It's going to be a bit of a pain to add a units selector to that page, so for now I'll give you an nvram variable to set to change the entry units (in the upcoming V27 release)
bwunits.PNG

that would be a good solution since some people like Mb and others Kb. as long as the resolution is 1Kb which it looks like from your screendump

Thanks John

Great,

for the time being i made a little script(with my limited knowledge)you can run from the commandline

just ./qos 512 256 and it works

#!/bin/sh
down=$1
up=$2
rulelist='<1>xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx>'
div1='>'
div2='>0'
total=$rulelist$down$div1$up$div2
nvram set qos_bw_rulelist=$total
nvram commit

Thanks John for the great work! I have three questions:
1. Can I somehow enable the usage of ".lan" as a domain name for the internal network again?
2. Some time ago, my clients no longer got the domain name pushed for short name DNS lookups -- I now need to use FQDN even for local queries -- any idea where to look?
3. What are the options to limit Internet access for a particular client? I have a smart TV and I basically want to ACL/whitelist its behavior as I am concerned about my privacy. I am confident around the command line so I am open to complex solutions as well :)

Thanks John for the great work! I have three questions:
1. Can I somehow enable the usage of ".lan" as a domain name for the internal network again?
2. Some time ago, my clients no longer got the domain name pushed for short name DNS lookups -- I now need to use FQDN even for local queries -- any idea where to look?
3. What are the options to limit Internet access for a particular client? I have a smart TV and I basically want to ACL/whitelist its behavior as I am concerned about my privacy. I am confident around the command line so I am open to complex solutions as well :)
All of these options have always worked with this firmware and all the others. For 1 and 2 check the LAN > DHCP Server > Basic Config settings. 3 can be done with the Network Services Filter.

Hi,

I'm using John's fork with my AC68U v.A2 and overclocked it to 1.2ghz while leaving the RAM clock speed at factory 666mhz. It works well but if I wanted more performance what is the theoretical maximum clock speed the CPU will take without starting to create problems? Thanks for any assistance.

Hi,

I'm using John's fork with my AC68U v.A2 and overclocked it to 1.2ghz while leaving the RAM clock speed at factory 666mhz. It works well but if I wanted more performance what is the theoretical maximum clock speed the CPU will take without starting to create problems? Thanks for any assistance.
1200 is probably the max 'safe' value (50% faster than your stock clock). Some people have been able to go to the next step (1400, there are set discrete values to choose from), but most have found that 'flakey'.
Also, remember you can get your self 'stuck' if things go wrong and the router can't come up enough for you to do a reset on an unstable setting.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I've been having issues with my PS4s and Xbox Ones and party chat. Looking at the other threads it looks like it a upnp issue. Asus has this in their latest beta:

- Supported auto dynamic port changing of UPnP server when ports conflict

Is this something the latest FORK supports or would I have to go back to stock? What is the process to go back to stock?

That is a quote from a beta changelog from over a year ago (March 2016). I'd guess that this would have already been merged into Merlin's releases. I'd suggest that you try the latest stock/Merlin and report back with the results.

Is this something the latest FORK supports or would I have to go back to stock? What is the process to go back to stock?
Thanks for asking the question! I went back and double checked, as I should have picked this up in my upgrade to miniupnpd 2.0 Turns out, I needed an additional 1 line change to be picked up. :oops:

I'll add it for the upcoming V27 release.

BTW, what router are you using?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!