What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Cool, guess they can use your NVRAM Save/Restore Utility to ease the pain.

Can someone post screen shots of the new QoS and Bandwidth monitor settings/changes? Might use this now since the AC66U-B1 is now supported. Thanks :)

Tried going from Merlin to latest Fork and it failed[emoji848] on Asus RT66U

Can it NOT bee done ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried going from Merlin to latest Fork and it failed[emoji848] on Asus RT66U

Can it NOT bee done ?

You need to flash from recovery webserver (think john mentions in frist post). His fork is much older than merlins current, so you cant flash (downgrade) directly, only through recovery server.

EDIT: Found it;
"For supported routers currently running ASUS firmware 380.3000 or above, or Merlin 380.60 or above, you cannot load this fork using the built in firmware update web interface. You must use the ASUS Firmware Restoration Tool from the ASUS support website to install this fork firmware and perform a factory default reset following the firmware update."

Guys,

Help required. I have Asus RC-68U E1 revision, running latest Merlin 380.68_2. I want to upload this fork, however, I am unable to enter into rescue mode in order to upload the firmware through the asus restoration tool. I am holding the reset button while powering on the router but it boots normally.

Please advise.

Persistence is usually the solution. Personally I find it more reliable to use the CFE miniWeb server rather than the restoration tool.

What I find helps is to open a Windows Command Prompt and run a continuous ping to the router's IP address (ping -t 192.168.1.1). Then, when you power on the router (while holding down the reset button) you can see when the router first comes back online. IIRC the TTL of the ping is 100 at that point. You need to release the reset button now. If you keep holding it too long it will go into normal boot mode.

Make sure that all other network and USB devices are unplugged apart from your primary PC.

[emoji50][emoji1374]omg looks difficoult ! With firmware restoration tool[emoji15]

EDIT: Found it;
"For supported routers currently running ASUS firmware 380.3000 or above, or Merlin 380.60 or above, you cannot load this fork using the built in firmware update web interface. You must use the ASUS Firmware Restoration Tool from the ASUS support website to install this fork firmware and perform a factory default reset following the firmware update."[/QUOTE]

Jesus the list is loooong for doing this

Last edited:
not really, just set a static IP and fire up the utility, hold the reset button on your router while it's booting and wait for the tool to detect your router and hit send.

What about the 30/30/30 reset

Thats not a thing anymore, and that (was) only a DD-WRT thing.

If you want to reset on an asus router, turn your router off, hold the WPS button, power on the router and wait for the lights to flash (15 seconds or so), let go of the WPS button and it will reboot.

Personally I find it more reliable to use the CFE miniWeb server rather than the restoration tool.

Just curious what is the button combo on the Asus routers to get into the CFE miniWeb server? Thanks

Just curious what is the button combo on the Asus routers to get into the CFE miniWeb server? Thanks
Just hold the reboot button while powering on the router.

I find the best luck while trying to hit the routers IP while STILL holding the reset button (tricky with only two hands, I know). Once the webserver comes up, then I let go.

I find the best luck while trying to hit the routers IP while STILL holding the reset button (tricky with only two hands, I know). Once the webserver comes up, then I let go.
Yes, that's why I suggested that he runs a continuous ping to the router (the LED should start flashing slowly). That way he knows when the web server becomes active and doesn't have to guess.

If you are running Asus firmware the router is not booting into recovery as long as there are no issues. However, after installing the newest Merlin Firmware I was able to boot into recovery by holding the reset key. Once in recovery, everything was straightforward and I was able to flash this one.

Best regards!

[emoji43] after some hassel finely Got Asus org. FW 30043807744 on.... NOW Can i upgrade to latest Fork again ?

[emoji43] after some hassel finely Got Asus org. FW 30043807744 on.... NOW Can i upgrade to latest Fork again ?

If you dropped back to an older version, then yes, you should be able to update via the webgui to Johns latest build. Just make sure to factory reset in between each flash.

EDIT: wait a minute....... if you are flashing in the recovery webserver, then just flash directly to Johns fork. No need to do a middle flash.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!