What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ok KB to Mb, i got it.

maybee dumb question but where are the localized features defined, in the language?

eg, in Europe we use the , as a decimal seperator and the . as the digit grouping symbol

ok KB to Mb, i got it.

maybee dumb question but where are the localized features defined, in the language?

eg, in Europe we use the , as a decimal seperator and the . as the digit grouping symbol
I'm not sure it matters, as the web code has to be written to convert to the the right locale. As far as I know, the only piece of code that contains the right calls is the VPN status counters (added by Merlin and ported to the fork).

If you use a VPN client, do the stats display as you would expect?

Hi

Been away from this forum for a while, just thought I would check back in to see the great continued support for my router by John.

I have an N66U, without checking I think Im on V25 or thereabout's, I have not updated it for month's.

Is there any reason I would need to do a reset or should I be ok just updating over the top with V28E2.

Thank's

What is the current status of Dual WAN? Is it working, partially working or not working at all?
Is it worth the time to test/troubleshoot a fail-over scenario or there are known problems?

Trying to go from Merlin's latest to this version. Tells me it's not compatible. Is there a way around this?

Trying to go from Merlin's latest to this version. Tells me it's not compatible. Is there a way around this?
  • For supported routers currently running ASUS firmware 380.3000 or above, or Merlin 380.60 or above, you cannot load this fork using the built in firmware update web interface. You must use the ASUS Firmware Restoration Tool from the ASUS support website to install this fork firmware. You must always perform a factory default reset following the firmware update when moving from ASUS OEM or Merlin firmware above level 374 regardless if you updated via the web interface or Restoration Tool.

I'm on the latest Merlin build for my RT-N66U router and I'm having some stability issues. Every 0.5-1GB of transfers the router stutters and communications stops for a few seconds and then resumes. This really affects streaming services like Chromecast or non buffered video streams. It even disrupts regular browsing but less noticeable since it's a few seconds of disruptions. This "stutter" is across the board, WiFi and Ethernet ports, it's just like the router pauses to take a break and then continues like nothing happened. It's been happening for over a month now, I tried clean setups and no difference.

I came across this thread saying that John's Fork is more stable for older routers like the RT-N66U. Then reading further I read that 26E4 is the most stable and it has "older" wifi and ethernet drivers.

@john9527 could you please help clarify this point, what's the difference between the 26E4 and the newer builds and what would you recommend as the most stable build for the RT-N66U (performance is not a concern, jitter, stability and timeliness is the most important feature to consider).

Has anyone else seen this issue with their routers?

Thank you, HP

Thanks - are you saying that the Merlin build and this John's fork build have the same WiFi/Ethernet drivers for the RT-N66U?
No. I was responding to this:
Then reading further I read that 26E4 is the most stable and it has "older" wifi and ethernet drivers.
what's the difference between the 26E4 and the newer builds
You appeared to be comparing V26E4 with the latest version (V28E2) of John's fork.

Last edited:
I put this latest version of your FW on a rt-n16 and am trying to set it up in repeater mode to a AC56u with merlins FW. I give it a static ip 192.168.15.2 to use the main router at 15.1. and no matter what I disable or turn off when I go to connect to the main router it says IP and port has changed . and it gives it the ip of 192.168.1.2. so it does not work. any way for it not to change the ip?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!