What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@cowst
Just did 4 modem reboots and 2 power drops (drop/start both the modem and router at the same time) and it came up every time.

Having said that, last night my internet service was severely messed up. I though it was my ISP, but maybe it was something more widespread. Symptom was as you said, except I really had access that was running SLOWWWWWW....I might get a page loaded in about an 1/2 hour. Sometimes on a boot, every access to the NTP servers would time out, wreaking havoc. This morning, back to normal.

If you can recreate it, capture a system log and I'll take a look.

Indeed my wife said that yesterday seemed intermittent, while for me today was straight to offline from the phone.

The cause is my crappy isp modem that reboots most of the times I accept an incoming call...

I'll get the log next time.

Is there a way to change log verbosity? Just curious.

@cowst
Just did 4 modem reboots and 2 power drops (drop/start both the modem and router at the same time) and it came up every time.

Having said that, last night my internet service was severely messed up. I though it was my ISP, but maybe it was something more widespread. Symptom was as you said, except I really had access that was running SLOWWWWWW....I might get a page loaded in about an 1/2 hour. Sometimes on a boot, every access to the NTP servers would time out, wreaking havoc. This morning, back to normal.

If you can recreate it, capture a system log and I'll take a look.

The GUI for 5Ghz General under Wireless Mode has an option "N Only". That must mean "N & AC only" and not what the help says that "N only" does not allow AC clients to connect. In practice my AC client connects just fine at high AC rates. Newer Merlin versions show the option as "N/AC only".
I wonder whether this could be corrected in the fork also otherwise it could be confusing.

The cause is my crappy isp modem that reboots most of the times I accept an incoming call...

Then you'll need to get that sorted out.

Do you think I didn't try that?
I got to a frustration point with support where the only way out is the way out :)

However price/performance of internet connection makes it worth living with the other issue, since we do not receive that many calls.

The thing is, the router was dealing fine with that, then stopped recognizing these modem reboots, John managed to fix it, and now the issue is back again on latest.

Then you'll need to get that sorted out.

V27E5 for a couple of days now and seems stable again.

one cosmetic wish for future revisons

on the traffic monitor the colors blue and orange are used to specify incoming or outgoing trafic(colors for internet are swapped)

now i notice that the current values/colors change when you change source which is a good thing.

to avoid looking at the colors, source and thinking "is this upload or download" it might be a good thing to put the text Incoming and Outgoing in front of the current settings to make it idiot proof( i am the idiot)

eg

IN 12345KB/sec
OUT 12345KB/sec

Attachments

• traffic.jpg
    traffic.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 358
Hmmm, had to reboot my router. DNS wasn't working.
Clients could not do anything.
At first I thought it was my YAMalware script, but that seems not the case.
No clues from syslog, only NTP could not update many times. (Also relies on DNS, so that could be logical.)

Weird is that when I logged in using PuTTY and typed "ping www.google.nl" I got no answer at all.
It just was stuck there. No response, nothing. :confused:
Like my shell was frozen.

After reboot all working again.
I keep an eye on it.

You mean something like this?
View attachment 10398
Exactly like that John,

or maybe change it to Upload/Download to make it consistent throughout the complete user interface(since QOS is talking about upload/download)
if you make the explanation above the graphics the same (eg reception=Download and Transmission= Upload) it is real easy to understand, even for people with limited knowledge.

text above is explanation regarding the colors.
if that is not clear then you just click internet, wired, wireless 2.4, wireless 5Ghz and you see instantly what the receive, transmit values are, regadless of the colors(i allways had to scroll back up to see what the color meant but now i do not have to anymore.

or maybe change it to Upload/Download
I can change it to Upload/Download for the English users.....but there are language translations available for Reception/Transmission, which I think may be even better for other languages.

yes agreed
upload/download is a us/english thing but then again everybody either uses english or their native language
i am from the netherlands but i prefer upload/download instead of verzenden/ontvangen

never to old to learn.

need to update my documentation
thanks John

admin@RT-AC66U-27E8:/tmp/home/root# nvram get wl_TxPower
admin@RT-AC66U-27E8:/tmp/home/root# nvram get wl0_TxPower
admin@RT-AC66U-27E8:/tmp/home/root# nvram get wl1_TxPower
admin@RT-AC66U-27E8:/tmp/home/root#

how would I get my RT-N66U to 120mw? Mine is stuck at 100mw, what country code commands are needed?

Upgraded to 27E5 on my AC-68U and everything went well using the restore utility. However just a minor thing with respect to the LED lights. When choosing Show only Power status LED on the Tools/Other Settings page, all the lights light up regardless of that setting. Not a biggie but thought I would pass it on. Thanks again.

how would I get my RT-N66U to 120mw? Mine is stuck at 100mw, what country code commands are needed?

not sure if the N66U is the same as the AC66u

it has a broadcom cpu and the ac66u has a mips so i doubt if this will work but anyway here are the commands for the ac66U

nvram set pci/1/1/ccode=#a
nvram set pci/1/1/regrev=0
nvram set pci/2/1/ccode=#a
nvram set pci/2/1/regrev=0
nvram set regulation_domain_5G=#a
nvram set regulation_domain=#a
nvram set wl0_country_code=#a
nvram set wl0_country_rev=0
nvram set wl0_reg_mode=off
nvram set wl1_country_code=#a
nvram set wl1_country_rev=0
nvram set wl1_reg_mode=off
nvram commit
reboot

By default, the firmware enforces the regulations (I'm guessing you have an EU router and am asking about the 2.4GHz band). It all you want to do is change the power above 100mW, just set the value via nvram and don't touch it again in the gui...

nvram set wl0_TxPower=value
nvram commit

One thing about the '#a' change, it doesn't enable the proper DFS support for the 5GHz band if you are looking to enable the additional 5GHz channels. On the N66, you can properly enable the additional channels and DFS support for the 5GHz band.....see the Merlin_Fork_Options.txt file for details.

I'm still on 26E4 and needed to update my expiring Let's Encrypt certificates on the router. This was the first time doing this on 26E4. I had done it multiple times on previous versions.

I moved the old certs from jffs to nvram using the 'https2nvram' command and removed the old certs, installed the updated certs and verified everything was working properly. However, after executing the 'https2jffs' command to move the certs back to jffs, the certs no longer worked. It was liked the were completely gone. After moving them back to nvram (with the 'https2nvram' command) they worked fine, again.

In the changelog for 26E4, I see the following 2 notes:
* CHANGED: others: change directory for saved https certs for Merlin consistency
* CHANGED: others: also copy individual certs when moving https certs to jffs

Could one of the changes above be causing my issue? And, what are the new directory names and old directory names that I could check to verify the commands I'm using are still good?

Could one of the changes above be causing my issue? And, what are the new directory names and old directory names that I could check to verify the commands I'm using are still good?
Yep...it's a bug. But easy workaround (I though I had added this already, but I guess not).

via ssh/telnet

ln -sf /jffs/ssl /jffs/https

By default, the firmware enforces the regulations (I'm guessing you have an EU router and am asking about the 2.4GHz band). It all you want to do is change the power above 100mW, just set the value via nvram and don't touch it again in the gui...

nvram set wl0_TxPower=value
nvram commit

One thing about the '#a' change, it doesn't enable the proper DFS support for the 5GHz band if you are looking to enable the additional 5GHz channels. On the N66, you can properly enable the additional channels and DFS support for the 5GHz band.....see the Merlin_Fork_Options.txt file for details.

I have a USA rtn66u, all i intend to do is get 2.4 and 5ghz to 120mw, they're both on low channels and at 100mw currently (set 120mw via gui)

edit: I can get wl_txpower to stay @ 120, wl0/wl1 will not.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!