What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have an older AC66U running Merlin's 374.40. This has worked well for me, with uptime lasting months, only interrupted when I power down for vacations. The only exception was yesterday, when wifi stopped working until I reset.

If I'm reading posts correctly, 26E4 would likely be the best fork version for me. Would this be better than Merlin's recent builds?

Stability and performance are most important for me. I don't really care about features beyond the basics.

Everything must be working great for everyone, then?

Found a bug on the "Traffic Monitor" page on a RT-AC66U. If you select anything but Internet (i.e. Wireless (2.4GHz)) the graph is shown correctly. But only for a short time. When the graph is redrawn / refreshed it switches back to Internet and internet traffic is shown. This happens when "Real-time" is selected. I've tested with "Last 24 Hours": here it sticks to what is selected.

Found a bug on the "Traffic Monitor" page on a RT-AC66U. If you select anything but Internet (i.e. Wireless (2.4GHz)) the graph is shown correctly. But only for a short time. When the graph is redrawn / refreshed it switches back to Internet and internet traffic is shown. This happens when "Real-time" is selected. I've tested with "Last 24 Hours": here it sticks to what is selected.
Working OK here on a RT-AC68U.

Doom.
N66U went dark.
I found out the power button doesn't stay down anymore (barely used it overall, and last time was months ago).
Anybody experienced that and knows a way to fix it?

Doom.
N66U went dark.
I found out the power button doesn't stay down anymore (barely used it overall, and last time was months ago).
I seem to recall this is not an uncommon problem. If you're adept with a soldering iron you could remove the switch and replace it with wire links so that it's always "on". You could then turn it on and off at the mains socket. Alternatively, I've heard of people jamming a cocktail stick down the side of the button to hold it in the "on" position.

Doom.
N66U went dark.
Had this problem in one. Hot glued the button pressed... fastest fix ever!

Hey thanks, your suggestion indirectly worked :D
I was ready with a number of tapes to stick any kind of object to keep it down, but the cocktail tip was inviting.
At the second try to stick it in, the button just clicked and didn't come back up at all.
I don't know how long it'll last, but for now I take it.
Night before a national holiday, a few seconds without router and I was already in withdrawal :D

Seems to be a firefox problem. Edge is working.
Works with FireFox here on Windows 7 and Linux. Try without any extensions/plugins and make sure you are not blocking cookies from the router (cookies are used to save the selected tab).

@john9527 please consider introducing the openvpn fix you made me try in jffs in next version.

The broken button made me reboot, but I was on a long run without noticing the disconnections anymore.

Btw, after reboot my vpn client was off although I selected connect with wan.

Testing a build now with dnsmasq 2.78

Note that some people had problems with 2.77 (I didn't see any problems myself), hence the reason I was sticking with 2.76 + some hand-picked upstream commits . But with these CVE's, I'll plan on an update shortly to the full 2.78

@john9527 please consider introducing the openvpn fix you made me try in jffs in next version.
Already there for the next release :) .....the default configuration will no longer automatically add 'persist-tun' or 'persist-key' to the ovpn config. They will be added if
- you manually add it to the custom config section
- it's present in an imported ovpn file

BTW....after years of trouble free running on PIA, I suddenly started to see intermittent key re-negotiation fails. Removing 'persist-key' fixed it for me also.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!