What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thanks, but what about performance will it still be on par or better?

You're asking the wrong question IMHO. :)

Just out of curiosity, on the Traffic Monitor chart in my RT-AC68U/374.43_29E2j9527, does the "M" in Mbps stand for:

1) 10^6 = 1,000,000
2) 10^3 * 2^10 = 1,024,000
3) 2^20 = 1,048,576?

I know, only 5% difference, but would be interesting to know.

Just out of curiosity, on the Traffic Monitor chart in my RT-AC68U/374.43_29E2j9527, does the "M" in Mbps stand for:

1) 10^6 = 1,000,000
2) 10^3 * 2^10 = 1,024,000
3) 2^20 = 1,048,576?

I know, only 5% difference, but would be interesting to know.
Prior to 28E8 is was (3), Mibs.....now it's (1), Mbs.

Thanks to @ColinTaylor for noticing a mismatch with the QoS data that led to me making sure everything was 'standardized'

Prior to 28E8 is was (3), Mibs.....now it's (1), Mbs.

Thank you, John. I got to wondering about that because (believe it or not!) I pay Charter/Spectrum for 100Mbps down / 4 Mbps up, and am actually getting 135 / 6.

Not complaining, you understand:cool:

Thank you, John. I got to wondering about that because (believe it or not!) I pay Charter/Spectrum for 100Mbps down / 4 Mbps up, and am actually getting 135 / 6.

Not complaining, you understand:cool:
Most ISPs will over-provision to minimize complaints/support costs. I'm on a 50/5 plan and actually get 60/6.

Does anyone know if you can downgrade from 38x.xx to older firmware directly with mtd-write/mtd-write2 without using recovery mode and tftp?

and @jrmwvu04

Haven't touched the IPv6 stack in ages and haven't noticed any loss on my end. If you can capture anything from the syslog, I'd be glad to take a look.
Haven’t had any issues with ipv6 since the last post about it.

Unrelated question, is the IPSec vpn server something that will or could make its way to the fork?

What do you mean:)?
Asking about performance benefits rather than the security improvements gained by upgrading - there's a lot of known exploits that have been patched, and your current version is missing those patches!

Any ideas why my N16 drops out of tftpd (rescue mode -- restore held on power up until power led starts flashing) the moment I connect any live ethernet cable to any of the four LAN ports? It basically starts booting up. The same applies to the WAN port.

I messed up something in the build so that my web gui is inaccessible, my ssh stopped responding, and so tftpd was my only option left.

... the moment I connect any live ethernet cable ...

If I recall correctly, the last time I had to tftp to a RT-N16, I had a computer with static ip (not dhcp) already connected with ethernet cable, along with a cmd with the tftp command typed up and ready for execution by pressing Enter. Then I pressed the WPS button (not the reset button like other ASUS routers) and while holding it pressed, I plugged in the power to the router. Then I kept rerunning the tftp command in CMD like crazy till at some instance it worked before the router starting its bricked firmware. I don't remember if the tftp worked before or after releasing the WPS button thou.

Nope. I'm not doing anything except moving the certs from jffs to nvram, updating the certs and moving them back to jffs. I have 2 AC-68U's - one as a router the other as an Access Point. Same thing on both. Below is the cheat sheet I use for executing the update.:

https://pastebin.com/y85C1tBj
Sorry it took so long :rolleyes:

But if you go to the download directory you'll find a 30E3 build with just this single fix :)

I'm going to wait a bit before doing a updating the first post.

Good to hear!

Need to take a look at it. I know Asus had been working on it. I'll check, but do you know if its made it into Merlin yet? @RMerlin ?

I enabled it on a few select models where it doesn't conflict with kernel options (only SDK7.14 so far if my memory's right). The SDK 6.37 platform was problematic, because enabling the kernel modules would cause symbol version errors in some prebuild modules. I don't remember however if it was Trend Micro or Tuxera modules.

HND platform introduced a separate issue where the OpenSSL configuration conflicts with that of Tor. I will need to eventually spend some more time to figure out if it can be worked around, or if I will be forced to ditch Tor in favor of IPSec, at least for that specific platform.

The IPSec code is entirely open sourced, so it might be doable. I would suggest first just testing what happens if you enable the required kernel modules. If you can get that part to work, adding IPSec support should be doable.

But if you go to the download directory you'll find a 30E3 build with just this single fix :)

Thanks so much! And I will update my certs again, first thing in the morning, and let you know my results. I'd do it straightaway, but we're streamers and it's prime time. ;)

...you'll find a 30E3 build with just this single fix :)

Thanks, again, John! It's working perfectly fine in 30E3. No more symlink is required and it's actually showing a bit more free nvram than before (74% utilized vs 77% before the update).

Thank you for going through the hassle of making a build just for this fix. It certainly wasn't necessary, but it's greatly appreciated.

Most ISPs will over-provision to minimize complaints/support costs. I'm on a 50/5 plan and actually get 60/6.

In the US at least, there is a regulation related to "broadband" that finally requires ISPs to provide what they advertise. They weren't purposely giving less but there's always network overhead that can't be avoided. So now, they overprovision. Charter, for example, goes ~22% over the advertised speed.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!