What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yes, since you are on a 378 base, you should be able to load directly via the gui. Follow up with a factory reset.

Again, since it's 378, you should be able to load it directly via the gui. Again, follow up with a factory reset.
All is working fine ..

Did upgrade the media bridge (68p) first - without any problems .. even airprint is working now in media bridge mode. ;)
I did not made a factory reset either .. 8TB harddisk works fine on usb3 .. all is fine.

The main router (68u) was running on 28L before. Switched to 29E2 today .. also without factory reset.
Just had to reformat jffs again .. all is working like on L releases for me.

Big thanks for all your work !

does the newest build reduce range on N66U? I thought the older wireless driver was a lot of the N66's range magic?

First thing to try is a factory reset and reconfigure....but....your post sounds a lot like several recent posts on the the mainline Merlin 380 builds. I'm starting to think there is something in the recent wireless drivers that I inherited along with the KRACK fix. Another thing you could try is the 'L' builds if you are not using the router as a repeater or media bridge (and therefore don't need the KRACK fix).

Ok I will try that since I am not using the router as a repeater or media bridge.

I upgraded to 29E2 after posting and waiting to see if the WiFi issue happens again before trying anything else.

Thank you

To anyone who would like to help out in some testing, I've uploaded a new test/development build, V29D4 at
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ainhp1nBLzMJkEFTnFp4Sh2wvQva

This build just focuses on kernel updates to bring it in sync with Merlin 380.68 level for both ARM and MIPS routers. A lot of the updates involve netfilter/conntrack/ctf support, so some early results would be welcome.

@emsik - If you are interested, I'd like to see if this changes your CTF results.

To anyone who would like to help out in some testing, I've uploaded a new test/development build, V29D4 at

This build just focuses on kernel updates to bring it in sync with Merlin 380.68 level for both ARM and MIPS routers. A lot of the updates involve netfilter/conntrack/ctf support, so some early results would be welcome.

@emsik - If you are interested, I'd like to see if this changes your CTF results.
Thank you for your hard work John. Upgraded my good old N66U from 28E8 to 29D4 to see if I can help testing. So far, I did not see/feel any differences in ctf or any other aspect of the FW compared to the previous build.

It's not related to this particular version, but I have an impression that the downstream speed, the storage read/write speed and the wireless range were all higher a year ago than recently, but that's just a feeling, could not make the time to do any tests to back it up with data.

Ps.: Wish you all happy holidays!

Last edited:

Flashed my AC68U rev A1. to V29D4. No prolems so far.

Last edited:
I never got around to installing that previous 1 or 2 updates so I just finished the V29D4 one. No mandatory reboot after flashing ?

I never got around to installing that previous 1 or 2 updates so I just finished the V29D4 one. No mandatory reboot after flashing ?
Do you mean reboot or factory reset? So far, most people have been working fine without doing a factory reset, but if you run into any problems that would be the first thing to try.

If you mean the 'manually reboot the router' message after the upgrade, I've added some changes over time to try an minimize the need to have to do the manual reboot. Still occasionally needed, but much less than before.

Thanks to everyone who has tried the 29D4 build.
Anyone with an N66 and a 1 Gb ISP connection tried it?

I was referring to the manual power-cycle prompt. I still did it anyway out of habit !

I'm running on an N66 but my internet speed is missing a "0", per your request. :p

John any mirrors one drive seems to be down. Thanks TW

This seems a good time to test this build on our RT-AC56; sure wish it were possible the RT-AC3200 could fly this:) Thank you John.

29e2 on two old-school AC68u. One setup as router, the other as media bridge. "dirty-flashed" both to 29e2, router was fine. A week later media bridge no longer had GUI access and devices on it were unreachable, nor could they reach devices attached to the router... but the media bridge was pingable. For the first time in ages, I did the ASUS firmware restoration utility on the media bridge (wow!) for a clean setup. Configuring it, I was surprised that it allowed me to only select one SSID to connect to (I chose the 5GHz one on the router as I'm in process of deprecating the 2.4GHz devices). After it was finally configured, I was greeted with an alert:

"Your Wi-Fi network has not been encrypted yet and is at risk. We recommend that you create a password for your network to avoid security risks.
Change now (2.4GHz)"

Is this some kind of a stock message or is my media bridge still being receptive to 2.4GHz networks? I'm not seeing any options to enable or modify 2.4GHz since the original setup. Am I really at risk or is there anything CLI that I need to do to disable 2.4GHz?

Thanks In Advance,
Vijay

Hi John9527,
is there a way to support the PPPoE hardware acceleration with your current/future firmware build on asus RT-AC68U router?
My question is because i noticed a loss of about 100+ Mbps in download when PPPoE is enabled on asus router, while when the asus is connected behind che ISP router (that manage the PPPoE session) the asus goes to full gigabit WAN Speed, that is 940Mbps in download (Vodafone Italy FTTH at 1Gbps down/200Mbps up).

Do you have any idea about this possible issue?
It is so because the PPPoE session is managed by the CPU of RT-AC68U?
The ISP Router is more less CPU powerful than asus: dual-core arm 400Mhz (ISP RT) Vs. dual-core 800Mhz (Asus RT).

Thank you in advance.
Regards,
Filippo.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!