What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@Mech This simplest and quickest thing would be to install Merlin's firmware because you can load it straight onto the router through the GUI. If that doesn't fix your problem you can always try this firmware.
Just a reminder to everyone.....loading Merlin 384.5 or ASUS 384.20624 on the AC68U/AC66U_B1 MAY prevent falling back to earlier levels, including this fork, even if using the restoration tool (still waiting for confirmation).

I guess hate to say it I'll stay on Merlins 384-4-2 or below on my RT-AC56U for every on my real 68U's they are on v32E4 no more 384 FW on them, do love your FW loads John9572

Oh I did try FW 384-5 A2 and A1 on a 68Ua1 and 56U's and I could go back to 384-4-2, I want be playing around with 384-5 or higher any more!

Thanks for possible heads up John!

Just a reminder to everyone.....loading Merlin 384.5 or ASUS 384.20624 on the AC68U/AC66U_B1 MAY prevent falling back to earlier levels, including this fork, even if using the restoration tool (still waiting for confirmation).
Will be interesting to see as @Mech is already on 3.0.04.384_20624.

Will be interesting to see as @Mech is already on 3.0.04.384_20624.
Latest from Merlin on the topic......it might be ASUS 384_20648 where it starts.....
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/problems-uploading-merlin-to-rt-ac66u_b1.45978/#post-397953

Perhaps just remove the option when using 40 MHz channel width then? Similar to how 80 MHz control channels are limited.
I'll take a look at the code....remember, you may be the first to actually try it :) That you can see the upper channels is a good sign though.

@ColinTaylor - Thanks for verifying it works as expected on the AC68

Well, I just did downgrade from the latest ASUS firmware to 374.

Router works, need to make a stress test

Well, I just did downgrade from the latest ASUS firmware to 374.

Router works, need to make a stress test
That's good to hear. Just a reminder that doing a factory reset after installing the firmware is required. ;)

That's good to hear. Just a reminder that doing a factory reset after installing the firmware is required. ;)
So, I did the factory reset and than uploaded my old NVRAM settings (wifi networks etc). Is it a right way of doing this or I need to do factory defaults and then set everything up manually?

So, I did the factory reset and than uploaded my old NVRAM settings (wifi networks etc). Is it a right way of doing this or I need to do factory defaults and then set everything up manually?
Sorry, need to do it manually. The 'old' settings also included hidden system settings, and nvram settings that may be different/unused on this firmware. Do another reset, then start fresh.

Hello folks!
I'm new to ASUS Merlin and I think I screwed up something.

I was tired of typing the port (8443) in the url to my router, so I disabled AiCloud, changed the port to that I could change the WAN admin panel port from 8443. As soon as I did, it broke access to the admin panel and even OpenVPN, but I can still access my router through SSH.

Can anyone help me to revert my changes through SSH? I have the latest version of Merlin on the RT-AC3100.
Thank you so much!

@RMerlin

Last edited by a moderator:
rt-n66u I am going to attempt to flash today with latest build of johns 32e4
im currently on stock.

from what I have read on the first page of this forum on my router I can just flash using johns firmware then reset router.

is this correct? i dont need to backup anything incase it doesnt work and i need to restore?

thanks

rt-n66u I am going to attempt to flash today with latest build of johns 32e4
im currently on stock.

from what I have read on the first page of this forum on my router I can just flash using johns firmware then reset router.

is this correct? i dont need to backup anything incase it doesnt work and i need to restore?
Look at the @UpgradeMatrix.txt file in the download folder. Unless you're running a very old version of stock firmware you will need to use the recovery procedure to flash the firmware. After that you need to perform a factory reset, format the JFFS and manually configure your router. If you have any custom scripts or modifications you'll need to back them up beforehand.

It's always wise to take a backup of your current configuration and have a copy of your current firmware. That way if something goes badly wrong you can always go back to where you were.

Look at the @UpgradeMatrix.txt file in the download folder. Unless you're running a very old version of stock firmware you will need to use the recovery procedure to flash the firmware. After that you need to perform a factory reset, format the JFFS and manually configure your router. If you have any custom scripts or modifications you'll need to back them up beforehand.

It's always wise to take a backup of your current configuration and have a copy of your current firmware. That way if something goes badly wrong you can always go back to where you were.
thanks for info Colin. it will be tricky then will have to take my time and read through the steps carefully dont want to brick it. all i want is to have the kill switch option to use with my vpn nord vpn so i dont have to use their software otherwise i would stay on original firmware.

RT-N66U Running Merlin's 380.7

I'm concerned about not receiving future security patches so I tried flashing with John's latest 32e4 but ran into difficulty trying to get the router into rescue mode.
  • I used the nvram-save-r26.2 utility to do a migration save (-M) to a USB stick, although it isn't clear to me whether I can use this once John's firmware is flashed or I have to manually redo all settings.
  • I removed all Ethernet cables coming into the router.
  • While the router was running, I pushed in the reset button for 30 seconds, turned power off, released the reset button and turned power back on, to try and do a factory reset.
  • I held the router rest button, pulled the power, and then plugged it back in while holding the reset button and I successfully got the very slow blinking light power LED that indicates factory recovery mode.
  • I reattached the cable from my Windows 10 box to the router (through a switch coming from the next room which is where the desktop lives.)
  • I fired up the ASUS firmware restoration utility (Rescue_2000.zip/rescue.exe) and browsed to RT-N66U_374.43_32E4j9527.trx.
What I didn't get was the ASUS firmware restoration utility being able to see the that the RT-N66U was in rescue mode, despite the slow blinking of the power LED on the router. I tried several times with no luck and the firmware restoration utility could not see the router.

Is there some special magic that I missed?

Thanks!

OK, I just came across the following article: https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1000814/ but I'll have to see if I still have the CD for the ASUS Utility someplace. The ASUS download page for the RT-N66U doesn't provide it.

Last edited:
RT-N66U Running Merlin's 380.7

I'm concerned about not receiving future security patches so I tried flashing with John's latest 32e4 but ran into difficulty trying to get the router into rescue mode.
  • I used the nvram-save-r26.2 utility to do a migration save (-M) to a USB stick, although it isn't clear to me whether I can use this once John's firmware is flashed or I have to manually redo all settings.
  • I removed all Ethernet cables coming into the router.
  • While the router was running, I pushed in the reset button for 30 seconds, turned power off, released the reset button and turned power back on, to try and do a factory reset.
  • I held the router rest button, pulled the power, and then plugged it back in while holding the reset button and I successfully got the very slow blinking light power LED that indicates factory recovery mode.
  • I reattached the cable from my Windows 10 box to the router (through a switch coming from the next room which is where the desktop lives.)
  • I fired up the ASUS firmware restoration utility (Rescue_2000.zip/rescue.exe) and browsed to RT-N66U_374.43_32E4j9527.trx.
What I didn't get was the ASUS firmware restoration utility being able to see the that the RT-N66U was in rescue mode, despite the slow blinking of the power LED on the router. I tried several times with no luck and the firmware restoration utility could not see the router.

Is there some special magic that I missed?

Thanks!

OK, I just came across the following article: https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1000814/ but I'll have to see if I still have the CD for the ASUS Utility someplace. The ASUS download page for the RT-N66U doesn't provide it.

same thing happen to me..

ASUS RT-AC66U

from Merlin's 380.7 to Merlin fork 374.43_32E4j9527

i can't get to the resuce page.

some how now running... Merlin fork 374.43_32E4j9527, how do i ensure it is ok?

Had the same issue, this is how I managed to get the utility to detect my N66U on Windows 10 (don't skip steps): www.snbforums.com/threads/fork-asuswrt-merlin-374-43-lts-releases-v32e4.18914/page-354#post-370841
//Edit: Just noticed you liked that post back in February, so I assume you tried this already, if not, please do. Otherwise I'm out of ideas, I'm sorry.

Last edited:
Had the same issue, this is how I managed to get the utility to detect my N66U on Windows 10 (don't skip steps): www.snbforums.com/threads/fork-asuswrt-merlin-374-43-lts-releases-v32e4.18914/page-354#post-370841
//Edit: Just noticed you liked that post back in February, so I assume you tried this already, if not, please do. Otherwise I'm out of ideas, I'm sorry.

I had the same issue so instead of using the rescue utility I just put 192.168.1.1 in the browser and it brought me to a simple page to upload the firmware and it worked.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!