What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sorry, I can't check at the moment because I've restarted the client and it's showing the hostname now. But this is what it previously looked like:
I'm pretty sure I know what happened in your case......the iPad went into power saving mode, and then sometime later the lease expired. The iPad is still associated so it's picked up, but at this point, networkmap can't determine the hostname (no lease and no arp entry) and the pulldown is working with the 'last/latest' status. So the answer is to wake it up if you want to make changes.
The main index networkmap page keeps old entries until they are overwritten or a manual refresh is done.

I've put in a change so that the gen'd hostname in this case is the mac, but it has the ':' s replaced by a '-', so it makes it valid (the hostname check went in in 2016, so obviously hasn't been hit too often :) )

For the OP where multiple entries were blank, I still think it was due to not waiting long enough for networkmap to complete it's initial scan.

I've put in a change so that the gen'd hostname in this case is the mac, but it has the ':' s replaced by a '-', so it makes it valid (the hostname check went in in 2016, so obviously hasn't been hit too often :) )
Thanks John. We appreciate all your hard work.:)

A separate firmware release is provided which only supports the older AC68U rev A1,A2,B1 ('L' Builds). Users of the earlier rev AC68U's can continue on the original fork SDK/wireless drivers by moving to this release branch. IMPORTANT: Some fixes available in the 'E' Builds may not be included in the legacy build if they require new wireless drivers or the new ARM SDK. All E build releases EXCEPT for the N16 contain fixes for the KRACK exploit. Please review the release notes/Changelog for further information.
I'm reading this three times and this is confusing me - because I'm slow - but can this be re-worded to say the 'L' (legacy) version does or does not contain fixes for KRACK exploit ... because the para starts with 'L' and ends with 'All E build releases' and gives no examples of what might be missing in 'L' due to wireless drivers or SDK. It seems like the bolded should mention 'L', or be somewhere else not in this paragraph.

Also, I am only just starting my second cup of coffee so that has a lot to do with my confusion.

ps
I know to go to the download folder and view the change logs

Hi @john9527 :) - is there a possibility adding IPSEC VPN server to your fork by default? - so I/we don't have to use openvpn since ios have removed support for PPTP VPN support from mobile phones o_O

Hi @john9527 :) - is there a possibility adding IPSEC VPN server to your fork by default? - so I/we don't have to use openvpn since ios have removed support for PPTP VPN support from mobile phones o_O

What has removing PPTP support from iOS got to do with OpenVPN? OpenVPN works fine.

I asked about that some number of weeks ago, and the answer is possibly.

Edit: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/f...lts-releases-v32e4.18914/page-359#post-380010

What has removing PPTP support from iOS got to do with OpenVPN? OpenVPN works fine.
No native support. I know it’s picking nits because all you have to do is install the app, but still.

Last edited:
I'm reading this three times and this is confusing me
Does this rewrite help?

Currently, two build streams are maintained.
  • The 'E' Builds are the recommended builds and contain the latest wireless drivers and related fixes, including the fixes for the KRACK exploit on all supported models except the N16 (ASUS never released a KRACK fix for the N16). The 'E' Builds for ARM routers also contain the latest ARM SDK providing support for the newer rev level AC68U and it's variations.
  • The 'L' Builds contain the original wireless drivers (2014 release) and DO NOT address the KRACK exploit, and for ARM routers DO NOT contain the latest SDK providing support for the latest AC68U rev levels. In addition, some fixes dependent on either the latest wireless drivers or latest ARM SDK may not be included in the 'L' builds. Please review the release notes/Changelog for further information.

Random reboots are often caused by a power supply that is getting 'weak'....you might try ordering a new supply.
A bit too late to answer but, I actually have. I had 2 new power supply units newly bought from China. (for my N66 and AC68 (it was wrong size)) All 2 units did not change anything. I usually blame power supply too for these kind of things, but I don't think it's power this time.

Update: Over 12 days with no reboot with 380.70. It's now used as a main router.

A bit too late to answer but, I actually have. I had 2 new power supply units newly bought from China. (for my N66 and AC68 (it was wrong size)) All 2 units did not change anything. I usually blame power supply too for these kind of things, but I don't think it's power this time.

Update: Over 12 days with no reboot with 380.70. It's now used as a main router.

When I have such problems with my desktop machines is that the capacitors might have blown or gotten bloated on the mainboard which causes instability and rebooting issues being experienced.

My n66u also reboots randomly on v32e4 :/

@john9527 First I want to thank you for maintaining an LTS fork with stable drivers. Question, have you stopped pushing commits to Github? It seems like updates stopped after V31 was released.

Using a AC68U A1 (former TMobile) with E build as an access point. It was the easiest install/setup I've ever known. It's been awhile since visiting Asus/Merlin firmware and the interface is much quicker than I remember. Thank you John for the solid LTS.

I couldn't find an answer to this in the starting post or by search the thread so I'm hoping John (or someone else) can answer me:

What would I be missing out on if I switched from the official 380_8228 (for RT-AC66U) to this? Or has everything that has been updated from 374 'till 380 been backported?

Read the OP. There are 2 sections that detail what the fork includes and what it doesn't include...

Which is why I specifically noted 'I couldn't find an answer to this in the starting post'

The starting post only notes

Not included
  • All the changes/tweaks that ASUS may have made since the original code was released (and any new introduced bugs :) )'.
But this does not tell me which specific 'big' things I would lose by downgrading from 380 to 374. Hence why I asked the question..

But this does not tell me which specific 'big' things I would lose by downgrading from 380 to 374. Hence why I asked the question..
He lists "the big things" in the points directly above your quote. If John had felt it was worth his time to list every dot and tittle, I'm sure he would have done so.

Perhaps a better way to ask your question would be to ask about a specific feature or function that was important to you.

Big things for all supported routers....
No TOR, No SNMP, Only 2 OpenVPN Clients (instead of Merlin's 5)

For ARM based routers
No TrendMicro DPI engine (AIProtection, Adaptive QoS)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!