What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

The latest (V32E4) was never pushed. Last commit is on March 12th for V31E6.
John hasn't been around much recently so I've assumed he's busy (with real life). If you're desperate for the source code for the current version I suggest you PM him.

My n66u also reboots randomly on v32e4 :/
Our routers must have some hardware issues as not many people are reporting in with such problem.
Maybe it's capacitor giving out and causing unstable current, I checked the board for some blown or fattening capacitors but, found nothing suspicious.

But with 380.70 it's very solid for me, no random reboots for weeks, maybe certain options or settings combination causes hardware or software issues with V32E4.
Sadly ARM routers are fading away. We have to stick with what is working, I guess. I am very much grateful for John's LTS.

Asus RT-N16 in repeater mode can grab Internet over Wi-Fi and spread it over LAN Ethernet to PC, or it only can speadit over Wi-Fi?

I tried the LTS build last night, but I was unable to get IP access restriction to work on the web UI.

I suspect this has something to do with this being done by the firewall instead of httpd in the newer builds?

Perhaps a dumb question but when I was running Merlin's firmware I was able to "name" clients so that I'm not just looking at mac addresses or ip addresses in the client list. I've poked around with John's fork but haven't found a way to do that. Is there a way to do that with John's fork or is that something that only exists in Merlin's version?

@SomeWhoCallMeTim You can't give devices nicknames (for want of a better term) from the Network Map/Client List like you can in Merlin's. But you can give devices hostnames in LAN > DHCP Server > Manually Assigned... (even if they aren't DHCP clients ;)). Apart from reserving an IP address for a particular client it also creates a DNS entry with the assigned name. That name should then be displayed in the various lists.

I opened up a guest Network and tried to isolate the AP. This options seems to be ignored:
2018-05-31 11_45_40.png

I am able to access other devices in my Home net if I am connected to the guest network.

Firmware:
374.43_32E4j9527
Device:
RT-AC66U

Router is running in AP Mode

Last edited:
I opened up a guest Network and tried to isolate the AP. This options seems to be ignored:
View attachment 13277

I am able to access other devices in my Home net if I am connected to the guest network.

Firmware:
374.43_32E4j9527
Device:
RT-AC66U

Router is running in AP Mode
Guest isolation on an AP has never worked (and still doesn't) on ASUS firmware and Merlin's derivative. If you absolutely require isolation (for security purposes), only configure your Guest network(s) on the main router.

"Set AP Isolated" stops clients that are attached to this guest network communicating with each other. This works.
"Access Intranet", turning this option off prevents guest clients accessing your LAN. This only works in "router mode", not AP mode.

Anyway to access the downloads? Onedrive seems to be playing up here?

I meant MIPS, sorry for the confusion.

Just disappearing from Merlin supported models I guess, but alive and well in other brands eg. entire EdgeRouter line. Plus, the recently released Asus Blue Cave is also MIPS.

@john9527 While looking at a problem with DNSFilter in Merlin's firmware here we seem to have stumbled across the same problem in your firmware.

Even though your firmware does it slightly differently the principle is much the same. So when DNSFilter's Global Filter Mode is set to anything other than "No filtering" the last rule in the IPv6 mangle/DNSFILTER chain should be DROP, but it's missing. So it needs the following to make the client retry using IPv4:

ip6tables -t mangle -A DNSFILTER -j DROP

I have an original AC66u I think, not sure on the exact revision as I can't see any sticker indicating which it is. In the web interface, I can only see 1 core though. I noticed in the upgrade matrix that the AC66U_B1 is supported, but guessing that means my older one isn't? Unless the AC66 entry without the U is where I should be looking? Just want to confirm before I try restoring.

Looking to migrate away from merlin now its no longer supported :)

@Dfects Your router is supported :). If it's got a single core then it's an original RT-AC66U with a MIPS processor (like the RT-N66U). The AC66U_B1 is a re-badged AC68U with a dual core ARM processor. AC66 = RT-AC66U

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!