What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have reverted back to 32e4 again on my N66U. I flashed 33e7 and while the WAN connects it is not stable and only stays up for a few minutes before disconnecting and reconnecting repeatedly. The router doesn't reboot. Saved syslog

Jul 3 07:11:01 pppd[1238]: No response to 10 echo-requests
Jul 3 07:11:01 pppd[1238]: Serial link appears to be disconnected.
Jul 3 07:11:01 pppd[1238]: Connect time 3.1 minutes.

I have reverted back to 32e4 again on my N66U. I flashed 33e7 and while the WAN connects it is not stable and only stays up for a few minutes before disconnecting and reconnecting repeatedly. The router doesn't reboot. Saved syslog
There was only one change that hit ppp between 32E4 and 33E4, which I reverted for 33E7. So ppp is back to being the same as 32E4. Sorry, but I have no idea of any place left to look.

@maurer @Green65 - you having any problems?

I managed to test mine about 20 min on Sunday so the pppoe connection was up more than 3 min.
Unfortunately i didn;t had the chance to put it back in production - but it's planned for today.

There was only one change that hit ppp between 32E4 and 33E4, which I reverted for 33E7. So ppp is back to being the same as 32E4. Sorry, but I have no idea of any place left to look.

@maurer @Green65 - you having any problems?
thanks John

ok
could be a line issue, just been seeing regular disconnects even with 32e4...

"Timeout waiting for PADO packets" ??

thanks John

ok
could be a line issue, just been seeing regular disconnects even with 32e4...

"Timeout waiting for PADO packets" ??

Typically indicates an ISP or modem issue.

just an fyi post. ac66u. was on 32e4, flashed 33e7, flashed succrssfully, i assumed, message after flash was to manually reboot, i did but it rebooted back to 32e4, i factory default via the gui but still it rebooted at 32e4.
after 32e4 rebooted from factory default i reflashed 33e7, it auto rebooted this time and it was successful. as of now 33e7 seems to be working fine, restored previous settings via the gui and i also have a nvram restore file from 32e4 if i need to restore my settings that way.
thx and sorry no log

just an fyi post. ac66u. was on 32e4, flashed 33e7, flashed succrssfully, i assumed, message after flash was to manually reboot, i did but it rebooted back to 32e4, i factory default via the gui but still it rebooted at 32e4.
after 32e4 rebooted from factory default i reflashed 33e7, it auto rebooted this time and it was successful. as of now 33e7 seems to be working fine, restored previous settings via the gui and i also have a nvram restore file from 32e4 if i need to restore my settings that way.
thx and sorry no log
That’s not terribly rare under some circumstances. Out of an abundance of caution, I usually reboot the router before I do a firmware update. Reboot and give it a minute or two to settle. It’s really not necessary to do that if you don’t mind doing what you did and just reflash.

replace cable and restarted vdsl modem. on 33e7 now for almost a day, 21 hours connected to WAN with no disconnects. :)

thanks again John

Hi @john9527 thanks for your efforts on this firmware to keep alive the older models, I have a R66U, I wanted to ask or any other coder if it is possible to use this in router mode, but without the physical Ethernet cable, I had a dlink 505 travel router (RIP) that worked in this way, you could make it work as a repeater, but you could make it work as a normal router but with no cables, so it was repeating the signal but I has behind NAT, my own network IP addresses, DNS etc.
Like this router has the capacity to work as a repeater maybe with some code you could add this feature to it, that way we could use the full features of the router without the need of losing them as a repeater.
I hope I explained myself
Thanks, regards.

Lost the 5ghz band when I uploaded to 33e7. Went from 31e6. Went to 32e4 and 5g back. Ac66u mips.

Did not save syslog but, did notice 5g channel set at 0 from gui wifi icon that was halved. Tried changing channels and disabling/ reenabling 5g and rebooting router to none effect.

Had a bad usb drive that caused some NVRAM corruption it seems. All good now after factory resets. Went ahead and put on the leagacy build 33L7 to test out the older wifi drivers. KRACK fixes are for KRACK heads. Finally got around to using your NVRAM restore tool, very nice.

I just went from Merlin 380.63 to this fork V33E7 on my RT-N66U.

I was using entware, and had asterisk and other things running on the router, but I moved that stuff to a raspberry pi, and I'm trying to keep the router as plain as possible (and hopefully, as stable as possible).

I had hoped to not even keep a flash drive on the router, but I ended up keeping it there just to save the bandwidth statistics.

I had issues before where the flash drive would crap out and really cause problems on the router, so I'm trying to avoid that.

So far so good. One thing that is very nice is having the traffic monitor in Mb/s. With the other Merlin it was only KB/s and I'd have to bring up a calculator to decipher the bandwidth graph.

John, there's a small bug/annoyance involving giving the device a short hostname. Can this be fixed? Details:

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/c...-hostname-six-or-fewer-characters-long.47610/
It works fine on my fork...even used your hostname of 'wap1' to test it. So it must be something unique to the later token based authentication. If I get a chance, I'll try to take a quick look at the ng code and see if anything jumps out.

PS - I also don't think it's related to the REFER attribute referenced in the other thread. I had backported that code to my fork (it was part of one of the Asus security fixes).

PS - I also don't think it's related to the REFER attribute referenced in the other thread. I had backported that code to my fork

I was looking at web_hooks.o so I doubt you ported that :p

Though I haven’t tested it so prefaced that saying it’s just speculation.

Sorry if this is a simple question thats been covered, but after flashing this on my AC66U my network map page doesn't have a CPU usage graph. In fact, it only has the two wireless setting tabs under status. Is this normal? Any way to get it back or is a feature of the newer/merlin firmware? :)

Sorry if this is a simple question thats been covered, but after flashing this on my AC66U my network map page doesn't have a CPU usage graph. In fact, it only has the two wireless setting tabs under status. Is this normal? Any way to get it back or is a feature of the newer/merlin firmware? :)
Normal....was added after the base firmware for the fork...sorry.

That's fine, just wanted to check as I thought I saw it after flashing but before the factory reset. Really appreciate your work on this firmware :cool:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!