What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

This is awesome man! I haven't tried it yet. My wife is in school so I need 100% up time right now lol

Awesome!
A maintenance update for 374.43 :)

I flashed it on top of 374.43 and so far so good.
Nice work.

MD5 checksum I got for the RT-N66U .trx file: E10E98C4F6CF380B00712A6A6BEEE2A1

Awesome!
A maintenance update for 374.43 :)

I flashed it on top of 374.43 and so far so good.
Nice work.

MD5 checksum I got for the RT-N66U .trx file: E10E98C4F6CF380B00712A6A6BEEE2A1

Glad to hear that the flash on N66U worked!
Good point on the MD5 checksum....I added them for all the releases in the first post.

Nothing funny in the syslog so far.
Glad to see my MD5 is the same as your source. :)

For my understanding, the fixes/changes above are they all from Github?
Or did you merge them in yourself?

Add maintenance of Huawei 3g/4g lte dongle to 374.43

Same here. Requesting for maintance fix for the Huawei compatibility issue for 3G/4G/LTE dongle. it was working from Merlin 374.40Alpha4 and older also the latest 376.44 series. the firmwares in between doesn't work.
Using a Huawei e3276s here too.

minidlna

Is it possible also updating minidlna to 1.1.3?

Thanks for the work.

I am scared about trying 44 since it seems to cause lot of troubles in very important things like wifi and general speeds... and actually 43.2 is working right for me..

Come on gents, cut the Huawei crap.
That one is complicated and for ASUS to fix.
Send ASUS a bug report!

And put the router in question in your signature.
Do we have to smell what you are using?

Do try the fork from john9527 and give him some feedback.
Much better than only asking.

Last edited:
Can someone running this build explain more about it ? Is this a build that has the fixes for 44 but the interface of 43_2 ? Any comments would be great..

I am scared about trying 44 since it seems to cause lot of troubles in very important things like wifi and general speeds... and actually 43.2 is working right for me..

Don't be scared, just give 376.44 a try.
See if it works in your environment and decide yourself.
If not, simply revert to what you are using now.

... Is this a build that has the fixes for 44 but the interface of 43_2 ? Any comments would be great..

That seems the case as far as I can see.

Maybe john9527 can tell us a bit more...

Nothing funny in the syslog so far.
Glad to see my MD5 is the same as your source. :)

For my understanding, the fixes/changes above are they all from Github?
Or did you merge them in yourself?

All the fixes have been committed by Merlin in his master branch. For this build, I merged them in by hand....gave me a chance to double check they were applicable (some I looked at were not) and gave me the chance to work through how git really worked. The exception was the openssl update...that one I let 'git cherry-pick' for me (146 updated files!).

Can someone running this build explain more about it ? Is this a build that has the fixes for 44 but the interface of 43_2 ? Any comments would be great..

Merlin kindly tags all his releases in github, so I was able to make a branch of exactly the 374.43 release. With that as a base, I looked at what had been fixed in later builds that may have been seen on the 43 code (a good example is the Plex miniupnpd syslog flood). So I picked up that specific fix and added it to the 43 code.

So what this is, is the 43 code, with just a couple of fixes on top of it that may help people out who don't want to upgrade to the next major release yet.

Is it possible also updating minidlna to 1.1.3?

Thanks for the work.

Right now the minidlna update is not in the plan (there is one minidlna fix picked up)....Asus actually picked that up, so it's rolled into Merlin's big merge without a specific commit I can go after (and I need to learn more to do an update that big ;) ) This is unlike the openssl commit where I was just able to grab Merlin's work (only picked up to stay on top of any security issues).

Also, as you said, for me 43.2 is running pretty well....there were just a couple of things that needed addressing in my environment which led me into this project. I don't want to do too much and end up destabilizing the 43.2 base.

... This is unlike the openssl commit where I was just able to grab Merlin's work (only picked up to stay on top of any security issues).

... I don't want to do too much and end up destabilizing the 43.2 base.

Great choice!

The problem with 376.44 is that you can't localize the router any more.
This is ASUS crap because of some FCC regulations.
FCC has no jurisdiction in my country, but ASUS doesn't care.

This means that with 376.44 I'm stuck with only 4 channels on 5GHz and reduced range on both WiFi bands.

So I stick with 374.43 unless there are serious security issues that needs to be fixed.
Probably a lot of people will do the same.
Such a shame for a great open source project.

That's why I am happy to see john9527's update on the 374.43 base. :)

Running fine, nothing unusual seen in syslog. :)

Attachments

• j9527.jpg
    j9527.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 4,204
For those of you not yet ready to update to the latest 376.44 release, I have created an incremental update (fixpack) to 374.43_2.

Many, many thanks indeed. Just what the Dr ordered, no pun intended.

Please keep up the good work. If you do keep it up, please set up a donation page.

Last edited:
Don't be scared, just give 376.44 a try.
See if it works in your environment and decide yourself.
If not, simply revert to what you are using now.

From what I have read those that went to 44 and that wanted to go back were stuck and couldn't get their settings to work right.

From what I have read those that went to 44 and that wanted to go back were stuck and couldn't get their settings to work right.

I tried 44 two times and went back to 43_2 with no issues just make sure you do a complete factory reset.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!