What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have an N66U currently running Asuswrt-Merlin 380.70 and I am confused, How do I upgrade do I use 36EA Or 36LA, And can this even be done from the FW I am currently using and should I ?

I see where it says to use the ASUS Firmware Restoration Tool from the ASUS support website, However it is no longer listed for download on there site for the N66U

Make sure you are looking at the "Drivers and Tools" tab of the support page, not "Firmware" tab. Also, you may need to select an OS (try Win 7 32 bit), AND you may need to "expand all" or press "show more downloads". It is definitely on this page for example:
https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/RTAC68U/HelpDesk_Download/

EDIT: yes, I know this is not your model router, but the Firmware Restoration Tool is the same version 2.0

I see where it says to use the ASUS Firmware Restoration Tool from the ASUS support website, However it is no longer listed for download on there site for the N66U

376.jpg

I’ve been using the 37 beta build since it came out with nothing exciting to report

Found a small problem with the new DDNS feature and the external IP-Check. After each manual reboot of the router, it goes back to internal, also in the WebUI.
I am on Firmware:374.43_37B4j9527, bug is maybe older, didn't tested it before.
Only tested since yesterday, but so far so good with dyndns (dyn.com).

Last edited:
Hey. I have an Asus N-66U. The problem I'm facing right now is that it just cuts off the wireless network randomly once every ~3 days or so. Or that it randomly reboots. I'm suspecting it's a firmware problem.

Does John's Fork include patches and such?
Hi,

I'm having the same problem in last two weeks.

Running AC66U 5Ghz in media bridge with 2Ghz disabled and experiencing random radio cutoffs or disconnects (nothing suspicious is logged)
Never had such problems before since upgrading to Merlin's latest fw 380.7

Did this fork firmware solve your problem?

Hi,

I'm having the same problem in last two weeks.

Running AC66U 5Ghz in media bridge with 2Ghz disabled and experiencing random radio cutoffs or disconnects (nothing suspicious is logged)
Never had such problems before since upgrading to Merlin's latest fw 380.7

Did this fork firmware solve your problem?
I use 37B5 on AC56U. Sometimes stubby stops working, nothing relevant happens in the log. I had that before when I used dnscrypt, it also stopped working (that told something about being unable to download its servers list, dnscrypt-resolvers.csv). A router reset restores functionality.

Android does not like DNS outages, so it disconnects from the WiFi.

Found a small problem with the new DDNS feature and the external IP-Check. After each manual reboot of the router, it goes back to internal, also in the WebUI.
I am on Firmware:374.43_37B4j9527, bug is maybe older, didn't tested it before.
Got it....thanks for the report. Took me a little bit to figure that one out. Will be fixed in the upcoming final 37 release.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!