What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Is nvram variable http_disc_timeout obsolete/orphaned/undocumented? I was looking into why I keep having to reauthenticate when I switch browser tabs for a bit in the GUI, and went looking for the logic. Seems to assume 60 seconds if this nvram isn’t defined. But the auto logout GUI setting is http_autologout.

https://github.com/john9527/asuswrt...-update/release/src/router/httpd/httpd.c#L108
Undocumented.....it's used to allow a time interval when the gui isn't talking to the router. The main gui is actually continually polling the router. During certain gui operations which restart router services, the polling doesn't take place. This timeout keeps you from having to log back in. Also when you just close the gui without logging off, this timeout will then force a logout.

Undocumented.....it's used to allow a time interval when the gui isn'tt talking to the router. The main gui is actually continually polling the router. During certain gui operations which restart router services, the polling doesn't take place. Also when you just close the gui without logging off. This timeout will then force a logout.
I manually set this to 1800 (assuming the units are seconds), and I don’t get prematurely logged out in an IOS Safari session anymore. Will have to see if it behaves the same on a desktop browser, but I’m not inclined to get out of my chair at the moment...
So worst case, if I close a GUI session without logging out, I will have to wait 30 minutes for the timeout I set?

So worst case, if I close a GUI session without logging out, I will have to wait 30 minutes for the timeout I set?
Correct...it will take 30 minutes to logout. If you try and reopen the gui before the timeout, you won't be presented with the password prompt.

Correct...it will take 30 minutes to logout. If you try and reopen the gui before the timeout, you won't be presented with the password prompt.
OK this seems to be a specific quirk with iOS Safari (to which you've alluded to several quirks in the past). On Firefox on Win10, I get the constant polling and updating of the login_timestamp even when the router GUI isn't the active tab. On iOS, it seems to suspend the router GUI tab when not active, so the timeout was triggering a logout after 60 seconds.

OK this seems to be a specific quirk with iOS Safari (to which you've alluded to several quirks in the past). On Firefox on Win10, I get the constant polling and updating of the login_timestamp even when the router GUI isn't the active tab. On iOS, it seems to suspend the router GUI tab when not active, so the timeout was triggering a logout after 60 seconds.
That's one I didn't know about....interesting.

found it thanks, they have an app on the Mac App Store
From your original post, it sounds like you are looking for the latest Merlin firmware, not this fork. If the latest Merlin, you can just load via the gui over the Asus firmware.

From your original post, it sounds like you are looking for the latest Merlin firmware, not this fork. If the latest Merlin, you can just load via the gui over the Asus firmware.
what the difference and where is that version? I have used this on past routers.

Well, i really love this! It is exactly what we need in this household! I bought this after alot of good reviews, and also price range. We have xfinity comcast internet unlimited package. ( wow there xfi sucks ) we have ALOT of devices in this house, TVS that run android boxes, Android phones, laptops, Desktops, and tablets, and of course game systems.

Ive treid to rename int he dhcp, one worked, ( no special or spaces ) the next one a amazon tablet, just will not change, everytime i go back to network map and look it didnt change.
That is the only issue ive been having. That is the ONE thing we as parents DEF need have and to see what is what lol. We have to be able to set the parental controls accordingly for each device. otherwise, yes they will be on them all night.

So any suggestions on why it wont rename? its not a long name either.

another suggestion, would be nice to put devices into groups, eg: kids, parents, TVS, etc
dont know if that will ever be possible, but just a suggestion!

Thanks GUYS!

@dave14305 Thank you posting this and @ john9527 for confirming functionality. For the longest time I thought I was crazy with Chrome on iOS constantly logging me out. Long time annoyance solved. Applied on N66U and AC68U. Worked like a charm. Thank you both!

Anyone know what this is with the latest build, its very odd keep seeing this randomly?

Dec 19 06:02:41 HTTP_login: logout successful (10.2.11.11:80 disconnected)

Theres no log entry for me normally logging in to the router which would show my login username on login and logout and the fact that I was asleep at that time of the morning.

Anyone know what this is with the latest build, its very odd keep seeing this randomly?

Theres no log entry for me normally logging in to the router which would show my login username on login and logout and the fact that I was asleep at that time of the morning.
Is 10.2.11.x your LAN IP range?

Yes is that the correct private range?

10.2.11.1 - 10.2.11.11
It’s just not the default range, so I just wanted to know if this looked like a familiar IP. Which device is .11? A PC? Was it on all night? Was it logged into the router GUI when you went to bed? What is your router Auto logout set to (default 30 mins, 0 disabled, etc.)?

I recently spent some time investigating the http timeout of the GUI and could envision a scenario where a Windows laptop at 10.2.11.11 was logged into the GUI but auto logout is disabled on the router. You went to bed, but the laptop stayed on until about 6:01 am when it hibernated, then a minute later the httpd daemon disconnected the orphaned session.

But that’s all a story I invented to try and match the limited data so far. Hence all my questions. :p

Yes I'm 10.2.11.11 and it was on all night, but I'm sure I didn't log in last night as I was in bed ill watching films all day and yes it auto logs out after 30 mins. )

When the logout message includes 'disconnected' it's due to the timeout that @dave14305 alluded to. That is, a logged in session didn't talk to the router for 60 sec (default).
Are you sure there's no login message?
Do you have WAN access enabled for the gui?
Do you run any custom antivirus or net protection suites?

Yes I'm 10.2.11.11 and it was on all night, but I'm sure I didn't log in last night as I was in bed ill watching films all day and yes it auto logs out after 30 mins. )
Can you post the last few lines of this command run on your router? Looking for the pairs of login/logout for your IP.
Code:
grep HTTP_login /tmp/syslog.log | grep "10.2.11.11"
Here's an example from my syslog of a delayed disconnected session:
Code:
Dec 19 08:06:25 HTTP_login: login 'rtradmin' successful from 192.168.1.86:443
Dec 19 08:37:06 HTTP_login: logout successful (192.168.1.86:443 disconnected)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!