What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have the forked firmware up and running. I have run into one issue.

DNS is borked when you connect the router as a client to a vpn, in my situation I am connecting to vpnbook.

Connect- DNS cannot resolve any pages. Disconnect- DNS works.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Edit- got it working. Had to set accept DNS configuration. It seems anything but disabled might work. Set to exclusive works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm....I run 24x7 with the router set up as a VPN client (to PIA).....

Can you stop/start the VPN, and post the syslog?

Just saw your edit.....As they say....Nevermind :)

I have the forked firmware up and running. I have run into one issue.

DNS is borked when you connect the router as a client to a vpn, in my situation I am connecting to vpnbook.

Connect- DNS cannot resolve any pages. Disconnect- DNS works.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Edit- got it working. Had to set accept DNS configuration. It seems anything but disabled might work. Set to exclusive works.

Some VPN tunnel providers force you to use their DNS, to ensure you don't suffer from DNS leaks (where you would connect to a remote DNS server, revealing to that server every single hosts that you visit).

RT-N16 .43 update

hello john,
Did you have plan release update for RT-N16? or May I request for it?

Since i have problem huawei 3G dongle with new firmware (v376.44-45) from merlin so do with the fork one ,i still use v 374.43 firmware

Thanks

Last edited:
hello john,
Did you have plan release update for RT-N16? or May I request for it?
Thanks

Hmmm.....building for the N16 wasn't covered in the wiki. Based on Merlin's releases, it should be possible though.

Merlin, if you see this, can you point me in the right direction to do an N16 build?

I concur. It is easy to go off on a lark for a feature or two but where do you stop? IIWY, I would do exactly what you are now doing. Keep it real and thanks.

+1 here too.

Hmmm.....building for the N16 wasn't covered in the wiki. Based on Merlin's releases, it should be possible though.

Merlin, if you see this, can you point me in the right direction to do an N16 build?

Run the "make rt-n16" from within the release/src-rt/ directory (this is where the SDK5 is located).

Build profile can be adjusted in the same target.mak shared with other SDKs (they're all symlinks to the same target.mak).

..found a glitch, which I did not see with .42 and since this is the newest .43 release, I'd rather post this here.

In WiFi settings, when selecting the WDS tab ( a feature I do not use), I cannot leave the page (not clicking apply, just go to/select another tab) without wireless (5G is what I use) being recycled.

...this is odd behavior.

..found a glitch, which I did not see with .42 and since this is the newest .43 release, I'd rather post this here.

In WiFi settings, when selecting the WDS tab ( a feature I do not use), I cannot leave the page (not clicking apply, just go to/select another tab) without wireless (5G is what I use) being recycled.

...this is odd behavior.

Seen that as well. If you wait long enough, sometimes you get it to respond again.
Although it could be also visible using "stock" Merlins .43, I can't remember.

...this is odd behavior.

Yep....can recreate here. Also verified it's the same on the base 43_2 release. Even stranger, if you leave the tab by directly going to a different Advanced section (like LAN or SYSLOG) it doesn't restart.

I don't see anything ugly afterwards, i.e. none of the wireless setting are changed...it just restarts and comes right back. Something to look at when I'm in the mood to play detective.

I wonder if it's the same on 376.45?

Nice to see a sticky for this thread. :)
Keep 374.43 up to date (security patches) is great to have!

Yep....can recreate here. Also verified it's the same on the base 43_2 release. Even stranger, if you leave the tab by directly going to a different Advanced section (like LAN or SYSLOG) it doesn't restart.

I don't see anything ugly afterwards, i.e. none of the wireless setting are changed...it just restarts and comes right back. Something to look at when I'm in the mood to play detective.

I wonder if it's the same on 376.45?

I am using 376.45 and no issue if i click the WDS tab and then click another tab it goes there.

I am using 376.45 and no issue if i click the WDS tab and then click another tab it goes there.

The question is does it reset the wireless....if you go to the syslog can you see DHCPREQUESTs for your wireless clients?

The question is does it reset the wireless....if you go to the syslog can you see DHCPREQUESTs for your wireless clients?

Yes sorry i did not check that. Yes it appears this is a glitch in 376.45. Not really a problem never use that feature.

Yes sorry i did not check that. Yes it appears this is a glitch in 376.45. Not really a problem never use that feature.

I agree, that feature is kind of obsolete, as the security is limited to WEP..I am not using it as well and I got to that section in the UI merely by "accident".

However, I see my laptop getting disconnected from wireless, not just a DHCP refresh.
I am using chrome, 64bit on RHEL6.5 btw.

I agree, that feature is kind of obsolete, as the security is limited to WEP..I am not using it as well and I got to that section in the UI merely by "accident".

However, I see my laptop getting disconnected from wireless, not just a DHCP refresh.
I am using chrome, 64bit on RHEL6.5 btw.

Ok i just got the refresh no disconnect at all. Using Chrome Win 7 64 bit.

I downgrade rt-ac66u from .45 to .43_2-01j9527 then reset factory, unlock all region and raise power to 400.

Works fabulous!

Thanks a lot

This firmware is working flawlessly for me as well. Not sure what that openvpn client dns thing was about, probably a goofed up setting after flashing. Nice work.

I downgrade rt-ac66u from .45 to .43_2-01j9527 then reset factory, unlock all region and raise power to 400.

Works fabulous!

Thanks a lot

How do you get to the CMD page in order to unlock the region on this firmware? I don't see it. Isn't it suppose to be under Tools?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!