What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hmm it is possible that I've changed my phone in the very same time as a firmware.
Would it change something if I disable DoS protection in a config ?

hmm it is possible that I've changed my phone in the very same time as a firmware.
Would it change something if I disable DoS protection in a config ?
No, all indications are that the phone is causing a multicast storm....also, it seems to affect that last Merlin builds as well as my fork.

Ok.
Fyi, my phone is using Android 9, but reboots were also there on android 8.1.
So, now I'm going to disable wifi just to see if it helps. Will report back soon.
Thx for Your help.

Ok.
Fyi, my phone is using Android 9, but reboots were also there on android 8.1.
So, now I'm going to disable wifi just to see if it helps. Will report back soon.
Thx for Your help.
Will be a good test.....Please let us know the results.

Had both of my AC68U's loose connection to Quad9 resolvers this morning. Had upgraded to latest 36EA firmware. Had DoT and DNSSEC enabled from the prior build. Did not have the time to check the Stubby log as there were several angry office staff that wanted connection now. Went back to just the Quad9 via up addresses.
This is in line with my experience at home with Quad9. Not having issues with Cloudflare resolvers on DoT and DNSSEC. Quad9 and CleanBrowsing give me problems! Running just DNSSEC or just DoT seems to work OK.
Sure would like to figure out why Cloudflare works.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Had both of my AC68U's loose connection to Quad9 resolvers this morning. Had upgraded to latest 36EA firmware. Had DoT and DNSSEC enabled from the prior build. Did not have the time to check the Stubby log as there were several angry office staff that wanted connection now. Went back to just the Quad9 via up addresses.
This is in line with my experience at home with Quad9. Not having issues with Cloudflare resolvers on DoT and DNSSEC. Quad9 and CleanBrowsing give me problems! Running just DNSSEC or just DoT seems to work OK.
Sure would like to figure out why Cloudflare works.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk
Quad9 went completely unavailable on me for a good part of yesterday (really made me mad as I was experimenting and thought some changes I made broke DNSSEC when they really didn't)

Have a nice day, everyone! I use Merlin fork 374.43_36EAj9527 on AC66U 1 revision router. In PPPOE mode, the udpxy port: 4000 does not work. When I connect the Internet in the automatic ip mode, from another router, udpxy works. On stock firmware, HGG, Merlin, udpxy in pppoe mode works. Help please solve the problem.

First post and I'm already asking for help.

Currently using Asuswrt-Merlin last available firmware (RT-N66U_380.70_0.trx) on my ASUS RT-N66U.

As Asuswrt-Merlin is no longer updating his firmware for this model I'm thinking about changing to Merlin fork 374.43_36EAj9527.

Forgive me for being a noob but if I create a backup of my current config using nvram-save-r26.2 can I then restore by backup to my ASUS RT-N66U with Merlin fork 374.43_36EAj9527 without having to manually set it all up again myself?

Just read in @UpgradeMatrix.txt that it's 'Likely (change in code size)' that I will have to Reformat/Restore JFFS.

I have created a backup using nvram-save-r26.2 and there is a directory with JFFS openvpn info in it, so I guess that there is data in the JFFS partition.

I've seen a button under Administration\System to Format JFFS partition at next boot. Do I have to use this? When?

Words of one syllable please. With your help hopefully I won't brick my ASUS RT-N66U.

Thanks in advance.

Have a nice day, everyone! I use Merlin fork 374.43_36EAj9527 on AC66U 1 revision router. In PPPOE mode, the udpxy port: 4000 does not work. When I connect the Internet in the automatic ip mode, from another router, udpxy works. On stock firmware, H G G, Merlin, udpxy in pppoe mode works. Help please solve the problem.
May be a tough one....I don't have access to a PPPoE connection, AC66U or a way to test udpxy.

I did however take a look, and see that there is newer release of udpxy available in Merlin along with a couple of parameter adjustments. I'll port them over for you to try and send you a PM.

Last edited:

Currently using Asuswrt-Merlin last available firmware (RT-N66U_380.70_0.trx) on my ASUS RT-N66U.

As Asuswrt-Merlin is no longer updating his firmware for this model I'm thinking about changing to Merlin fork 374.43_36EAj9527.

Forgive me for being a noob but if I create a backup of my current config using nvram-save-r26.2 can I then restore by backup to my ASUS RT-N66U with Merlin fork 374.43_36EAj9527 without having to manually set it all up again myself?
Since you are on a 380 base, it should work.

Just read in @UpgradeMatrix.txt that it's 'Likely (change in code size)' that I will have to Reformat/Restore JFFS.

I have created a backup using nvram-save-r26.2 and there is a directory with JFFS openvpn info in it, so I guess that there is data in the JFFS partition.

I've seen a button under Administration\System to Format JFFS partition at next boot. Do I have to use this? When?
After you go thru the firmware upgrade with the Recovery Tool or CFE mini server (just a reminder that this takes a LONG time to complete.....40min or a bit more).

- Do a factory default reset
- after boot, select reformat JFFS partition at next boot, Apply, and then reboot twice
- use the nvram-restore tool to restore both the nvram and jffs
- if you use wifi mac address filtering or ssh access, check those settings. They may need to be touched up manually.

Words of one syllable please. With your help hopefully I won't brick my ASUS RT-N66U.

Thanks in advance.
Should work ok...good luck.

Thanks in advance.

I most recently did the same thing you’re doing, but on RT-AC66U instead.

I used nvram-save-r26.2 to save NVRAM and JFFS from Merlin 380.x.
Then I used Asus firmware restore utility to install the LTS fork. This didn’t take 40 minutes but only a few minutes.
Afterward I did another factory reset, then restored using nvram-save-r26.2 (when I finally figured out how to mount my USB drive, see below).

Almost everything was restored except for my VPN TLS certificate keys, which I’ve gotten into the habit of saving. So I just manually pasted them back.

The other thing I learned was any time I left the USB thumb drive in during a FW upgrade (this happened as well installing the recent LTS maintenance release), the router would cease to detect any USB drive I plug in until I repeat the FW upload without a drive plugged. This wasn’t a case of not mounting; the router didn’t recognize something was hot plugged.

Good luck, it went well for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Using the EA and E9 build i have to manually set up the DNS server IP address to my ASUS N66U router ip address (192.168.0.1) in Windows10 (build 1903) and Android (Android 8.0.0) to be able to connect outside of my private network. Otherwise i am able to access my LAN devices, but not the internet.
My WAN settings are here:
2052qgk.png

my LAN->DHCP Server settings:
mlp5s3.png

the DNS server seems to be configured on two places. I am really confused :)

Last edited:
Using the EA and E9 build i have to manually set up the DNS server IP address to my ASUS N66U router ip address (192.168.0.1) in Windows10 (build 1903) and Android (Android 8.0.0) to be able to connect outside of my private network. Otherwise i am able to access my LAN devices, but not the internet.
What do you have on the LAN > DHCP Server page?

Ah, there seem to be another DNS server configuration on LAN->DHCP Server ... Confusing.
The WAN page settings control how the router talks upstream to the DNS servers. The LAN page is how the router talks downstream to the clients via DHCP. So the LAN page servers can override the WAN page if both are set. Usually the LAN page servers are left blank to use WAN dnsmasq, and the advertise router as DNS should be checked.

The WAN page settings control how the router talks upstream to the DNS servers. The LAN page is how the router talks downstream to the clients via DHCP. So the LAN page servers can override the WAN page if both are set. Usually the LAN page servers are left blank to use WAN dnsmasq, and the advertise router as DNS should be checked.
thanks for the explanation. May be some warning on both,WAN and LAN page if both, LAN and WAN DHCP servers are set to different values, would be nice.
My current settings seem to be working now. I hope they are correct. They look like this:
2njzxb4.png
33kxhnc.png

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!