What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

unfortunately ,this one follow the trend with breaking Windows media center being able to use HDhomerun network tuners.
I run HDHomeRun Prime as part of my setup and WMC sees all the tuners with no problem......and there is nothing that was picked up in this release over V14 that I can think of that would affect it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update John! Updated and rebooted and running smoothly

I'm having trouble blocking an ip in the network services filter from the web gui. I recently did a factory reset and I'm on V14E1. I know for sure this worked on a previous version but I'm not sure which one. Only thing different config wise is I now have the default 192.168.x.x ip range instead of 10.x.x.x ip range. The ip I want filtered is 192.168.100.1.
I have:
Enable Network Services Filter set to yes
Black list
all other default
and
Source IP set to *.*.*.*
Destination IP set to 192.168.100.1
Protocol set to TCP (also tried TCP ALL)

I cleared the browser cache, rebooted modem and rebooted router to no avail. Is this broke or am I in err?

Uh, I'm not sure you want to block that exact IP, either... If you're using a Cable Modem, that's usually the default address built into the modem's firmware (Cisco & Motorola/Arris - YMMV...). Are you concerned with your LAN users having access to view your cable modem stats, or accidentally reboot the cable modem?

Uh, I'm not sure you want to block that exact IP, either... If you're using a Cable Modem, that's usually the default address built into the modem's firmware (Cisco & Motorola/Arris - YMMV...). Are you concerned with your LAN users having access to view your cable modem stats, or accidentally reboot the cable modem?
Yes.
Normally, the 192.168.100.x subnet will not be accessible at all unless you add routing or move the router to the same subnet. What method are you using? Can you provide a bit more specifics on your local lan setup (router address and netmask).

V15E3 Feedback:
John, I just updated to V15E3 AC66U and It will not let me add to the Network Services Filter Table. When I click add it just highlights the Add/Delete button. Using Chrome. Did not do a factory reset.

I run HDHomeRun Prime as part of my setup and WMC sees all the tuners with no problem......and there is nothing that was picked up in this release over V14 that I can think of that would affect it.

Strange. that it works for you.
Just to note, I tried it on 2 separate windows 7 media center pc's, and by the way it only happens after I reset the router to defaults. If I only flash V15 over V14 it works fine, but if I hard reset then reconfigure my settings, wmc no longer detect the tuners

V15E3 Feedback:
John, I just updated to V15E3 AC66U and It will not let me add to the Network Services Filter Table. When I click add it just highlights the Add/Delete button. Using Chrome. Did not do a factory reset.
Same here using Internet Explorer 11. Entering values and clicking Add/Delete or Apply does nothing.

(Well actually clicking Add/Delete does do something. It changes "Enable Network Services Filter" from No to Yes.)

Yes.
V15E3 Feedback:

Confirmed....I'll upload a fix release later today. This only affects the Network Services Filter.

I have two RT-N16 routers, both with Merlin released firmware from when that model was supported by him. More specifically, with versions 378.50 and 376.48_3 . Are you aware of any issues (like being bricked) if I try to move off of those versions and install 374.43/V15E3?

Originally, I was looking into keeping up with Merlin's releases and doing my own builds or using Andray's RT-N fork. Andray seems to have moved on with life related stuff, and doesn't seem to be maintaining his fork anymore and even his Github account has not had any activity for months. Keeping up with Merlin's latest releases are also no longer feasible since the latest version of AsusWRT requires closed-source binaries that have not been released for RT-N16 and most likely won't be released since Asus may no longer release any firmware updates for that model, hence won't be required to publish the updated open-source code with its dependencies. So with that said, the only robust option to keep RT-N16 with latest security patches seems to be moving to John's fork.

So, are there known issues if I try to downgrade 378.50 and 376.48_3 to 374.43/V15E3?

Thanks

Just do a complete factory reset and reconfigure after the install and you should be good to go..

I have two RT-N16 routers, both with Merlin released firmware from when that model was supported by him. More specifically, with versions 378.50 and 376.48_3 . Are you aware of any issues (like being bricked) if I try to move off of those versions and install 374.43/V15E3?

Originally, I was looking into keeping up with Merlin's releases and doing my own builds or using Andray's RT-N fork. Andray seems to have moved on with life related stuff, and doesn't seem to be maintaining his fork anymore and even his Github account has not had any activity for months. Keeping up with Merlin's latest releases are also no longer feasible since the latest version of AsusWRT requires closed-source binaries that have not been released for RT-N16 and most likely won't be released since Asus may no longer release any firmware updates for that model, hence won't be required to publish the updated open-source code with its dependencies. So with that said, the only robust option to keep RT-N16 with latest security patches seems to be moving to John's fork.

So, are there known issues if I try to downgrade 378.50 and 376.48_3 to 374.43/V15E3?

Thanks

In fact .55 and .56 still works on RT-N16 great, you just need to digg on the code.

A quick update for a reported problem. This only affects Network Filter, so you can decide on your update requirements.
Sorry for the problem :oops:

LATEST RELEASE: Update-15E4
15-November-2015
Merlin fork 374.43_2-15E4j9527
Download http://1drv.ms/1uChm3J
============================
Update-15E4 HighLights:
  • Fixed unable to save rules in Network Filter
NOTE: The firmware images have increased in size by 8K-20K depending on the model. Make sure you have a current backup of you /jffs directory, especially for the N16, N66 and AC66 MIPS based routers.
For those loading new...please take the time to read thru the first post for a complete list and some important notes on using some of the new features.

Last edited:
thanks John for all the efforts and keeping it up.
the only issue I have is can't get TunnelBroker IPv6
to work on my RT-N16U with version 374.43,
tried and having same issue with Merlin's release,
which only happen with version 374.43,
works fine with Merlin's version 378.50.

RT-N16U IPv6 seems to be broken by Asus in
version 374.43, is it possible to fix? thanks.

I'm having an issue setting up OpenVPN with this fork. I have a N66U. When I go into "Content modification of Keys & Certificates", the overlay opens as it should, however nothing happens if I hit the OK button. When I open the javascript console in firefox, I see there is an error with the script:
Code:
TypeError: document.openvpn_form.vpn_crt_server1_crl is undefined

It appears to be coming from Advanced_VPNAdvanced_Content.asp on line 635.
Code:
if (openvpn_unit == "1") {
document.openvpn_form.vpn_crt_server1_static.value = document.getElementById('edit_vpn_crt_server1_static').value;
document.openvpn_form.vpn_crt_server1_ca.value = document.getElementById('edit_vpn_crt_server1_ca').value;
document.openvpn_form.vpn_crt_server1_crt.value = document.getElementById('edit_vpn_crt_server1_crt').value;
document.openvpn_form.vpn_crt_server1_crl.value = document.getElementById('edit_vpn_crt_server1_crl').value;
document.openvpn_form.vpn_crt_server1_key.value = document.getElementById('edit_vpn_crt_server1_key').value;
document.openvpn_form.vpn_crt_server1_dh.value = document.getElementById('edit_vpn_crt_server1_dh').value;
}else{
document.openvpn_form.vpn_crt_server2_static.value = document.getElementById('edit_vpn_crt_server2_static').value;
document.openvpn_form.vpn_crt_server2_ca.value = document.getElementById('edit_vpn_crt_server2_ca').value;
document.openvpn_form.vpn_crt_server2_crt.value = document.getElementById('edit_vpn_crt_server2_crt').value;
document.openvpn_form.vpn_crt_server2_crl.value = document.getElementById('edit_vpn_crt_server2_crl').value;
document.openvpn_form.vpn_crt_server2_key.value = document.getElementById('edit_vpn_crt_server2_key').value;
document.openvpn_form.vpn_crt_server2_dh.value = document.getElementById('edit_vpn_crt_server2_dh').value;
}

thanks John for all the efforts and keeping it up.
the only issue I have is can't get TunnelBroker IPv6
to work on my RT-N16U with version 374.43,
tried and having same issue with Merlin's release,
which only happen with version 374.43,
works fine with Merlin's version 378.50.

RT-N16U IPv6 seems to be broken by Asus in
version 374.43, is it possible to fix? thanks.
I have 6in4 HE tunnel on RT-N16 running fine. Just could you post a picture of your IPv6 router settings page?
Another thing is what you have in the /tmp/ipv6.log if you run this script from the jffs https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/wiki/IPv6-tunnelling ?

I'm having an issue setting up OpenVPN with this fork. I have a N66U. When I go into "Content modification of Keys & Certificates", the overlay opens as it should, however nothing happens if I hit the OK button. When I open the javascript console in firefox, I see there is an error with the script:
Sigh....couldn't have found this one day earlier? :oops:

I've done another refresh to pick up a fix for this one.....hopefully this will be the last....

A quick update for another reported problem. This only affects OpenVPN server setup, so you can decide on your update requirements.

LATEST RELEASE: Update-15E5
16-November-2015
Merlin fork 374.43_2-15E5j9527
Download http://1drv.ms/1uChm3J
============================

Update-15E5 HighLights:
  • Fixed unable to save OpenVPN server certificates

Hi John. Thank you for the hard work as always.

Minor problem on 15E5.

VPN switch will not stick on reboot? Switches on and saves OK, but once the system has been rebooted, its off again.

Here is log, bearing in mind that I have manually started VPN after this reboot.

Attachments

• syslog.txt
    22.6 KB · Views: 522

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!