What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Don't know if this is specific to this fork (I'm running 15E3 on an AC68U in AP mode), but running the Site Survey reliably cuts my 5Gz signal from about -69 to -82 dBm (at a particular point in my house). No effect on the 2.4GHz signal. Toggling the 5Gz radio restores the signal strength. I recently upgraded from an N66U and don't recall having this problem with that router. Did a factory reset and manual configuration when switching to the AC68U.

Make sure 'Start with WAN' is set to Yes (assuming you are talking about VPN Client).

Duh!! What an idiot LOL!! This time I done a full factory reset, nvram wipe etc, as I hadn't done one since very early forks, and after entering all my settings again, I forgot this one :D

Sorry bout that John :oops::oops::oops: and many thx!

Installed v15E5 from v14E1 without a complete wipe, or restore, just upgraded yesterday, on both my AC68U, AC66U, so far all functions running smooth, thanks John. Rock Solid so far.

Flashed -15E5 on top of -14E1.
Seems to work fine on my RT-N66U.
/jffs was untouched.

Thx John. :)

Hi. I have an annoying issue. I'm trying to flash the latest merlin build (not the fork) however I have had little success.

It seems that my router is "stuck" with the fork build. By this I mean I can flash any firmware from the Fork series of builds, however when I try to flash something else, it fails. I have tried putting the router in to recovery mode and flashing it that way, however this also fails. It gets stuck at around 37% progress and then the router automatically resets.

Any advice?

Hi. I have an annoying issue. I'm trying to flash the latest merlin build (not the fork) however I have had little success.
Which router model? No advise if you do not disclose what to fix! :rolleyes:

Which router model? No advise if you do not disclose what to fix! :rolleyes:
Aha, sorry. It's the AC68U.

I think I have just resolved the issue. I had to flash 374.43_2 from the main merlin build and that worked. I'm now off the Fork. I will update this post if I can successfully flash to anything else.

Edit: Working fine now. On the latest.

Last edited:
I have RT-N66U in AP mode.
Found out that turning on IP traffic monitoring is useless in this mode because Traffic Monitor tab under tools is absent
Should it be like that or it is a bug?

A quick update for another reported problem. This only affects OpenVPN server setup, so you can decide on your update requirements.

LATEST RELEASE: Update-15E5
16-November-2015
Merlin fork 374.43_2-15E5j9527
Download http://1drv.ms/1uChm3J
============================

Update-15E5 HighLights:
  • Fixed unable to save OpenVPN server certificates

Much appreciated. Thanks for the quick fix.

I switched to your fork john a couple of weeks ago from Merlin 378.55. Wifi range has increased and everything is running very nice.

Thanks for your work!

tools.png
I've been seeing a strange-looking Tools page for at least several versions. The page takes a long time to load, and then it only partially appears. Note the missing data items. Any ideas?

Not seeing this on my N66 page looks as intended using Chrome..

View attachment 4849 I've been seeing a strange-looking Tools page for at least several versions. The page takes a long time to load, and then it only partially appears. Note the missing data items. Any ideas?
Probably a JavaScript error. Check your browser's error console for any hints.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Probably a JavaScript error. Check your browser's error console for any hints.
I'm seeing this on both FF 42.0 and IE 11.0.

FF debugger says
Code:
ReferenceError: overlib is not defined Tools_Sysinfo.asp:40:1
ReferenceError: show_menu is not defined Tools_Sysinfo.asp:42:1
If this doesn't narrow it down, I'll need some guidance to further debug.

I'm seeing this on both FF 42.0 and IE 11.0.

FF debugger says
Code:
ReferenceError: overlib is not defined Tools_Sysinfo.asp:40:1
ReferenceError: show_menu is not defined Tools_Sysinfo.asp:42:1
If this doesn't narrow it down, I'll need some guidance to further debug.

Open the error console before reloading the page - I suspect you might have another error happening before that overlib one. Most common cause is when a network client has either a description or a name that contains illegal characters, such as quotes.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!