What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Open the error console before reloading the page - I suspect you might have another error happening before that overlib one. Most common cause is when a network client has either a description or a name that contains illegal characters, such as quotes.
Yes, there is a prior error, which is confusing me even more: "jQuery is undefined." My client names are only alphanumeric plus "-" and "_" characters. I don't think this version has descriptions; if it does, I don't know where to find them.

jQuery.png

My JavaScript is a bit rusty, but the quotes in some of these lines in Tools_Sysinfo.asp look squirrely. Don't we need to mix quotes for lexing/parsing to succeed? For example, shouldn't
Code:
hwacc = "<% nvram_get("ctf_disable"); %>"; // note all double quotes
be
Code:
hwacc = '<% nvram_get("ctf_disable"); %>'; // my aging brain suggests mixed quotes
Here's what I'm seeing starting at line 30 of Tools_Sysinfo.asp:
Code:
wan_route_x = '<% nvram_get("wan_route_x"); %>';
wan_nat_x = '<% nvram_get("wan_nat_x"); %>';
wan_proto = '<% nvram_get("wan_proto"); %>';
hwacc = "<% nvram_get("ctf_disable"); %>";
hwacc_force = "<% nvram_get("ctf_disable_force"); %>";
arplist = [<% get_arp_table(); %>];
etherstate = "<% sysinfo("ethernet"); %>";
odmpid = "<% nvram_get("odmpid");%>";
var $j = jQuery.noConflict();

EDIT: I guess I'm grasping at straws here, since the debug output in my previous post looks fine.

Last edited:
I've been seeing a strange-looking Tools page for at least several versions. The page takes a long time to load, and then it only partially appears. Note the missing data items. Any ideas?
I hope none of you spent as many brain cycles on this as I did.

I lit some incense, drank a Scotch, did a factory reset and then reloaded via John's script, and my Tools page works again.

I hope none of you spent as many brain cycles on this as I did.

I lit some incense, drank a Scotch, did a factory reset and then reloaded via John's script, and my Tools page works again.

Reset not needed. Scotch mandatory. :D

My JavaScript is a bit rusty, but the quotes in some of these lines in Tools_Sysinfo.asp look squirrely. Don't we need to mix quotes for lexing/parsing to succeed? For example, shouldn't
Code:
hwacc = "<% nvram_get("ctf_disable"); %>"; // note all double quotes
be
Code:
hwacc = '<% nvram_get("ctf_disable"); %>'; // my aging brain suggests mixed quotes

Those aren't issues, because the tags are preprocessed by the httpd before being sent to the browser. The resulting Javascript code that the browser receives looks like this:

Code:
hwacc = "1";

Apologies in advance for yet another traffic monitoring question. I know that inaccurate monitoring values have been reported frequently in the past, but this might be something different.

The other day my ISP replaced my cable modem and increased my download speed from 106Mbps to 158Mbps. In the past I've always seen accurate values in the Traffic Monitor real-time graph.

Since the upgrade I've noticed that the values, both up and down, were massively inflated. Between 5x and 10x on the download, maybe only 2x to 5x on the upload.

There were no changes to the RT-N66U but the cable modem was changed. I checked that hardware acceleration was still disabled, it was. Then I thought that maybe a recent firmware upgrade had caused the problem and that I just hadn't noticed. So I tried the last 2 firmwares I had used, including 14E1j9527 which I had been using since it was released until a few days ago. No change. I also did a factory reset and restored my settings using John's NVRAM utility.

So it looks like it's related to the download speed. To test this theory I used robocfg to reconfigure the WAN port to 100HD (from 1000FD*). This capped my downloads at about 50Mbps. Both the upload and download values in Traffic Monitor now showed the correct values. (I tried 100FD but for some reason that capped the download at about 5Mbps, although the Traffic Monitor still showed the correct values as did 10FD and 10HD).

So it looks to me like whatever mechanism is used to obtain the traffic stats is getting corrupted (overflow?) somewhere between 106Mbps and 158Mbps. Although it is strange that it would also effect to smaller upload values.

Is this a known feature/bug? Does anybody know how the router obtains the traffic stats? Can anyone confirm what I am seeing or is it something unique to my setup?

Just curious. TIA

*NB My previous cable modem was also gigabit but didn't support DOCSIS 3 which is why it was replaced. So the WAN interface speed hasn't changed.

Last edited:
I'm noticing that in a version 14 i was able to connect to the vpn with both my laptop and my iphone using openvpn. This isnt the case anymore and its trying to assign an IP thats already assigned. see this in the logs:

MULTI: new connection by client 'client' will cause previous active sessions by this client to be dropped. Remember to use the --duplicate-cn option if you want multiple clients using the same certificate or username to concurrently connect

So looks like i have got around this. i just enabled user/pass auth with TLS certs and have a spereate login for my phone and laptop. More secure this way in the end.

I have a question regarding WD 3TB USB 3 External Hard Drive and connecting it to the USB 3 Port on AC68U:

The speed seems to be around 25-28 mbps which seems to be for USB 2.0 speeds and not USB 3.

I set Reducing USB 3 Interference to disabled (Under Wireless/Professional/2.4 ghz)

I checked the system log:

Dec 31 19:00:12 kernel: Build_for__ASUS_PRODUCTS_003_lke_8.9.0_r225078_b43
Dec 31 19:00:12 kernel: xhci_hcd 0000:00:0c.0: xHCI Host Controller
Dec 31 19:00:12 kernel: xhci_hcd 0000:00:0c.0: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1
Dec 31 19:00:12 kernel: xhci_hcd 0000:00:0c.0: irq 112, io mem 0x18023000
Dec 31 19:00:12 kernel: xhci_hcd 0000:00:0c.0: Failed to enable MSI-X
Dec 31 19:00:12 kernel: xhci_hcd 0000:00:0c.0: failed to allocate MSI entry
Dec 31 19:00:12 kernel: usb usb1: No SuperSpeed endpoint companion for config 1 interface 0 altsetting 0 ep 129: using minimum values
Dec 31 19:00:12 kernel: hub 1-0:1.0: USB hub found
Dec 31 19:00:12 kernel: hub 1-0:1.0: 1 port detected
Dec 31 19:00:12 kernel: [xhci-hub] usb2mode:[0]
Dec 31 19:00:12 kernel: ehci_hcd: USB 2.0 'Enhanced' Host Controller (EHCI) Driver
Dec 31 19:00:13 kernel: ehci_hcd 0000:00:0b.1: EHCI Host Controller
Dec 31 19:00:13 kernel: ehci_hcd 0000:00:0b.1: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 2
Dec 31 19:00:13 kernel: ehci_hcd 0000:00:0b.1: irq 111, io mem 0x18021000
Dec 31 19:00:13 kernel: ehci_hcd 0000:00:0b.1: USB 0.0 started, EHCI 1.00
Dec 31 19:00:13 kernel: hub 2-0:1.0: USB hub found
Dec 31 19:00:13 kernel: hub 2-0:1.0: 2 ports detected
Dec 31 19:00:13 kernel: ohci_hcd: USB 1.1 'Open' Host Controller (OHCI) Driver
Dec 31 19:00:13 kernel: ohci_hcd 0000:00:0b.0: OHCI Host Controller
Dec 31 19:00:13 kernel: ohci_hcd 0000:00:0b.0: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 3
Dec 31 19:00:13 kernel: ohci_hcd 0000:00:0b.0: irq 111, io mem 0x18022000
Dec 31 19:00:13 kernel: hub 3-0:1.0: USB hub found
Dec 31 19:00:13 kernel: hub 3-0:1.0: 2 ports detected
Dec 31 19:00:13 kernel: usbcore: registered new interface driver usblp
Dec 31 19:00:13 kernel: usbcore: registered new interface driver asix
Dec 31 19:00:13 kernel: usbcore: registered new interface driver cdc_ether
Dec 31 19:00:13 kernel: usbcore: registered new interface driver rndis_host
Dec 31 19:00:13 kernel: cdc_ncm: 14-Mar-2012
Dec 31 19:00:13 kernel: usbcore: registered new interface driver cdc_ncm
Dec 31 19:00:13 kernel: usbcore: registered new interface driver cdc_wdm
Dec 31 19:00:13 kernel: usbcore: registered new interface driver qmi_wwan

Does this mean that the router is recognizing the hard drive as USB 2.0 instead of USB 3.0??

If yes, how do I fix this?

Thanks!!

I have updated my N66u to 15e5, and this weekend I tried to change my certificates and certs. What ever I do, it seems my asus generates them. I cut n paste certs and keys in the interface, then I start the openvpn server and try to connect with a client. Then I look again in the webinterface and all keys and certs seem different than what I have put in.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to fix this?

Also if I fire up vpn server 22015-11-21 11_52_44-ASUS Wireless Router RT-N66U - VPN Server - Pale Moon.png it does not show running in the webinterface: 2015-11-21 11_53_07-ASUS Wireless Router RT-N66U - VPN Status - Pale Moon.png

Hmmz, seems it is only saved after you put ok, and then on the bottom click on apply :)

Last edited:
I'm having trouble blocking an ip in the network services filter from the web gui. I recently did a factory reset and I'm on V14E1. I know for sure this worked on a previous version but I'm not sure which one. Only thing different config wise is I now have the default 192.168.x.x ip range instead of 10.x.x.x ip range. The ip I want filtered is 192.168.100.1.
I have:
Enable Network Services Filter set to yes
Black list
all other default
and
Source IP set to *.*.*.*
Destination IP set to 192.168.100.1
Protocol set to TCP (also tried TCP ALL)

I cleared the browser cache, rebooted modem and rebooted router to no avail. Is this broke or am I in err?

After upgrading to V15E5 this works as expected. Thank you John.

This 15x-release is troubled.

For the first time since using John's fork on my AC56U I had to go back a release. I've tried 15E3 and 15E5, and with both, my Android devices (Galaxy Note 3, Moto X Play, Xperia Z Ultra) tended to drop connection sometimes during their standby. They are on 5 GHz, on 2.4 I have no permanently connected devices going into a standby (the Chromecast stick never does). Now back on 14E1, the connections are solid again.

Edit: no resets were made, Regulation Mode is off, regional limits are off with "#a/0", 5 GHz set to 200 mW.

Last edited:
Using the N66 here and no issues with Galaxy note 3 running V15E5 also on 5 ghz band.

I have a question regarding WD 3TB USB 3 External Hard Drive and connecting it to the USB 3 Port on AC68U:

The speed seems to be around 25-28 mbps which seems to be for USB 2.0 speeds and not USB 3.

I set Reducing USB 3 Interference to disabled (Under Wireless/Professional/2.4 ghz)

I checked the system log:

That's just the host controller initialization. That section doesn't include any USB disk detection.

This 15x-release is troubled.

For the first time since using John's fork on my AC56U I had to go back a release. I've tried 15E3 and 15E5, and with both, my Android devices (Galaxy Note 3, Moto X Play, Xperia Z Ultra) tended to drop connection sometimes during their standby. They are on 5 GHz, on 2.4 I have no permanently connected devices going into a standby (the Chromecast stick never does). Now back on 14E1, the connections are solid again.

Edit: no resets were made, Regulation Mode is off, regional limits are off with "#a/0", 5 GHz set to 200 mW.

John doesn't touch the wireless driver, he's been using the same driver for over a year now. So something else is the cause.

@RMerlin
I cannot reflash ( from V15E5) your latest firmware for the Asus RT-AC68U...
What can be the cause?

Try flashing 378.53 first, then move on to 378.56_2. It seems the CFE upgrade doesn't always work properly with newer releases. I cannot really look into it since that code is closed source.

John doesn't touch the wireless driver, he's been using the same driver for over a year now. So something else is the cause.
Something else in that release, because nothing changed on the client side during the days I hade 15Ex running, and now back on 14E1 things are stable again.

Try flashing 378.53 first, then move on to 378.56_2. It seems the CFE upgrade doesn't always work properly with newer releases. I cannot really look into it since that code is closed source.
Thank you!!!! It works perfect! No more experiments...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!