1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (V39E3)

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by john9527, Aug 14, 2014.

1. huotg01

huotg01 Senior Member

Thanks John.

Gaston

2. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

And it also meant I was no longer flooded with complains from RT-N66U owners that their routers were suddenly less powerful - so everyone wins! :)

il2, punchsuckr, Nullity and 3 others like this.
  3. john9527

john9527 Part of the Furniture

A pleasant side benefit...I don't even own an N66U, just provide the service (N16U too) :)

il2, Kal-EL, joegreat and 1 other person like this.
  4. Lotta Cox

Lotta Cox Regular Contributor

When I change it to no, it would just said processing. Like it got stuck. So I guess it never turned off. I just usually closed the browser. Chrome and IE.
    So this time got stuck on processing when selecting no. I closed the browser and reopened. Still said no. I rebooted from the GUI. Seems working as intended now. Not logging DHCP queries when set to no.

5. john9527

Hmmm.....Chrome doesn't seem to like something. Got the stuck on processing message. IE and FF worked fine. I hate these browser compatibility issues.

For future reference....if you get the stuck on processing, give it a little time and hit the browser refresh rather than closing the browser. It will usually come back with things set correctly.

EDIT: @Lotta Cox - Found what caused the problem for me....it's the Google Cast extension. Are you running that by any chance?

6. Gravityz

Gravityz Regular Contributor

Maybee a wild guess but could tyhis have something to do with the jffs partition not being formatted right.

I recently upgraded to v15 and had to format jffs.
    i also had the procesing thing once.

maybee format jffs to be sure(first backup the data)

7. Lotta Cox

I'm not. Here is my ext

Chrome Remote Desktop-Disabled
    crxMouse Chrome Gestures
    Double Click Closes Tab
    M*gic Actions for YouTube™
    SimpleUndoClose
    Tab Resize - split screen layouts
    TabsPlus
    Url Alias Rewrite
    Yet Another Drag and Go
    Zoom

Edit: Forum doesn't like the word m*gic. Isn't Merlin a M*gician?

8. Dent

Dent New Around Here

So is it only RT-N66U that had the reduced power or all the other models too? If it was all the models, then why would you only get a flood from the RT-N66U owners and not the others?

9. Nullity

Nullity Very Senior Member

The RT-N66U has quite a storied past with driver changes (good & bad) and it is one of the older devices still being issued updates, and it is very popular. Newer devices were made in the shadow of a looming FCC ruling (ruling?).

10. punchsuckr

punchsuckr Senior Member

OMG now I'm really unsure of running this firmware on my n66u!!! Kidding :D Still running very well after 11 days with no funny business.

11. ziolupo

ziolupo Occasional Visitor

John, first of all my condolences to you and your family.

I did it, now if I hit "APPLY" in the "Administration->system menu" I have "NTP update successful after 1 attempt(s)".

But If a do a reboot I'm back to the wrong date.
    The complete LOG between a reboot and a "APPLY" is attached to this message.

Thank you for your fantastic job!

ZioLupo

Attached Files:

12. Lotta Cox

My AC68 router is losing connection sometimes. And I see this in the log:
    Dec 8 06:34:51 miniupnpd[791]: upnp_event_recv: recv(): Connection reset by peer
    Is there anything I do about it? I did a factory reset last week. That didn't fix it.

13. dlandiss

dlandiss Senior Member

We are all pleased that you have continued to improve the firmware without compromising stability. I understand that many of your improvements have also been adopted by ASUS.

Odd thing is that there is something about the new radio drivers beyond just a power limitation. Using averages from four measurements at each of four distant test points around my house, I get roughly double the download throughput with John's fork running at the legal 80mW on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz. I know of nothing that could cause that except the radio drivers themselves.

I hope you and John are both able to keep up the great work -- we need you!

14. john9527

Lots going on in the syslog I haven't seen before.....can you tell me a bit more about your config? I see you are PPPoE , with an attached USB drive with the NFS server active. Anything you can add?

One thing I'd like you to try is turning off NFS and rebooting. Does the time get set correctly then?

15. john9527

The miniupnpd message is usually a benign or secondary message. When you say 'losing connection', can you be more specific...internet access, some client's drop, wifi drops, or ?

Can you post or send a link to your full syslog at the time you are having a problem?

16. ziolupo

ziolupo Occasional Visitor

My config it's very easy. I have a modem b y DLINK (DSL-320T) and an external HD USB3.
    Byt you hit the bulleye: after removing NFS now is working correctly.
    And I add more: when I stopped NFS, I lost the date!!!
    See the log file attached (before stpping NFS, stopped... and then rebooted)

Thank you.
    You rock!

ZioLupo

Attached Files:

17. Lotta Cox

I should have said losing internet connection.
    Dec 8 06:34:51 miniupnpd[791]: upnp_event_recv: recv(): Connection reset by peer
    Dec 8 06:35:27 sd-idle-2.6[464]: spinning up /dev/sda after 10 hours 6 mins 32 secs
    Dec 8 06:45:27 sd-idle-2.6[464]: spinning down /dev/sda after 10 mins
    Dec 8 08:56:43 HTTP login: login 'somebody' successful from 192.168.1.2

It happened when I turned on my Dell 1820 AIO PC AC wireless this morning. I opened Chrome, which opens 3 tabs and those 3 pages didn't finish loading. There was no event in my Moto SB6183 modem log.
    Also, I notice that the Tivo Mini's lose connection to a Tivo Roamio on the Lan. And sometimes see the upnp message. So it seem like the Lan goes down. Not for long though. Maybe less than a minute

18. john9527

Interesting....seems like NFS is short-circuiting the NTP start somehow. What options are you using for the NFS server so I can try and recreate it?

19. john9527

What type of USB disk is attached? Is it a Seagate? I seem to remember a similar problem on Merlin's main branch where the Seagate disk was very slow to wake up.

20. john9527

I signed up for the free ASUS Webstorage and was able to recreate the problem. Fix will be in the next release (guess you could call this AICloud 1.5 :) )