What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

My gut says this firmware has become abandonware.
I think you are correct. Been lurking and watching. Shame really. But John probably has good reasons and things change. Personally I hope he is OK and for what ever reason the stop is secondary over his well being. I appreciate all he has done thus far for this project.

I will be moving back to Merlin at end of his last beta.

I think you are correct. Been lurking and watching. Shame really. But John probably has good reasons and things change. Personally I hope he is OK and for what ever reason the stop is secondary over his well being. I appreciate all he has done thus far for this project.

I will be moving back to Merlin at end of his last beta.
I can understand how you feel. However, this firmware has been serving my needs perfectly, but I don't use VPN or many of the variety of features it provides.
Consequently, I will continue to use it for as long as I can.

I picked up an AC66U for a good friend who was having poor wifi from the cable modem supplied by his provider (Virgin UK). I will put his current modem/router combo SH3, into modem mode only and use the AC66U as the router.
The main thing he needs is the best wifi performance. Which firmware is most likely to give him that?
Merlins 380.74 dated 2018-04-08,
Asus Official v3.0.0.4.382.51641 dated 2019-11-05
John9527 Fork dated 2019-04- 17

I picked up an AC66U for a good friend who was having poor wifi from the cable modem supplied by his provider (Virgin UK). I will put his current modem/router combo SH3, into modem mode only and use the AC66U as the router.
The main thing he needs is the best wifi performance. Which firmware is most likely to give him that?

The WiFi components are closed source and locked down so all 3 firmware listed will be much the same .

John's LTS fork does have bit more control over wifi power, so you might have a small performance increase with that.
If this an AC66U_b1 you could use Merlin's RT-AC68 firmware.
If this is the AC66U A1 you should probably consider John's since it is much more patched than the available standard Merlin version.

Much more radio power and so coverage with Johns legacy (L-builds) using older unlimited WiFi-drivers.

Much more radio power and so coverage with Johns legacy (L-builds) using older unlimited WiFi-drivers.
John's LTS fork does have bit more control over wifi power, so you might have a small performance increase with that.
If this an AC66U_b1 you could use Merlin's RT-AC68 firmware.
If this is the AC66U A1 you should probably consider John's since it is much more patched than the available standard Merlin version.

Thanks for that. Yes, I did see the 'older but probably better wifi drivers' mentioned in the first post. It's an A1 with the slower CPU, have you guys overclocked it?

Thanks for that. Yes, I did see the 'older but probably better wifi drivers' mentioned in the first post. It's an A1 with the slower CPU, have you guys overclocked it?
I don't have the A1 any longer; I've got the B1 now.

Appreciate the input. I've updated it now to the latest L build, had to use the recovery method to flash it. Is it set to more radio power by default or do I need to change that manually?

Appreciate the input. I've updated it now to the latest L build, had to use the recovery method to flash it. Is it set to more radio power by default or do I need to change that manually?
I would try different settings under Wireless/Professional/Tx power adjustment and see how that works out for you. You may not need to adjust anything.

374.43_40ECj9527 is a available in the dev drive.

* FIXED: https: workaround for logon failure in chrome browser

Last edited:
Hi, I just got a "RT-N66U B1" It was bricked. I went through the recovery with the latest stock firmware, and am waiting patiently to see if it starts working. Right now I can ping the router, but no web interface yet.

Could you point me to your firmware that I could flash on this device? I see the N66U, but not a B1 version. And please any tips (should I do the recovery again, but load the firmware you've pointed me to....)

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I just got a "RT-N66U B1" It was bricked. I went through the recovery with the latest stock firmware, and am waiting patiently to see if it starts working. Right now I can ping the router, but no web interface yet.

Could you point me to your firmware that I could flash on this device? I see the N66U, but not a B1 version. And please any tips (should I do the recovery again, but load the firmware you've pointed me to....)

Thanks in advance.
Hi. All hardware versions of the RT-N66U use the same firmware image.

I have the tmobile router flashed to AC 68U.

I need to flash something being updated. Can someone recommend what to use?

Hello all. I have an RT-N66U that I just flashed with this firmware. I switched from Merlin because I was interested in receiving the latest security updates. I just flashed this firmware (waited about 25 minutes before things seemed to be up and running). I have not adjusted many settings, but I notice that many of the words in the gui interface are overlapping and set behind buttons and section titles...like the HTML is messed up.

1. Is this common? Does anyone else have this issue?
2. I am not a huge fan of the Asus GUI interface, aside from this firmware, are their any others that implement security fixes?

Any other advice would be appreciated, Thanks!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    144 KB · Views: 463
Hello all. I have an RT-N66U that I just flashed with this firmware. I switched from Merlin because I was interested in receiving the latest security updates. I just flashed this firmware (waited about 25 minutes before things seemed to be up and running). I have not adjusted many settings, but I notice that many of the words in the gui interface are overlapping and set behind buttons and section titles...like the HTML is messed up.

1. Is this common? Does anyone else have this issue?
2. I am not a huge fan of the Asus GUI interface, aside from this firmware, are their any others that implement security fixes?

Any other advice would be appreciated, Thanks!
See the post below for a Chrome workaround.

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (V39E3)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!