What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have Pihole installed and pointed the router to Pihole , this is what I see:
It's not the router....this fork will only generate a DNS query either at boot or following a WAN failure (it uses pings to monitor the internet). And in that case it would go down the list appended by @dave14305 , so you would see a request to asus.com first.

The output you appended is probably a response list. Every DNS server (whether IPv4 or IPv6) will return both A and AAAA responses.

john9527,
Good afternoon!
Could you please advise if 4G (USB stick modems) work on your latest build?
I tried your previous firmware (April 2019) and my modem didn't work with that build. Now I have latest Asus firmware and USB-modem works fine, but i lack a lot of features. :(

john9527,
Good afternoon!
Could you please advise if 4G (USB stick modems) work on your latest build?
I tried your previous firmware (April 2019) and my modem didn't work with that build. Now I have latest Asus firmware and USB-modem works fine, but i lack a lot of features. :(
You can experiment with the development build in this post if you’re interested:

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (V43E6)

I guess that your pihole configuration is like this: you set the pihole IP as dns server in your router and you leave your clients to get the default dns server from your router. This means that all the traffic from your clients will be seen by pihole as coming from the router, not from the clients. Per-host tracking on Pi-hole (i.e. logging of DNS requests tied to individual machines by their respective hostnames) will be unavailable unless you use the hosts file on Pi-hole

I have Pihole installed and pointed the router to Pihole , this is what I see:
View attachment 23630
PS: Dual Band is turned OFF.
Cheers,

What format to get DDNS custom script working in john9527 build? Same as in RMerlin?

For the Custom DDNS you must enable the JFFS partition, and create a ddns-start script that handles your custom notification.

Getting back to a more 'regular' release schedule, V44E4 has been posted. Please take the time to read through the first post update for the highlights.

Just a couple of things to comment on....This release

• Adds a WAN 'continuous mode' option based on the available info on ASUS's implementation. This is reported to address "ISP's DHCP did not function properly" errors, primarily seen on Australia's new NBN service. If you fall into this category, please report back in the thread any results.
  • Adds a explicit option for Android tethering and updates the USB support. If you were having problems with tethering or modem connections, this release may help.
  • Adds a new command line function, udp-broadcast-relay. This function may help those of you working with VLANs and having discovery problems when some clients are placed on different VLANs (for example HDHomerun tuners). I've included a readme file with some examples on using this program.
  • Adds the ability to disable the LPD printer daemon and Avahi mDNS daemon for those that like to minimize running services that aren't used.
  • Backports new cipher support to dropbear (SSH) from RMerlin and theMiron.
  • Includes updates to several components, including an OpenSSL security fix for TLS 1.3 and the current release of AMTM.

Enjoy!

SHA256
    Code:
    (Default Build - All supported routers)
    06b2672efd4fa4c0b28b971a47160b40cc28ca1c6b4078e0ee15c5cb446f0eff  RT-N16_374.43_44E4j9527.trx
    ca4e2500fff97aae752d84c5aeece4646af27e0bdaaed55a337d157638c95579  RT-AC66U_374.43_44E4j9527.trx
    44108d6f5ab55449a36a7f70e2a83c29a9a1df5f251d0bf83b836275d7bb3265  RT-N66U_374.43_44E4j9527.trx
    638c91da6a7c5fb74eab054fa693306cbd7f0eea4dd12ca7cc31e683d4578e31  RT-AC68U_374.43_44E4j9527.trx
    9e18eb5bd84a00329b0b13a5d90af87c2f46d814cd26b546dd7ea0f9ab32dc72  RT-AC56U_374.43_44E4j9527.trx

• Adds a new command line function, udp-broadcast-relay. This function may help those of you working with VLANs and having discovery problems when some clients are placed on different VLANs (for example HDHomerun tuners). I've included a readme file with some examples on using this program.
Out of interest, how does this differ to the "reflector" feature of Avahi? I assume that Avahi only covers the mDNS side of things (i.e. example 1 in the README)?

Hi all,

I just upgraded to V44E4, and cannot ssh into the router anymore. Telnet works find though. Removing known_hosts on my client computer doesn't solve the problem. Rebouting the router or toggling off/on ssh on GUI either.

error message: "Connection reset by [router IP] port XX"

Any ideas?

Hi all,

I just upgraded to V44E4, and cannot ssh into the router anymore. Telnet works find though. Removing known_hosts on my client computer doesn't solve the problem. Rebouting the router or toggling off/on ssh on GUI either.

Any ideas?
Do you use an SSH key or just username and password?

Out of interest, how does this differ to the "reflector" feature of Avahi? I assume that Avahi only covers the mDNS side of things (i.e. example 1 in the README)?
I'm definitely not well versed in mDNS, but I think that only helps with name resolution. UDP broadcast is normally restricted only to the current subnet. The udp-broadcast-relay sends the broadcast to another subnet/interface and returns the results to the original subnet. BUT, as is stated in the readme, you need to make sure the router firewall will allow the traffic. Maybe with your expertise with YazFi, you could provide some guidance in this area :)

I had previously used this to access an HDHomerun across VLANs on a pfsense box. With pfsense (which uses pf for the firewall), it was easy to add a rule to allow the traffic.

I'm definitely not well versed in mDNS, but I think that only helps with name resolution. UDP broadcast is normally restricted only to the current subnet. The udp-broadcast-relay sends the broadcast to another subnet/interface and returns the results to the original subnet. BUT, as is stated in the readme, you need to make sure the router firewall will allow the traffic. Maybe with your expertise with YazFi, you could provide some guidance in this area :)

I had previously used this to access an HDHomerun across VLANs on a pfsense box. With pfsense (which uses pf for the firewall), it was easy to add a rule to allow the traffic.
This may be the excuse (reason) to finally buy the HDHomerun Quad tuner I've had on my wishlist forever...

Which router? And what is the error msg?
Router: RT-AC66u
error message in the terminal window: "Connection reset by [router IP] port XX"

EDIT: I see the following in the log: "dropbear[1781]: Exit before auth: Integrity error (bad packet size 2024102498)"

I've been a happy user of your fork for many years now, thanks for your support.

Router: RT-AC66u
error message in the terminal window: "Connection reset by [router IP] port XX"

EDIT: I see the following in the log: "dropbear[1781]: Exit before auth: Integrity error (bad packet size 2024102498)"
Re ssh logon fail....
I've recreated the fail and it seems the MIPS kernel isn't playing nice with the new chacha20 cipher support.
I'm doing a new set of builds now with that removed and will have it up later today.

Thanks for quickly reporting the problem!

I can't see the 44E4 builds anymore on OneDrive. Were they pulled?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!