What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I just double checked, and it appears to be working for me to turn them off. One thing, on the latest fork release I moved the option to the Administration > System page to keep all the logging options in one place and because it interacts with some of the other logging options.

When I change it to no, it would just said processing. Like it got stuck. So I guess it never turned off. I just usually closed the browser. Chrome and IE.
So this time got stuck on processing when selecting no. I closed the browser and reopened. Still said no. I rebooted from the GUI. Seems working as intended now. Not logging DHCP queries when set to no.

When I change it to no, it would just said processing. Like it got stuck. So I guess it never turned off. I just usually closed the browser. Chrome and IE.
So this time got stuck on processing when selecting no. I closed the browser and reopened. Still said no. I rebooted from the GUI. Seems working as intended now. Not logging DHCP queries when set to no.
Hmmm.....Chrome doesn't seem to like something. Got the stuck on processing message. IE and FF worked fine. I hate these browser compatibility issues.

For future reference....if you get the stuck on processing, give it a little time and hit the browser refresh rather than closing the browser. It will usually come back with things set correctly.

EDIT: @Lotta Cox - Found what caused the problem for me....it's the Google Cast extension. Are you running that by any chance?

Maybee a wild guess but could tyhis have something to do with the jffs partition not being formatted right.

I recently upgraded to v15 and had to format jffs.
i also had the procesing thing once.

maybee format jffs to be sure(first backup the data)

Hmmm.....Chrome doesn't seem to like something. Got the stuck on processing message. IE and FF worked fine. I hate these browser compatibility issues.

For future reference....if you get the stuck on processing, give it a little time and hit the browser refresh rather than closing the browser. It will usually come back with things set correctly.

EDIT: @Lotta Cox - Found what caused the problem for me....it's the Google Cast extension. Are you running that by any chance?

I'm not. Here is my ext

Chrome Remote Desktop-Disabled
crxMouse Chrome Gestures
Double Click Closes Tab
M*gic Actions for YouTube™
SimpleUndoClose
Tab Resize - split screen layouts
TabsPlus
Url Alias Rewrite
Yet Another Drag and Go
Zoom

Edit: Forum doesn't like the word m*gic. Isn't Merlin a M*gician?

And it also meant I was no longer flooded with complains from RT-N66U owners that their routers were suddenly less powerful - so everyone wins! :)
So is it only RT-N66U that had the reduced power or all the other models too? If it was all the models, then why would you only get a flood from the RT-N66U owners and not the others?

So is it only RT-N66U that had the reduced power or all the other models too? If it was all the models, then why would you only get a flood from the RT-N66U owners and not the others?

The RT-N66U has quite a storied past with driver changes (good & bad) and it is one of the older devices still being issued updates, and it is very popular. Newer devices were made in the shadow of a looming FCC ruling (ruling?).

A pleasant side benefit...I don't even own an N66U, just provide the service (N16U too) :)

OMG now I'm really unsure of running this firmware on my n66u!!! Kidding :D Still running very well after 11 days with no funny business.

John, first of all my condolences to you and your family.

If the NTP update failed, there should be failure messages in the syslog (will put out a log entry for every 5 consecutive attempts that fail).
Also, the default is to not log successful NTP updates. You can change this and also log the successful updates by entering via telnet/ssh

Code:
nvram set ntp_log=1
nvram commit

It's possible that there was a bad nvram entry that hitting apply corrected. Please post back if you continue to have a problem.

I did it, now if I hit "APPLY" in the "Administration->system menu" I have "NTP update successful after 1 attempt(s)".

But If a do a reboot I'm back to the wrong date.
The complete LOG between a reboot and a "APPLY" is attached to this message.

Thank you for your fantastic job!

ZioLupo

Attachments

• syslog.txt
    29.9 KB · Views: 429
My AC68 router is losing connection sometimes. And I see this in the log:
Dec 8 06:34:51 miniupnpd[791]: upnp_event_recv: recv(): Connection reset by peer
Is there anything I do about it? I did a factory reset last week. That didn't fix it.

And it also meant I was no longer flooded with complains from RT-N66U owners that their routers were suddenly less powerful - so everyone wins! :)
We are all pleased that you have continued to improve the firmware without compromising stability. I understand that many of your improvements have also been adopted by ASUS.

Odd thing is that there is something about the new radio drivers beyond just a power limitation. Using averages from four measurements at each of four distant test points around my house, I get roughly double the download throughput with John's fork running at the legal 80mW on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz. I know of nothing that could cause that except the radio drivers themselves.

I hope you and John are both able to keep up the great work -- we need you!

John, first of all my condolences to you and your family.

I did it, now if I hit "APPLY" in the "Administration->system menu" I have "NTP update successful after 1 attempt(s)".

But If a do a reboot I'm back to the wrong date.
The complete LOG between a reboot and a "APPLY" is attached to this message.

Thank you for your fantastic job!

ZioLupo
Lots going on in the syslog I haven't seen before.....can you tell me a bit more about your config? I see you are PPPoE , with an attached USB drive with the NFS server active. Anything you can add?

One thing I'd like you to try is turning off NFS and rebooting. Does the time get set correctly then?

My AC68 router is losing connection sometimes. And I see this in the log:
Dec 8 06:34:51 miniupnpd[791]: upnp_event_recv: recv(): Connection reset by peer
Is there anything I do about it? I did a factory reset last week. That didn't fix it.
The miniupnpd message is usually a benign or secondary message. When you say 'losing connection', can you be more specific...internet access, some client's drop, wifi drops, or ?

Can you post or send a link to your full syslog at the time you are having a problem?

Lots going on in the syslog I haven't seen before.....can you tell me a bit more about your config? I see you are PPPoE , with an attached USB drive with the NFS server active. Anything you can add?

One thing I'd like you to try is turning off NFS and rebooting. Does the time get set correctly then?

My config it's very easy. I have a modem b y DLINK (DSL-320T) and an external HD USB3.
Byt you hit the bulleye: after removing NFS now is working correctly.
And I add more: when I stopped NFS, I lost the date!!!
See the log file attached (before stpping NFS, stopped... and then rebooted)

Thank you.
You rock!

ZioLupo

Attachments

• syslog2.txt
    31.4 KB · Views: 741
The miniupnpd message is usually a benign or secondary message. When you say 'losing connection', can you be more specific...internet access, some client's drop, wifi drops, or ?

Can you post or send a link to your full syslog at the time you are having a problem?
I should have said losing internet connection.
Dec 8 06:35:27 sd-idle-2.6[464]: spinning up /dev/sda after 10 hours 6 mins 32 secs
Dec 8 06:45:27 sd-idle-2.6[464]: spinning down /dev/sda after 10 mins
Dec 8 08:56:43 HTTP login: login 'somebody' successful from 192.168.1.2

It happened when I turned on my Dell 1820 AIO PC AC wireless this morning. I opened Chrome, which opens 3 tabs and those 3 pages didn't finish loading. There was no event in my Moto SB6183 modem log.
Also, I notice that the Tivo Mini's lose connection to a Tivo Roamio on the Lan. And sometimes see the upnp message. So it seem like the Lan goes down. Not for long though. Maybe less than a minute

My config it's very easy. I have a modem b y DLINK (DSL-320T) and an external HD USB3.
Byt you hit the bulleye: after removing NFS now is working correctly.
And I add more: when I stopped NFS, I lost the date!!!
See the log file attached (before stpping NFS, stopped... and then rebooted)

Thank you.
You rock!

ZioLupo
Interesting....seems like NFS is short-circuiting the NTP start somehow. What options are you using for the NFS server so I can try and recreate it?

I should have said losing internet connection.
Dec 8 06:35:27 sd-idle-2.6[464]: spinning up /dev/sda after 10 hours 6 mins 32 secs
Dec 8 06:45:27 sd-idle-2.6[464]: spinning down /dev/sda after 10 mins
Dec 8 08:56:43 HTTP login: login 'somebody' successful from 192.168.1.2

It happened when I turned on my Dell 1820 AIO PC AC wireless this morning. I opened Chrome, which opens 3 tabs and those 3 pages didn't finish loading. There was no event in my Moto SB6183 modem log.
Also, I notice that the Tivo Mini's lose connection to a Tivo Roamio on the Lan. And sometimes see the upnp message. So it seem like the Lan goes down. Not for long though. Maybe less than a minute
What type of USB disk is attached? Is it a Seagate? I seem to remember a similar problem on Merlin's main branch where the Seagate disk was very slow to wake up.

Hi to all,
tried today your fork V15E15 and it works very well, except for Aicloud Webstorage Sync.
It says "finished" but never starts to sync. It's a known bug or I made some mistakes? With latest official merlin it worked....
Thanks
I signed up for the free ASUS Webstorage and was able to recreate the problem. Fix will be in the next release (guess you could call this AICloud 1.5 :) )

Interesting....seems like NFS is short-circuiting the NTP start somehow. What options are you using for the NFS server so I can try and recreate it?
To say the truth, John, no configuration at all. I did a factory reset some days ago and I forgot to re-export the NFS directory. So the mount list was completely empty.

Thx
Ziolupo

IPv6 download speed is not working correctly with QoS enabled on build V15E5, downstream speed seems to be limited to the upstream value.

1140083504.png

IPv6 download speed is not working correctly with QoS enabled on build V15E5, downstream speed seems to be limited to the upstream value.
It's working fine for me (50/5) service with HE Tunnel....unfortunately I have no way to debug native.
1140133864.png

EDIT: Please send me a copy of /tmp/mangle_rules_ipv6 via PM

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!