What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Maybe your router is dead, but it’s hard to tell after looking through all those syslog lines from dnsmasq. The most recent entry was from Aug 22, so is that when your trouble started? If you get the router working again, post your DNS configuration to help cleanup those log messages. It seems the syslog you posted was from firmware earlier than 39L3 because @john9527 improved the insecure DS reply message in 36E5j9527.
Problems are time to time rise. First logs are from earlier Firmware, but now it's the latest "legacy" version for my hardware.
For those DNS you asked: nothing special. Auto or Google DNS.
I asked my ISP's service engineer about maybe specific error to my router and their switch, but they told me that is all ok on their side.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-08-25 at 22.11.57.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-25 at 22.11.57.png
    104 KB · Views: 389
  • Screenshot 2019-08-25 at 22.12.08.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-25 at 22.12.08.png
    85.5 KB · Views: 400
  • photo_2019-08-25 22.20.50.jpeg
    photo_2019-08-25 22.20.50.jpeg
    104.2 KB · Views: 456
Problems are time to time rise. First logs are from earlier Firmware, but now it's the latest "legacy" version for my hardware.
For those DNS you asked: nothing special. Auto or Google DNS.
I asked my ISP's service engineer about maybe specific error to my router and their switch, but they told me that is all ok on their side.
Google DNS supports DNSSEC, but it doesn’t look like 4.2.2.4 supports DNSSEC (no ‘ad’ bit returned from drill command). You also need to verify your ISP DNS supports DNSSEC if you leave set to Auto.

Also on your LAN DHCP page, make sure you are not forwarding local domain queries to upstream dns servers.

Hello,

I would like to know why is not possible to port back AiMesh on this 3 old MIPS routers. I have an N66U and an AC66U non B1, and I would like to know why the B1 version of the AC66U does support it.

Hello,

I would like to know why is not possible to port back AiMesh on this 3 old MIPS routers. I have an N66U and an AC66U non B1, and I would like to know why the B1 version of the AC66U does support it.

AiMesh cannot be ported to anything. It has to be implemented by Asus, the source code is not available.

Google DNS supports DNSSEC, but it doesn’t look like 4.2.2.4 supports DNSSEC (no ‘ad’ bit returned from drill command). You also need to verify your ISP DNS supports DNSSEC if you leave set to Auto.

Also on your LAN DHCP page, make sure you are not forwarding local domain queries to upstream dns servers.
No matter what DNS settings are - the answer still the same:
Jan 2 20:32:24 WAN_Connection: ISP's DHCP did not function properly.
IDK but I cannot upload current syslog to forum... So it's here: https://d.pr/free/f/Q2qYvw

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-08-26 at 08.55.56.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-26 at 08.55.56.png
    103.9 KB · Views: 392
Last edited:
When I Plug WAN cable to my notebook directly it works perfectly, but stuck with router.
Try cloning the laptop's MAC address to the router's WAN interface. If you still have problems I'd say it's a hardware problem.

You could try putting the current Merlin release on it just to make sure before buying a new router.

Try cloning the laptop's MAC address to the router's WAN interface. If you still have problems I'd say it's a hardware problem.
How to? Can you please explain?

You could try putting the current Merlin release on it just to make sure before buying a new router.
But latest Merlin will close bootloader and I loose my option to change country code and etc... Or not?

Many thanks for the clarification. Do I need to be connected via cable (LAN) of I can be connected via Wi-Fi? If I clone this one, there there will be no error to my DHCP leasing table with MAC Addresses associated with local IP's?

Many thanks for the clarification. Do I need to be connected via cable (LAN) of I can be connected via Wi-Fi? If I clone this one, there there will be no error to my DHCP leasing table with MAC Addresses associated with local IP's?
You can connect to the router's WiFi if you want to, but don't connect to repeater or range extender. There shouldn't be any problem with the local IP's.

OK. I'll try this one.
You said that it worked when you directly connected your laptop to the modem. So if that was a wired connection you need to do the same now. The laptop's wired and wireless connections will have different MAC addresses. You need to use the same MAC address that worked before.

So is it time to go back to ASUS standard firmware for AC66's? Seems John may not be coming back and no one is picking up development on the fork. Wondering if the June update from ASUS may be worth installing?

Go back to standard Asus firmware ... noooooo !
First time from the few years my rooter is FULLY stable - no strange internet droops every 10 -15 min for 20 -30 seconds....
It stays as it is now to the end of the rooter lifespan !

I don’t expect anything. I’m just replying to the person above.

If I wanted updates for the sake of just updating, I would have switched out of this fork by now. But I haven’t.

What about Merlin, over the Asus?

We can still wait and see what becomes of this fork, with the last update being 4 months ago.

I was using few years merlin's firmware and always was unstable on my asus ac56 - disconnecting internet totally randomly...
I discovered THIS ultra stable firmware a month ago ... and the rooter is a 100 % stable since then....
Nooo changes anymore ;-)

... you can check my post made around a month ago about my problems..
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/f...lts-releases-v39e3.18914/page-477#post-505592

What about Merlin, over the Asus?

We can still wait and see what becomes of this fork, with the last update being 4 months ago.
Merlin dropped support for the older MIPS models a while back (380.xx) So that's not really an option now.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!