What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I haven’t loaded D5 yet myself but I noticed that in the changelogs, in D4...

Which version are you running?
I had 42d3, installed a clean 41ea, but everything is the same in it
You can just copy the file manually as specified in the script and then edit it. There are likely no changes in the online version anyway.
I can not change /usr/sbin/stubby-update-resolvers.sh
And can't create /jffs/etc/stubby-resolvers.csv - [ Error writing /jffs/etc/stubby-resolvers.csv: No such file or directory ]
I think I need to change permissions, but I don’t know how

This worked a few days ago, but now /usr/sbin/stubby-update-resolvers.sh is failing. There seems to be a problem with RESOLVERS_URL = "https://api.onedrive.com/v1.0/shares/s!Ainhp1nBLzMJmWL_hiVwiQDPTcKU/root/content"
This is the output with 42D5

Code:
/usr/sbin/stubby-update-resolvers.sh
stubby-update-resolvers.sh: Retrieving the list of public stubby resolvers...

stubby-update-resolvers.sh: Stubby resolvers update complete (47 entries)

Checking selected stubby resolvers...
Done

Hi friends,

I'm using RT-N66U and can not switch to John's latest stable release (41EA) from the latest original Asus's firmware (3.0.0.4_382_51641-g46d2311, which is quite unstable). The problem is that Web-interface just silently ignore requests to upgrade firmware after few seconds of "Applying Settings..." after I pressed "Upload" button. There is nothing in the logs of RT as well.

Any ideas / suggestions where I need to look and fix in order to switch to other firmware?

Thank you.

I'm using RT-N66U and can not switch to John's latest stable release (41EA) from the latest original Asus's firmware (3.0.0.4_382_51641-g46d2311, which is quite unstable). The problem is that Web-interface just silently ignore requests to upgrade firmware after few seconds of "Applying Settings..." after I pressed "Upload" button. There is nothing in the logs of RT as well.

Any ideas / suggestions where I need to look and fix in order to switch to other firmware?
Read the Installation Notes in post #1. For example:
  • For supported routers currently running ASUS firmware 380.3000 or above, or Merlin 380.60 or above, you cannot load this fork using the built in firmware update web interface. You must use the ASUS Firmware Restoration Tool from the ASUS support website or the built in CFE Mini-Web Server to install this fork firmware. You must always perform a factory default reset following the firmware update when moving from ASUS OEM or Merlin firmware above level 374 regardless if you updated via the web interface or Restoration Tool.
  • When using the ASUS Firmware Restoration Tool or CFE Mini-Web Server to install this fork firmware on MIPS based routers (N16, N66 or AC66 non_B1) the upgrade process can take from 40 minutes to 1 hour. Please be patient and do not interrupt the process.

Hi Everyone,
Need some help , suddenly my router 2.4Gh network range is reduced & download is 2-10 mbps , my ISP provides 300 Mbps.
My 5Ghz works perfectly .
I spent whole day installing different firmware's like Tamato, ddwrt,Merlin, Asus original etc.
The results are same , if did nvram clean, restored factory settings with each firmware .
Tried different channel/bandwidth but no luck .
tried new Forks firmware, reconnected router antenna etc.

Please help.

Hi Everyone,
Need some help , suddenly my router 2.4Gh network range is reduced & download is 2-10 mbps , my ISP provides 300 Mbps.
My 5Ghz works perfectly .
I spent whole day installing different firmware's like Tamato, ddwrt,Merlin, Asus original etc.
The results are same , if did nvram clean, restored factory settings with each firmware .
Tried different channel/bandwidth but no luck .
tried new Forks firmware, reconnected router antenna etc.

Please help.
Well it sounds like you’ve pretty much ruled out software as the problem. I would guess either environmental interference or maybe a hardware failure but it’s hard to say. Did this just start all of a sudden? Perhaps someone else here will have a better idea.

Well it sounds like you’ve pretty much ruled out software as the problem. I would guess either environmental interference or maybe a hardware failure but it’s hard to say. Did this just start all of a sudden? Perhaps someone else here will have a better idea.

Yes all of a sudden . the only change i did was recent upgrade of fork firmware around 15 days a ago.
Hence i tried all the different firmware , including old ones available from Asus website using Restore utility . :(

Hoping someone can show hop to me ..

Yes all of a sudden . the only change i did was recent upgrade of fork firmware around 15 days a ago.
Hence i tried all the different firmware , including old ones available from Asus website using Restore utility . :(

Well I’m only really familiar with the fork these days, been ages since I used tomato. So I would say load up the latest fork, and then reset the nvram afterward. Set up again from scratch, no imported settings. For 2.4ghz, go in and set the channel to something manual such as 11. Disable both beam forming options, disable Bluetooth coexistence, disable reduce usb3 interference, and disable airtime fairness (some of these I think are disabled by default). I would also consider trying “N only” mode. If that doesn’t do anything for you, I’m out of ideas.

Is the power supply working fine ?

And I should say 2.4 GHz is not meant for fast downloads. Anyway not by using the hardware fit for John's fork.

Oh, yes, if you have neighbors near don't use 40 MHz wide channels for 2.4.

Hi guys! I am getting a corrupted page layout (see below) when going to the wireless section. I've just installed John's fork on my old faithful Asus RT-N16.
I did reset to factory after installing from DD-WRT Mini.
Not only that I did also an NVRAM clear with the WPS button and it worked (at least the password and SSID where erased). And finally I logged in using Telnet and did an mtd-erase -d NVRAM
I tried both on Chrome and Edge, same thing. I remember there was some issue with Chrome experimental features, some option that changes the way the HTML is handled, that messed up pages in Merlin, but cannot find it again so I cannot check if that is the problem... I remember unsetting this flag some time ago but maybe it was changed again by Chrome. Edge uses a Chromium engine now I believe so not surprising if it gives the same result. Any ideas on how to fix this issue?
I also had a weird issue while trying from Ubuntu Chrome, I was asked for the user and password a million times, kind of for every http call made to the web interface instead of taking it once and storing it. Switched to Windows now problem seems to be gone.... another Chromium engine tweak required? Weird!!!
Thanks for your comments!

upload_2020-3-21_23-44-0.png

Last edited:
Hi guys! I am getting a corrupted page layout (see below) when going to the wireless section. I've just installed John's fork on my old faithful Asus RT-N16.
I did reset to factory after installing from DD-WRT Mini.
Not only that I did also an NVRAM clear with the WPS button and it worked (at least the password and SSID where erased). And finally I've logged in to Telnet and did an mtd-erase -d NVRAM
I tried both on Chrome and Edge, same thing. I remember there was some issue with Chrome experimental features, some option that changes the way the HTML is handled, that messed up pages in Merlin, but cannot find it again so I cannot check if that is the problem... I remember unsetting this flag some time ago but maybe it was changed again by Chrome. Edge uses a Chromium engine now I believe so not surprising if it gives the same result. Any ideas on how to fix this issue?
I also had a weird issue while trying from Ubuntu Chrome, I was asked for the user and password a million times, kind of for every http call made to the web interface instead of taking it once and storing it. Switched to Windows now problem seems to be gone.... another Chromium engine tweak required? Weird!!!
Thanks for your comments!

View attachment 22094
Start here -

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/f...lts-releases-v39e3.18914/page-503#post-547314

and check out the following posts

I tried 42D5 and unfortunately sftp does not seem to work: "failed getting banner".
Could someone check it out?

I tried 42D5 and unfortunately sftp does not seem to work: "failed getting banner".
Could someone check it out?
Works for me.

Are you using SFTP or FTPS? What client are you using?

If you are talking about SFTP then maybe you need to update your openssh-sftp-server Entware package.

Last edited:
Like Errorsys above I just tried the new 42D5 firmware on my AC68U. Wanted to give the TLS function a try for the internal FTP server. I can connect with no issues using the internal IP address using TLS but when I try to connect from an external connection I get the following error in the Filezilla status log below. If I disable TLS everything works perfect again using internal IP address or via external hostname. Any ideas on what that error is telling me? Perhaps a port issue once TLS is enabled? Did some reading but nothing applies as far as I can tell to my situation. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks very much

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Status: Server sent passive reply with unroutable address. Using server address instead.
Command: LIST
Error: The data connection could not be established: ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server
Error: Connection timed out after 30 seconds of inactivity
Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing

Last edited:
@atkinsom Looking back at @errorsys' previous post I think his issue is with SFTP, not FTPS.

Do you have a double NAT setup?

EDIT: Also reboot your router after making changes to the SFTP settings. I found that when I enabled WAN SFTP access the router didn't update the running vsftpd.conf file and my client couldn't connect. Restarting sorted that out.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!