What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

New development build

Update-43D1
6-April-2020
Merlin fork 374.43_43D1j9527
Download https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ainhp1nBLzMJiF2l3WjM46lSmxrH
============================

Putting this out to try and get some runtime primarily on a change to the IPv6 stack that I've been wanting to do for a while. I've been running it for the last day and haven't encountered any problems, but I wouldn't recommend installing it in any critical or business environments right now.

Below are some notes on the major changes. If you can safely give it a try, it would be appreciated. Thanks.

• CHANGED: radvd: update to 2.18
    This is part of the IPv6 stack. The previous version (1.15) has been out of service for a while, and was last updated in 2015. In order to bring in the update, I needed to port in some functions/structures not present in the older kernels used by the routers, so this needs some workout. (On the plus side, I got the chance to learn some new compiler errors :) )
  • CHANGED: jquery: update to 3.4.1
    This provides the support for some of the gui update operations, and is another major update, with API changes to the previous 1.x versions. So far, I haven't found any incompatibilites with the functions actually used by the router gui. I want to try and bring this in since it includes some fixes related to the newer browser releases.
  • CHANGED: openssl11: update to 1.1.1f
  • CHANGED: httpd: (backport) add recv & send timeouts
    Provides some mitigation for the iOS/Safari SSL hangs
  • CHANGED: httpd: limit SSL certificate to 13 months if clock has been set
    Prep for an Apple initiative to force the update of certificates.
  • CHANGED: firewall: (backport) add support for TTL spoofing
  • CHANGED: stubby: dnsmasq: add support for nextdns id's and analytics
    No gui for this, it's enabled via nvram. See the Merlin_Fork_Options.txt file for how to use it.
  • CHANGED: dnsfilter: update service providers
    Includes the new Cloudflare Malware and Adult filtering servers.
  • FIXED: httpd: allow single quote in usb device name
    Fix for some of the newer SanDisk USB sticks
  • FIXED: services: disable stubby and dnscrypt if not in router mode
  • FIXED: webui: do not allow invalid lan gateway during AP setup
    Fixes in AP mode setup based on recent feedback and testing.
  • CHANGED: webui: (backport) include base64.js
    By request for addon developers

If you can safely give it a try, it would be appreciated
Flashed 43D1. Thanks again for base64.js. I’m not sure about trying IPv6 yet, but will let you know if I find any issues.

I know what a default route is but in this case that isn't what we're talking about. A default route has a network address of 0.0.0.0, the field we're talking about is the gateway address.

Yeah, I get that. I even noted it in my reply.

The network stack shouldn't allow that as a valid entry.

CHANGED: radvd: update to 2.18
This is part of the IPv6 stack. The previous version (1.15) has been out of service for a while, and was last updated in 2015. In order to bring in the update, I needed to port in some functions/structures not present in the older kernels used by the routers, so this needs some workout. (On the plus side, I got the chance to learn some new compiler errors :) )
Enabled IPv6 just now. So far so good. Everything still works.

Enabled IPv6 just now. So far so good. Everything still works.
Thanks for the feedback....

To anyone else....looking for feedback on one of the MIPS based routers, and for differing types of IPv6....6to4, HE tunnel.....

It looks like state.js needs modifying, which shouldn't be too difficult. I just wanted a fork compatible router so I could make sure things work without pestering users to test :p
These are the lines in the firmware that need to be adjusted.
Old:
Code:
tabtitle[12] = new Array("", "Sysinfo", "Other Settings");
tablink[12] = new Array("", "Tools_Sysinfo.asp", "Tools_OtherSettings.asp");
This is how it might look as developers want to add pages, by orphaning the closing paren and semi-colon. Just need some sed-foo to insert ', "MyPage[.asp]"\n' in between.
Code:
tabtitle[12] = new Array("", "Sysinfo", "Other Settings"
, "Unbound"
);
tablink[12] = new Array("", "Tools_Sysinfo.asp", "Tools_OtherSettings.asp"
, "user1.asp"
);

Loaded 43D1 without issue. Running my config normally with IPv6 Native, DoT on Quad9, DNSSEC, and DNS filter set to Router.

Thanks for the work, as always!

EDIT: Still no issues at all here. Running great with same features as above.

EDIT2: And 43D4 good too.

Last edited:
These are the lines in the firmware that need to be adjusted.
Old:
Code:
tabtitle[12] = new Array("", "Sysinfo", "Other Settings");
tablink[12] = new Array("", "Tools_Sysinfo.asp", "Tools_OtherSettings.asp");
This is how it might look as developers want to add pages, by orphaning the closing paren and semi-colon. Just need some sed-foo to insert ', "MyPage[.asp]"\n' in between.
Code:
tabtitle[12] = new Array("", "Sysinfo", "Other Settings"
, "Unbound"
);
tablink[12] = new Array("", "Tools_Sysinfo.asp", "Tools_OtherSettings.asp"
, "user1.asp"
);
I went with this code below. It seems to work for me, but mostly through blind trial-and-error. If anyone sees any optimizations, please advise. I decided to just insert at the end of the list instead of a newline. @Jack Yaz
Code:
sed -i "s/\(^tabtitle\[12\].*\)\([\).*$]\)/\1, \"Unbound\"\2/" /tmp/state.js
sed -i "s/\(^tablink\[12\].*\)\([\).*$]\)/\1, \"$am_webui_page\"\2/" /tmp/state.js

I went with this code below. It seems to work for me, but mostly through blind trial-and-error. If anyone sees any optimizations, please advise. I decided to just insert at the end of the list instead of a newline. @Jack Yaz
Code:
sed -i "s/\(^tabtitle\[12\].*\)\([\).*$]\)/\1, \"Unbound\"\2/" /tmp/state.js
sed -i "s/\(^tablink\[12\].*\)\([\).*$]\)/\1, \"$am_webui_page\"\2/" /tmp/state.js
Are you willing to test out my scripts if I implement the changes on a branch? If so, which of my scripts do you currently/would you use? I'll start with that one

Are you willing to test out my scripts if I implement the changes on a branch? If so, which of my scripts do you currently/would you use? I'll start with that one
uiDivStats would be the easiest for me to test. It's still funky trying to reconcile differences between fork and Merlin (not so much on my Unbound page, but I started hacking at skynet.asp). I'm stymied by cal_height giving typeError in state.js.
Code:
$("FormTitle").style.height = table_height + "px";

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!