What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (V44EA)

joe a

Regular Contributor
Just "Enabled". Sorry to trouble you with this, but it was driving me a bit batty.

Thanks for you help, CT.

Attachments

Last edited:

joe a

Regular Contributor
Sorry, I don't know any more. What is it specifically you're seeing that concerns you.
It's higher CPU usage on the 1GHz router during downloads, but I'm okay with it.

joe a

Regular Contributor
The firmware checks a value set by the kernel in the proc filesystem to determine if it's FA (CTF Level2) capable.

@joe a
What does
cat /proc/cpuinfo
show on the AC66U_B1?
Processor : ARMv7 Processor rev 0 (v7l)
processor : 0
BogoMIPS : 1998.84

processor : 1
BogoMIPS : 1998.84

Features : swp half thumb fastmult edsp
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant : 0x3
CPU part : 0xc09
CPU revision : 0

Hardware : Northstar Prototype
Revision : 0000
Serial : 0000000000000000

john9527

Part of the Furniture
@joe a
Hmmm...cpuinfo same as my AC68U and AC68P....
The AC68P supports FA, but my older AC68U doesn't

what about
cat /proc/fa

This doesn't exist on my 68U, but does with a value of '1' on my 68P

Last edited:

joe a

Regular Contributor
@joe a
Hmmm...cpuinfo same as my AC68U and AC68P....
The AC68P supports FA, but my older AC68U doesn't

what about
cat /proc/fa

This doesn't exist on my 68U, but does with a value of '1' on my 68P
Why would that be if both have the same CPU?

ColinTaylor

Part of the Furniture
Interesting it doesn't show up in cpuinfo.....wonder if there is a way to check the CPU without opening up the router and looking?
I think that other thread relies on tear-down reviews from various web sites and information like the old wikidevi.

A link to a koolshare tear down had this photo of the RT-AC66U_B1:

Last edited:

ColinTaylor

Part of the Furniture
It's just a bit disappointing, but I guess that's why the AC66U_b1 is under 80 dollars on Amazon.
It would be interesting to know how much of an impact this has, i.e. what the maximum download speed is before it hits the limit of the CPU.

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
Interesting it doesn't show up in cpuinfo.....wonder if there is a way to check the CPU without opening up the router and looking?
Worth a look, from shared/sysdeps/api-broadcom.c:

Code:
int get_fa_rev(void)
{
        int fd, ret;
        unsigned int rev;
        struct ifreq ifr;
        et_var_t var;

fd = socket(AF_INET, SOCK_DGRAM, 0);
        if (fd < 0) goto skip;

rev = 0;
        var.set = 0;
        var.cmd = IOV_FA_REV;
        var.buf = &rev;
        var.len = sizeof(rev);

memset(&ifr, 0, sizeof(ifr));
        strcpy(ifr.ifr_name, WAN_IF_ETH);
        ifr.ifr_data = (caddr_t) &var;

ret = ioctl(fd, SIOCSETGETVAR, (caddr_t)&ifr);
        close(fd);
        if (ret < 0)
                goto skip;

return rev;

skip:
        return 0;
}

joe a

Regular Contributor
is there a recommended way to redirect clients traffic to DNS servers on port 53 to the DNS servers selected in the Merlin LTS GUI?

Last edited:

joe a

Regular Contributor
I don't believe I've done this before, so I'd like to take the opportunity now to thank everyone involved with this fine firmware and forum. (before the next disaster happens and gravity reverses itself or something)

Thank you to @john9527 , @ColinTaylor , @RMerlin , @dave14305, @Gar , et al.

Last edited:

jeff288

Regular Contributor
It seems with the latest dev version, D5, that on Firefox 80 with website.firstpartyisolate set to true, certain iframes don't work such as on the Traffic Manager page. Dev tools doesn't show it setting cookies unless I disable the setting. I recall this working on FF79 with firstpartyisolate enabled. Not a big deal but it's an important privacy feature and it'd be great if it worked with this setting enabled. Router is my stable and loyal N66U.

Thanks John. As they say, don't look a gift horse in the mouse. I'm ever grateful to have firmware this well supported for so long even if it's just security updates, features are a bonus.

Annotation 2020-08-28 110218.jpg

KGB7

Very Senior Member
So I got rid of my Hotspot internet service and got Cable internet.
Flashed my AC68 router to latest 44EA firmware.... and... no internet.
After almost an hour trouble shooting everything, calling ISP support, reseting the cable modem, restarting half a dozen times. I mean we have gone through every possible steps we could take.

My dumb ass, kept plugging in the CAT cable from the modem, in to routers LAN ports... /facepalm
Moved the cable from LAN port to WAN port and internet started working.

2 small issues I see at the moment;

1. Router asks for password every 10-15 seconds and doesn't save password. I think I've mentioned it before?
2. It doesn't properly detect PS4 in Wireless log. it just shows it as *. In System Log - Active connections, it says: undefined.hostname.localhost for PS4.

Gar

Very Senior Member
So I got rid of my Hotspot internet service and got Cable internet.
Flashed my AC68 router to latest 44EA firmware.... and... no internet.
After almost an hour trouble shooting everything, calling ISP support, reseting the cable modem, restarting half a dozen times. I mean we have gone through every possible steps we could take.

My dumb ass, kept plugging in the CAT cable from the modem, in to routers LAN ports... /facepalm
Moved the cable from LAN port to WAN port and internet started working.

2 small issues I see at the moment;

1. Router asks for password every 10-15 seconds and doesn't save password. I think I've mentioned it before?
2. It doesn't properly detect PS4 in Wireless log. it just shows it as *. In System Log - Active connections, it says: undefined.hostname.localhost for PS4.
The password requests are annoying, usually occurring at the worst time.

ColinTaylor

Part of the Furniture
On the PS4 go to [Settings] > [Network] > [Set Up Internet Connection] > [Use Wi-Fi] > [Custom] > [Automatic] > [DHCP Host Name] > [Specify]. Enter a host name and then carry on with the rest of the network configuration.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!