What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I really appreciate all the work Merlin and John have done. These firmwares rock!

I'm running the latest firmware from John on an RT-AC66U and I noticed the 5ghz does not have the option of "n\ac mixed". Would you consider adding this?

Thanks!
I actually removed the N/AC option quite a while back since people were having problems with it. It originally started out as 'N Only', then they changed it with the introduction of the AC routers.
Setting that option, actually cascades a bunch of other forced changes in the wireless setup, and I think they missed something when the tried to convert to N/AC mixed. At this point, I don't plan on revisiting that one....for AC use the Auto setting. I don't think there are really many 'a' mode only clients left around to have to worry about.

Hi is anyone using Torguard?
I have an AC66U and have configured it as a client but speeds are terrible. Like 5mbps vs. normal 100 mbps without VPN.

I'm using firmware 3.0.0.4.374.43_2-14E1j9527.

Quite excited about trying this firmware at the weekend (I roll like that). Now it has the bandwidth limiter (an essential for me) I'm hoping it will be a sweet replacement for the current 378 official I'm running. I tried John's f/w before and it seemed like a very nice piece of work, was just missing that one feature it has now so fingers crossed. (rt-n66u ; the greatest router ever made)

I had to roll back to 14. On the latest 17e5, I would have IPV6 for a few days and then it would drop. 14 remains solid for quite literally months. I have the AC68R/U and have Comcast Business Class internet. I left the MTU at 1280. I did not use any other versions between 14 and 17e5. This is more of an FYI but if there is a simple reason for this I will try it to see if I can use 17e5.

P.S. on 14, I get 80+MBs download on a 75MBs plan for both IPV4 and IPV6, so I am happy with 14. But there are some new things I would like to have that are in 17e5

I had to roll back to 14. On the latest 17e5, I would have IPV6 for a few days and then it would drop. 14 remains solid for quite literally months. I have the AC68R/U and have Comcast Business Class internet. I left the MTU at 1280. I did not use any other versions between 14 and 17e5. This is more of an FYI but if there is a simple reason for this I will try it to see if I can use 17e5.

P.S. on 14, I get 80+MBs download on a 75MBs plan for both IPV4 and IPV6, so I am happy with 14. But there are some new things I would like to have that are in 17e5

Why are you using the lowest MTU that IPv6 allows? That very likely decreases your maximum throughput/efficiency.

I'm going to put up a another fix pack either today or tomorrow that I think will fix that problem. I've only had it happen one or two times to me, and hadn't previously seen any other reports, so didn't know it was unique to my ISP.

Why are you using the lowest MTU that IPv6 allows? That very likely decreases your maximum throughput/efficiency.
When I added the ability to set the IPv6 MTU, I had to decide what to set as the default. In doing some reading, I found a support article from Cisco that stated that was what they set their default at to try and make sure that IPv6 would work across as many installs as possible, so I just did the same thing. It's easy enough to change in the gui. and was documented in the release notes as such.

I have an AC66U and have configured it as a client but speeds are terrible. Like 5mbps vs. normal 100 mbps without VPN.

Any help here?

That's about all you can get from a MIPS based router VPN depending on your encryption options.

For AES-128-CBC and SHA1 auth, max on the MIPS routers is about 10-12 Mb/s. If you use AES-256-CBC and SHA256 that will be cut in half to about 5-6 Mb/s.

Last edited:
i have 1 rt-n66u whit merlin 380.58 this driver wl0: Sep 2 2015 14:38:25 version 6.30.163.2002 (r382208)
en 1 rt-n66u whit merlin fork 3.0.0.4.374.43_2-17E5j9527 this driver wl0: Dec 12 2013 14:32:36 version 6.30.163.2002 (r382208)
what is the different or is there no different ?

Quite excited about trying this firmware at the weekend (I roll like that). Now it has the bandwidth limiter (an essential for me) I'm hoping it will be a sweet replacement for the current 378 official I'm running. I tried John's f/w before and it seemed like a very nice piece of work, was just missing that one feature it has now so fingers crossed. (rt-n66u ; the greatest router ever made)

It works like a charm on our great n66u!

That's about all you can get from a MIPS based router VPN depending on your encryption options.

For AES-128-CBC and SHA1 auth, max on the MIPS routers is about 10-12 Mb/s. If you use AES-256-CBC and SHA256 that will be cut in half to about 5-6 Mb/s.
Thanks for getting back to me John. Do you think any other router will use almost up to the 100mbps speed?

Thanks for getting back to me John. Do you think any other router will use almost up to the 100mbps speed?
I'm running an AC68P overclocked to 1200/800 and get 55-60 Mb/s using AES-128-CC/SHA1. The higher encrypt (primarily the SHA256 auth) drops it to about 30-35. I think I remember a post about someone getting close to 70 Mb/s on an AC88U. That's about it now for the current crop of routers.

I'm running an AC68P overclocked to 1200/800 and get 55-60 Mb/s using AES-128-CC/SHA1. The higher encrypt (primarily the SHA256 auth) drops it to about 30-35. I think I remember a post about someone getting close to 70 Mb/s on an AC88U. That's about it now for the current crop of routers.
Thanks John what about ac1750 is that also low spec, so I wouldn't gain anything if buying it

I'm still on Update-13E1 safe to update straight to Update-17E5 on the RT-N66W?
Yes you can go to any version of this fork to another at any time.

Anyone know what this means?I have a lot of these in my logs on a RT-AC68R
Should I just assign an IP for the TV?

Apr 9 14:20:55 dnsmasq-dhcp[637]: not giving name localhost to the DHCP lease of 192.168.1.64 because the name exists in /etc/hosts with address 127.0.0.1

That IP is a Samsung 4K TV. John's 17E FW.
U1CxTjl.png

Anyone know what this means?I have a lot of these in my logs on a RT-AC68R
Should I just assign an IP for the TV?

Apr 9 14:20:55 dnsmasq-dhcp[637]: not giving name localhost to the DHCP lease of 192.168.1.64 because the name exists in /etc/hosts with address 127.0.0.1
It means the Samsung 'Smart' TV folks have done something 'Stupid' :) You are not the first....
http://www.snbforums.com/threads/rt-ac68u-hostname-conflict.26264/

You can try manually assigning an address through the gui (worked for some, but not all), or make a /jffs/configs/dnsmasq.conf.add file with the following single line, filling in your TV mac address and desired ip..

dhcp-host=tv_mac_address,ip_address,Samsung_TV

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!