What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Great! Installed -25E7 on my RT-N66U.

Looking for the "Bridge Multicast option" but I can't find it. ;)
The "suppress packet with own address log" is a good idea, always seen a lot of them.
I got your 'wink' :)

When testing MediaBridge, I had the MB router and Parent in the same room for a while and got flooded with the "received packet with own address" messages. Seemed to be less when I move the MB further away. But they really don't tell you anything that you need to do something about, so I decided to just kill it.

@R1-Limited

I decided to leave the N66U set up as a MediaBridge (V25E7) for a few more days to to see if anything happened. A couple more scenarios got covered
  • My weekly scheduled backup of my Media Center PC kicked off while it was streaming live TV without a problem
  • I recorded several TV series episodes with PlayOn from Netflix while it was streaming live TV without a problem.
I'm still trying to see if I can get it to fail.

@R1-Limited

I decided to leave the N66U set up as a MediaBridge (V25E7) for a few more days to to see if anything happened. A couple more scenarios got covered
  • My weekly scheduled backup of my Media Center PC kicked off while it was streaming live TV without a problem
  • I recorded several TV series episodes with PlayOn from Netflix while it was streaming live TV without a problem.
I'm still trying to see if I can get it to fail.

I am loading now, I saw the Diagram far better then I would had created :)

For the record, it takes 24 hours at least to happen. I mainly experianc this oddly enough when the Main PC is powered down from the 66. I will keep the PC running all weekend, as well the 66 is not streaming media or unless a race I am watching. The issue I have is not streaming it is the 66 just drops off the side of the world andrefuses to pass IPs to the PC Cannon and HP as the APIPA results are clear

Map.jpg

Last edited:
I've currently been running without a problem for 1 day, 20+ hours. I'm going to let it roll over to 2 days, then I'm afraid I'm going to have to give up on this one.

I hope this post further reinforces that John is happy to help, given that a poster is willing to work together with us/him.

I've currently been running without a problem for 1 day, 20+ hours. I'm going to let it roll over to 2 days, then I'm afraid I'm going to have to give up on this one.

Well I can tell you as of this morning all is good :)

That said one odd thing I wil mention but I will have to wait until am tomorrow. I used the Cannon to ping the Main Router (68) results failed host not responding. I pinged the Media Bridge (66) and got a response. I then pinged the Main again and got a response.

That said, the PC was booting up as my symptoms show if the PC is online issue is never occuring, if PC is powered down issue appears between 12 and 24 hours the 66 stops responding to dhcp or whatever it does. Once the PC was online all was good. I suspect nothng and hope this is fixed in the 25e7 releaase :D I will post up in the AM tomorrow

And thank you @john9527 I apprecieate it

*Note to parasitical antagonists See I do give accolades

@R1-Limited
MediaBridge mode is a really strange beast because of the ethernet connections to the MB router which really isn't providing services and whose ports don't reflect the entire status of the parent router . Maybe a couple of recommendations (my opinion for what it's worth)....
  • DO NOT set a fixed address at the MediaBridge. Either manually assign an address at the parent or just let it use use regular DHCP. This way you at least keep some traffic for DHCP renews going between the MB and parent if the clients are quiet. You may even want to shorten your lease time on the parent (I used a 12 hour lease time, 43200 seconds, in my testing).
  • If you reboot or power cycle the parent router, you should power cycle the MB to make sure the MB clients leases stay in sync with the parent (a reboot of the MB won't do it).

@R1-Limited
MediaBridge mode is a really strange beast because of the ethernet connections to the MB router which really isn't providing services and whose ports don't reflect the entire status of the parent router . Maybe a couple of recommendations (my opinion for what it's worth)....
  • DO NOT set a fixed address at the MediaBridge. Either manually assign an address at the parent or just let it use use regular DHCP. This way you at least keep some traffic for DHCP renews going between the MB and parent if the clients are quiet. You may even want to shorten your lease time on the parent (I used a 12 hour lease time, 43200 seconds, in my testing).
  • If you reboot or power cycle the parent router, you should power cycle the MB to make sure the MB clients leases stay in sync with the parent (a reboot of the MB won't do it).

Got to say been there done that :) But, oddly I do extend my DHCP lease out to 6 days. Just a me think as I hate DHCP logs but I should suppress them. I am hoping with extreme confidence this is now fixed..

@john9527
Well done, it appears 25e7 is working with no hick-up. So far all is well, I will assess in the AM tomorrow and call this pig cooked

Good work appreciate it.

25e7 is working great. just a hope if you could link the "check for update firmware" to link to your latest beta. If you could spare your firmware space. I remember you mention it's merlin link, but I hope merlin would agree with this.

Can confirm that... 25D7 working without a single issue for more than 4 days already (RT-AC68U).
All smooth and fine.

Good work.

Andi

A little wonder. I'm running openvpn along with DnsCrypt and using vpn-dns supplied by vpn vendor and it works.
But my lan clients use the same dns as the vpn supplier.
Should they not get my internet provider's DNS?
Have I missed any configuration?
Have tried to put "Connect to DNS Server automatically" to internet provider dns but still get vpn-dns.
What have I missed?

EDIT: resolv.conf include my vpn-providers dns.

Octopus

Last edited:
@john9527

48 hours and going, GREAT JOB, I am 100% confident the issues I was having/reported are fixed.

All good on my n66u and ac68u running on AP and Media Bridge Mode. Thanks John.

There's a checkbox on the vpn client page next to 'Accept DNS confiiguration' that let you change what the WAN clients will use as their DNS.
Okay thanks.
I don't have that checkbox, uses fork-build. Can you show what get added when using that?
So I can try to add it by hand.

Okay thanks.
I don't have that checkbox, uses fork-build. Can you show what get added when using that?
So I can try to add it by hand.
It only shows up when you select a VPN DNS option where it makes sense to offer a different option for WAN only clients. You must set Accept DNS configuration to either 'Exclusive' or 'DNSCrypt' (if you have dnscrypt enabled).

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!