What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Read the first post: "For supported routers currently running ASUS firmware 380.3000 or above, or Merlin 380.60 or above, you cannot load this fork using the built in firmware update web interface. You must use the ASUS Firmware Restoration Tool from the ASUS support website or the built in CFE Mini-Web Server to install this fork firmware"

Read the first post: "For supported routers currently running ASUS firmware 380.3000 or above, or Merlin 380.60 or above, you cannot load this fork using the built in firmware update web interface. You must use the ASUS Firmware Restoration Tool from the ASUS support website or the built in CFE Mini-Web Server to install this fork firmware"
Yes, I have read the first post and I have installed the firmware fork (long ago) with the ASUS firmware restoration tool.

The syslog page for the time I tried to set the DNS Server looks:

log2.png

I'm not shure what the exact problem is.

Last edited:
Yes, I have read the first post and I have installed the firmware fork (long ago) with the ASUS firmware restoration tool.

View attachment 18310

After flashing, did you do a full reset to factory defaults afterward?

The M&M Config guide in my signature below may be helpful to you. Also, you may need to use the more thorough 'Nuclear Reset' link via the same link to ensure your router and network are fully reset and using all the features the new firmware offers. :)

View attachment 18310

I take from the system log that you are connecting to the router over https port 8443. Will you get the same behavior if you use http over port 80?

I’m not familiar with your ISP connection type to comment on those log entries.

I think the references to the first post were for another poster asking how to install the fork firmware, not you. Easy to misunderstand without quoting the correct post.

Hello everyone,
I have a problem where my router at random times becomes inaccessible and all devices become unreachable, but the router is still on, restarting it solves the problem.
Another problem which might be related, when my pc wakes up from sleep it causes the network to freeze, restarting the pc unfreezes the network.
Now I never use the sleep option, but the first problem still happens even when the pc is powered off.
I'm on the latest E version on an RTN66U, there is nothing in the system log from before the restart, I tried factory reset.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks for the awesome firmware.

@Quietsy Do you have any user scripts or custom config files active on your router, e.g. ad-blocking? If so disable all of those and go back to a "basic" setup to determine whether they are the cause of the problem.

Another common problem with the RT-N66U (due to its age) is that the power adapter starts to fail. Some people have reported fixing their "intermittent problems" be replacing it with a new one.

@Quietsy

Another common problem with the RT-N66U (due to its age) is that the power adapter starts to fail. Some people have reported fixing their "intermittent problems" be replacing it with a new one.

I second this. I have an RT-68U that was showing intermittent problems with wifi dropouts and occasional freezing. Tried all troubleshooting steps with no success. Replacing the power supply solved all the issues with that router.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I suspect he's taking some "personal time" after the death of his father. I expect he'll be back when he's ready.
If not, perhaps someone else might take over the project, someone with the necessary skills. I probably shouldn't suggest it since I have no such skills and don't know what it entails.

Only a thought. I do hope he returns when the time is right.

Last edited:
If not, perhaps someone else might take over the project, someone with the necessary skills. I probably shouldn't suggest it since I have no such skills and don't know what it entails.

Only a thought. I do hope he returns when the time is right.

Replacing John won't be easy. Dude has mad skillz, as the youngins say. But thanks to him my router is still supported and working well.

My RT-N66U has been running nicely for years, thanks to John's great work. But I finally thought I'd try to switch on IPv6. Not completely straightforward ...

I'm on BT in the UK. The settings that work seem to be mostly simple or default:

Connection Type: Native
Interface: PPP
DHCP-PD: enable
MTU: 1280​

I changed these ones:

LAN Prefix Length: 56
Release addresses on exit: No​

though I'm not sure if the release one is needed. However, the thing I can't work out is this:

Prefix delegation requires address request

If I set it to Yes, then I get IPv6 working but my log fills up with these messages - about 1 a second:

dhcp6c: dhcp6c state change detected SOLICIT

Apart from the log messages, everything else seems to be working. My router doesn't get a global WAN IPv6 address but apparently BT don't provide one anyway.

If I set it to No then the log messages stop but I lose the IPv6 Gateway and IPv6 stops working.

Anyone had this and/or found a fix?

Thanks!

hello to all! does this firmware RT-N66U_374.43_39E3j9527.zip provide better signal strength then latest merlin firmware? I have proplem with poor signal coverage with thick walls...

Merlin original, Merlin LTE L and Merlin LTE E have three different Wi-Fi drivers, so you have to find out for yourself.

Johns "L" (legacy) got the old drivers with full power but some missing features (like KRACK fix)

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!