What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I realize this is an extremely amateur question and i'm probably just completely looking past something, but where in the github page/download directory are the actual firmware directories/files?

edit: answered my own question, i was looking at the wrong link :facepalm:

Last edited:
You said that it worked when you directly connected your laptop to the modem. So if that was a wired connection you need to do the same now. The laptop's wired and wireless connections will have different MAC addresses. You need to use the same MAC address that worked before.
Done this with no luck. So I setted little Mikotik and try to, maybe, physically recover of the device.

Anybody following this list with experience how to produce an L-build (with the legacy drivers) from johns gitlab repository? The branch head seems to be set to the E-version. Any hint would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Nik.

It seems that there is an inconsistency in the OpenVPN's client routing when the router is used as DNS. My ISP is using the DNS-spoofing to prevent accessing some IPs (political censorship, etc.). So I am using the router's OpenVPN client with rules for routing client traffic through the tunnel to protect DNS queries. But sometimes (stochastically, router reset does not help) wrong addresses are returned in DNS responses. It seems that the router sometimes is not tunneling the DNS queries as it should. At the same time the direct DNS queries from LAN to DNS (made by nslookup with strictly specified DNS address) are not spoofed.

The router settings are straightforward:
WAN/DNS WAN/DNS Server 1: 1.1.1.1
WAN/DNS WAN/DNS Server2: 1.0.0.1
OpenVPN Client/Redirect Internet traffic: Policy rules
OpenVPN Client/Rules for routing client traffic through the tunnel table:
192.168.1.0/24 1.0.0.1 VPN
192.168.1.0/24 1.1.1.1 VPN

Any ideas? Thanks.

Last edited:
Im finding the download link for releases from the OP, John's Onedrive, is dead? Any other source for compiled firmware?
The link works for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Is anyone having internet issues, while using an USB modem or Hotspot connected to one of the USB ports??
Im having hard time accessing many big name webpages; Google, CNN, Toyota, etc. I have to constantly reload webpages because they don't fully load.
Speeds are fine, I'm maxing out my hotspots throughput at 100Mbps but, having issues with webpages.

But if I connect to the Hotpot directly over Wifi, then internet works perfectly.

Router RT-AC68, latest Fork Firmware.

Last edited:
Is anyone having an issue with the GUI where text on the various setup tabs is overlapping, different sizes, and even partially covered e.g. Administration page tabs?

I went from the latest Asuswrt-Merlin to the latest Fork. Had to use the Firmware Restoration Tool. Was running the Fork for years before that without this issue.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Is anyone having an issue with the GUI where text on the various setup tabs is overlapping, different sizes, and even partially covered e.g. Administration page tabs?

I went from the latest Asuswrt-Merlin to the latest Fork. Had to use the Firmware Restoration Tool. Was running the Fork for years before that without this issue.

Have you cleared your browser cache/tried a different browser?

Hello,
Yes, when using the Chrome browser (76.0.3809.132 as well as 77.0.3865.75), I am seeing some overlapping text, etc. Same with MS Edge.

Safari iOS and Internet Explorer look fine, so it may be a Chromium browser issue?

Reactions: a5m
Hello,
Yes, when using the Chrome browser (76.0.3809.132 as well as 77.0.3865.75), I am seeing some overlapping text, etc. Same with MS Edge.

Safari iOS and Internet Explorer look fine, so it may be a Chromium browser issue?
Maybe, or some adblocker that you are used?

Maybe, or some adblocker that you are used?

Thanks for the suggestion.
I tried both Chrome and MS Edge, adblocker on and off - same issue appears.

Not a huge deal. I remember years ago when a Chrome update caused some issues with the GUI, and John was able to update the FW.
Anyway, I hope he is well.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!