What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Is there a site where I can download the "L" version of the development builds such as a 41L9 version instead of the 41E9 version? I use the "L" builds on my N66U due to the greater transmit power that is available with the legacy wireless drivers.
Not to our knowledge. Just the E builds are available.

Looks like enabling the PPTP server causes the bandwidth limiter to not work. I wonder if it also breaks the regular QOS and I can get that working now? Bummer that PPTP borks it, but I suppose I would rather that than the OPNVPN servers.

Thanks for all your help colintaylor!

EDIT- not sure about the PPTP server thing, could have been an issue with my scripts? Who knows. Bandwidth limiter is working now, even with PPTP server enabled after some more testing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've upgraded to the test build 41e9 on my AC68U and now I can no longer connect to the FTP server via the LAN or WAN. I keep getting the following error in filezilla
Connection attempt failed with "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server". which seems to tell me that the ftp server isn't even running. I checked the GUI and all is on and running. Is there anyway to tell if the the FTP server is actually running via telnet commands? I prefer not to go back to the official build if it's something simple that I can correct. Thanks for any assistance.

I've upgraded to the test build 41e9 on my AC68U and now I can no longer connect to the FTP server via the LAN or WAN. I keep getting the following error in filezilla
Connection attempt failed with "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server". which seems to tell me that the ftp server isn't even running. I checked the GUI and all is on and running. Is there anyway to tell if the the FTP server is actually running via telnet commands? I prefer not to go back to the official build if it's something simple that I can correct. Thanks for any assistance.
Good Spot. It does appear that vsftpd isn't running. Try going back to version 41E8 and seeing if that works.
Code:
admin@RT-AC68U:/# vsftpd -v
Segmentation fault

40ED is the next oldest version available before John recompiled vsftpd with openssl11 in 41E5.
Yes I spotted that. I just wanted to double-check against the version on github because we don't know for sure what changes might have been made in error to 41E9. Admittedly that's a long shot, but just wanted to be sure before blaming it on the change made in 41E5.

Last edited:
Good Spot. It does appear that vsftpd isn't running. Try going back to version 41E8 and seeing if that works.
Code:
admin@RT-AC68U:/# vsftpd -v
Segmentation fault
Thank you Colin for the quick check...I learned something new today in telnet :) Went back to 41E8 and same issue so I took Dave's advice and tried 40ED and bingo FTP server is working now. I'm assuming the recompile broke something. Thanks to both of you for helping me out. Cheers

There is now a 41E3 folder in the Dev OneDrive with a friendly note that this was the last build based on OpenSSL 1.0.

Maybe we can post questions for John here and he will answer in the readme files. :p

Is there a site where I can download the "L" version of the development builds such as a 41L9 version instead of the 41E9 version? I use the "L" builds on my N66U due to the greater transmit power that is available with the legacy wireless drivers.
i use the E version and the tx power trick works just make sure you set these as regions via ssh
nvram set pci/1/1/ccode=#a
nvram set pci/1/1/regrev=0
nvram set pci/2/1/ccode=#a
nvram set pci/2/1/regrev=0
nvram set regulation_domain=#a
nvram set regulation_domain_5G=#a
nvram set wl0_country=#a
nvram set wl0_country_code=#a
nvram set wl0_country_rev=0
nvram set wl0_reg_mode=off
nvram set wl1_country=#a
nvram set wl1_country_code=#a
nvram set wl1_country_rev=0
nvram set wl1_reg_mode=off
nvram commit
reboot

and then you can do max tx power on this firmware on E versions! I have it running right now.

Installed 41E3 and FTP server functioning correctly on the AC68U. Guess that's as far as I can go on the dev builds for now if I want to keep using FTP on the router. Thanks to John for posting the last dev build based upon OpenSSL 1.0 on his dev site.

Any idea how to get IPV6 working on RT-N66U. I'm currently using firmware version 374.43_41E9j9527. IPV6 works with Asus stock firmware, but it caused the router to be unstable after a few days. On merlin firmwares, it never worked. It doesn't obtain the WAN IPv6 address.

Has the Chrome layoutNG formatting issue really been fixed? My N66 is running 41E9 and all tabs apart from "network map" and "usb application" seem to be affected. Same for 41E8

Has the Chrome layoutNG formatting issue really been fixed? My N66 is running 41E9 and all tabs apart from "network map" and "usb application" seem to be affected. Same for 41E8
Fixed it for me. Try clearing your browser cache.

Just tried that - no effect. No problems on my AC68U running 384.15.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!