What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Interesting it doesn't show up in cpuinfo.....wonder if there is a way to check the CPU without opening up the router and looking?
I think that other thread relies on tear-down reviews from various web sites and information like the old wikidevi.

A link to a koolshare tear down had this photo of the RT-AC66U_B1:

105030xg0pzlf5wvl04fgw.jpg

Last edited:
It's just a bit disappointing, but I guess that's why the AC66U_b1 is under 80 dollars on Amazon.
It would be interesting to know how much of an impact this has, i.e. what the maximum download speed is before it hits the limit of the CPU.

Interesting it doesn't show up in cpuinfo.....wonder if there is a way to check the CPU without opening up the router and looking?

Worth a look, from shared/sysdeps/api-broadcom.c:

Code:
int get_fa_rev(void)
{
        int fd, ret;
        unsigned int rev;
        struct ifreq ifr;
        et_var_t var;

fd = socket(AF_INET, SOCK_DGRAM, 0);
        if (fd < 0) goto skip;

rev = 0;
        var.set = 0;
        var.cmd = IOV_FA_REV;
        var.buf = &rev;
        var.len = sizeof(rev);

memset(&ifr, 0, sizeof(ifr));
        strcpy(ifr.ifr_name, WAN_IF_ETH);
        ifr.ifr_data = (caddr_t) &var;

ret = ioctl(fd, SIOCSETGETVAR, (caddr_t)&ifr);
        close(fd);
        if (ret < 0)
                goto skip;

return rev;

skip:
        return 0;
}

is there a recommended way to redirect clients traffic to DNS servers on port 53 to the DNS servers selected in the Merlin LTS GUI?

Last edited:
I don't believe I've done this before, so I'd like to take the opportunity now to thank everyone involved with this fine firmware and forum. (before the next disaster happens and gravity reverses itself or something)

Thank you to @john9527 , @ColinTaylor , @RMerlin , @dave14305, @Gar , et al.

Last edited:
It seems with the latest dev version, D5, that on Firefox 80 with website.firstpartyisolate set to true, certain iframes don't work such as on the Traffic Manager page. Dev tools doesn't show it setting cookies unless I disable the setting. I recall this working on FF79 with firstpartyisolate enabled. Not a big deal but it's an important privacy feature and it'd be great if it worked with this setting enabled. Router is my stable and loyal N66U.

Thanks John. As they say, don't look a gift horse in the mouse. I'm ever grateful to have firmware this well supported for so long even if it's just security updates, features are a bonus.

Annotation 2020-08-28 110218.jpg

So I got rid of my Hotspot internet service and got Cable internet.
Flashed my AC68 router to latest 44EA firmware.... and... no internet.
After almost an hour trouble shooting everything, calling ISP support, reseting the cable modem, restarting half a dozen times. I mean we have gone through every possible steps we could take.

My dumb butt, kept plugging in the CAT cable from the modem, in to routers LAN ports... /facepalm
Moved the cable from LAN port to WAN port and internet started working.

2 small issues I see at the moment;

1. Router asks for password every 10-15 seconds and doesn't save password. I think I've mentioned it before?
2. It doesn't properly detect PS4 in Wireless log. it just shows it as *. In System Log - Active connections, it says: undefined.hostname.localhost for PS4.

So I got rid of my Hotspot internet service and got Cable internet.
Flashed my AC68 router to latest 44EA firmware.... and... no internet.
After almost an hour trouble shooting everything, calling ISP support, reseting the cable modem, restarting half a dozen times. I mean we have gone through every possible steps we could take.

My dumb butt, kept plugging in the CAT cable from the modem, in to routers LAN ports... /facepalm
Moved the cable from LAN port to WAN port and internet started working.

2 small issues I see at the moment;

1. Router asks for password every 10-15 seconds and doesn't save password. I think I've mentioned it before?
2. It doesn't properly detect PS4 in Wireless log. it just shows it as *. In System Log - Active connections, it says: undefined.hostname.localhost for PS4.
The password requests are annoying, usually occurring at the worst time.

On the PS4 go to [Settings] > [Network] > [Set Up Internet Connection] > [Use Wi-Fi] > [Custom] > [Automatic] > [DHCP Host Name] > [Specify]. Enter a host name and then carry on with the rest of the network configuration.

On the PS4 go to [Settings] > [Network] > [Set Up Internet Connection] > [Use Wi-Fi] > [Custom] > [Automatic] > [DHCP Host Name] > [Specify]. Enter a host name and then carry on with the rest of the network configuration.

My PS4 has internet connection and I can play games online, but the router doesn't see it as PS4 in the logs. The router sees my Apple devices as; iPad, iPhone, etc. But not PS4.

It doesn't bother me one way or another, but there seems to be a bug or missing information in the Firmware code.

Last edited:
My PS4 has internet connection and I can play games online, but the router doesn't see it as PS4 in the logs. The router sees my Apple devices as; iPad, iPhone, etc. But not PS4.

It doesn't bother me one way or another, but there seems to be a bug or missing information in the Firmware code.
This is a failure of the PS4 to automatically report its hostname. As you have identified, the router can see the hostnames of other devices. Hence @ColinTaylor suggestion to manually set a hostname in the ps4.

My dudes... I would like to reconfigure the command that runs stubby, likely to change the log level and maybe the log location.

SSH into the router and check with ps command and I get this running process for stubby-
stubby -g -v 7 -C /etc/stubby.yml -F /var/tmp/stubby/stubby.log

I would like to use something like this-
stubby -g -v 3 -C /etc/stubby.yml -F /tmp/mnt/somewhere/else/stubby.log

I can killall the stubby process and run the command and it appears to work for a minute (can even write the log in a different place for a short time) but then ps reveals stubby running with default parameters.

Edit: ColinTaylor thank you sir!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!