What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thanks for the reply. It finds it at 192.168.101.2 as well. If I click configure there it attempts to load the webpage, which gives the error "refused to connect" (same as before - should have mentioned that).

Worth adding that I've attempted access on both Linux and now Windows (after running the Device Discovery app just now), so it's not an OS/firewall issue.
You didn't setup any access control by IP for the web interface did you?

The obvious question: have you rebooted it?

Did you ever enable Telnet or SSH access on it? If so try connecting with that.

Otherwise I think by now I would have just factory reset it and be done with it. :)

EDIT: Did you remember to include the default port on the HTTPS connection attempt? e.g. https://192.168.101.2:8443/

Last edited:
Otherwise I think by now I would have just factory reset it and be done with it. :)

I had faith that someone smarter than me would think of why I can't access it when we know it's there. :)

EDIT: Did you remember to include the default port on the HTTPS connection attempt? e.g. https://192.168.101.2:8443/

That was it! Adding port 8443. HTTP access was disabled - which I've now changed so it won't happen again - and port 443 is reserved for Cloud Disk, which I'm guessing wasn't loading because it's in AP mode.

Thank you very much for your help! :)

@john9527,Can you add RT-AC56S firmware support in the next new firmware release? RT-AC56S (single core) same as RT-AC56U(dual core).

Thank you very much!

Hi. Im currently on 3.0.0.4.382_52287 for AC66U. Does that mean that this fork is based on a very much older asus firmware than the newest?

So whats the status of build 45? Is it not going to be released (staying a dev only release)? Is the fork now being discontinued from further development? Just curious. Thanks

@sbailey4, if you have something to report, then do it. If you don't - just wait. There's no sheduled releases policy AFAIK.
I understand there is no "scheduled release policy". Thats why I stated I was just curious about the status. If you have something helpful to say, say it. If not, keep your snide comments to yourself please :)

So whats the status of build 45? Is it not going to be released (staying a dev only release)? Is the fork now being discontinued from further development? Just curious. Thanks

I understand there is no "scheduled release policy". Thats why I stated I was just curious about the status. If you have something helpful to say, say it. If not, keep your snide comments to yourself please :)

I think lots of folks are jonesing for a new release, but I don't think that worrying about this fork being discontinued is warranted quite yet.

I have no doubt that @john9527 is collaborating with RMerlin and backporting as much as possible from the 386.xx release we're all expecting 'soon'. :)

Sorry if it was offensive even a little bit - that wasn't my true intention. Most of the time John works silently, at least for this thread, and there were no EOL statement. So just wait :)

... and I thought this is a joke first. This is the first forum I know, where threads are killed after half a year. WTF.
They're not "killed". They just can't have new posts added to them, hence the need to create a new thread for new problems or releases. The old threads still exist for reference purposes.

They're not "killed". They just can't have new posts added to them, hence the need to create a new thread for new problems or releases. The old threads still exist for reference purposes.
Frozen? Spayed? Neutered? I didn't really know how else to say it succinctly (I suppose saying nothing was an option I never considered). Just don't want John to come back and think someone ended his thread deliberately if he hasn't been following the upcoming changes.

Last edited:
Hopefully he’s aware this thread will be killed after Saturday and he’ll need to start a new one when he’s ready for a new release.
200.gif

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!