What's new

FlexQoS FlexQoS 1.0 - Flexible QoS Enhancement Script for Adaptive QoS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@dave14305: There is a discrepancy in color coding (light blue vs dark blue) on the FlexQoS Traffic Classification page compared to regular Traffic Classification page (see highlighted below). Is this just a visual bug or does this have deeper consequences? Could you please fix this?

Would it also please be possible to correct the labels throughout for Learn-From-Home (instead of Game Transferring / Game Downloads on the QoS Customization Page), File Transferring (instead of File Downloads), Video and Audio Streaming (instead of Streaming on the QoS Customization Page)?
It's quite confusing if the category names and colors don't match.
Thank you.

1596838119371.png

Is this statement about 384.15 right, or do I need 384.18 or higher as stated in the GitHub text?

Also, I currently have FreshJR QOS, but today on a Zoom call, my connection was stuttering. Would Flexible QoS fix that problem?
I believe it should work on 384.15 after a few tweaks I made weeks ago.

FreshJR_QOS and FlexQoS employ the same techniques to customize QoS, so results should be similar, but you can try it out and see how it goes. Zoom calls usually result in Untracked udp connections that need to be forced to Work-From-Home.

EDIT: this is the iptables rule I added for Zoom calls:
1596843082712.png

Last edited:
I changed the iprules tables:
1596836310333.png
The Gaming rule requires a Local IP/CIDR to be effective. You're now forcing any Untracked traffic that's not ports 80 or 443 as Gaming. You need to add the PS4 as Local IP or else delete the Gaming rule.
The traffic has now moved to File Transferring!

Out of the total 368 connections, these 49 belong to the PS4 downloading. All of the traffic is accounted in the File Transferring category although there are plenty of connections in the Game Transferring category. How come?
There's something unusual where your Game Downloads are being moved to File Transferring, which is why I asked about changing the priority. In the debug you posted, Game Downloads was showing as 1:17, but the Game Downloads tc filter showed up as 1:16. I don't understand that discrepancy yet.

I'd like to see the output of these commands, which restart QoS and show verbose script output. You may have to post it to pastebin.com if it's too much.
Code:
service restart_qos
sh -x /jffs/addons/flexqos/flexqos.sh -start eth0 > ~/flexqos.log 2>&1
Copy the flexqos.log file from your admin home directory after a minute.

I haven't tried 384.19 beta1, but I've heard a few gripes about QoS on the AX88U. There's a chance we're chasing a problem ASUS has to solve, but I'm also open to the idea of a bug somewhere in FlexQoS.
What I don't understand is that in the tracked connections list there are two categories HTTP Protocol over TLS SSL (light blue) and Sony Playstation (brown) however the traffic is in the File Transferring (dark blue) category which does not even show up in the list for the PS4. Shouldn't the colors match?
The colors of the tracked connections obey the expected results based on the rules. The pie chart gets its data from the tc statistics. So there's a discrepancy in how the rules are being implemented at the OS level, or Adaptive QoS is broken in 384.19 beta1 on your router, or some other reason.
There is a discrepancy in color coding (light blue vs dark blue) on the FlexQoS Traffic Classification page compared to regular Traffic Classification page (see highlighted below). Is this just a visual bug or does this have deeper consequences? Could you please fix this?
This is how it's been since FreshJR_QOS. It's not a bug, just a difference.
Would it also please be possible to correct the labels throughout for Learn-From-Home (instead of Game Transferring / Game Downloads on the QoS Customization Page), File Transferring (instead of File Downloads), Video and Audio Streaming (instead of Streaming on the QoS Customization Page)?
I left it as Game Downloads because some people might be using it from the FreshJR script still. To suddenly rename it to Learn-From-Home didn't seem right, especially since there is no real use for Learn-From-Home yet, the way it was implemented. And I think the motivation from FreshJR to use Downloads instead of Transferring is that it takes up a little less space (width) in the menu dropdowns.

Any 384.19 beta1 users of FlexQoS, I'm looking for feedback whether Adaptive QoS has fixed the untracked traffic issue or not. Please run these commands:
Code:
service restart_qos
sleep 60
tc filter show dev br0 | grep -B1 c000ffff
If the tc filter command shows any results, please post them. Then to resume FlexQoS, run flexqos restart

Thanks!

It should load during boot as the firewall starts. Check the syslog for hints. Do you have more than 10 addon pages installed?

Yours is the only addon I have, I will uninstall, update to latest firmware and reinstall, will report of the results soon.

Thanks again for your work!

Any 384.19 beta1 users of FlexQoS, I'm looking for feedback whether Adaptive QoS has fixed the untracked traffic issue or not. Please run these commands:
Code:
service restart_qos
sleep 60
If the tc filter command shows any results, please post them. Then to resume FlexQoS, run flexqos restart

Thanks!
Output from my RT-AX88U:
Code:
>> tc filter show dev br0 | grep -B1 c000ffff
filter parent 1: protocol all pref 2 u32 fh 827::800 order 2048 key ht 827 bkt 0 flowid 1:14
  mark 0x80000000 0xc000ffff (success 1433268)

Output from my RT-AX88U:
Code:
filter parent 1: protocol all pref 2 u32 fh 827::800 order 2048 key ht 827 bkt 0 flowid 1:14
That's really cool then. This was missing in the last iteration of Adaptive QoS. But it remains to be seen how many different models have the right GPL with this fix.

Code:
service restart_qos
sleep 60

Thanks!
My RT-AX88U 384.19 beta 1 output...nothing....
1596846201527.png

Setup...
1596846241794.png

1596846292070.png

We need a tie-breaker from someone else on 384.19 beta1 and on RT-AX88U...
I can try it but I'm running cake....does it matter?

After a lengthy beta period, tonight I am drawing a line in the sand and declaring FlexQoS v1.0.0 to be officially released!

I've added a lengthy readme on GitHub trying to describe the functionality and basic usage of the script and WebUI.

Thanks to everyone who supports this project and provides valuable feedback. Please update so I can know what bugs I introduced with v1.0.0.

Output from my RT-AX88U:
Code:
Here you go ( I couldn't resist to give FlexQoS 1.0 a try:

Code:
admin@RT-AX88U-0D80:/tmp/home/root# tc filter show dev br0 | grep -B1 c000ffff
filter parent 1: protocol all pref 2 u32 fh 827::800 order 2048 key ht 827 bkt 0 flowid 1:11
  mark 0x80000000 0xc000ffff (success 201565)

Here you go ( I couldn't resist to give FlexQoS 1.0 a try:

Code:
admin@RT-AX88U-0D80:/tmp/home/root# tc filter show dev br0 | grep -B1 c000ffff
filter parent 1: protocol all pref 2 u32 fh 827::800 order 2048 key ht 827 bkt 0 flowid 1:11
  mark 0x80000000 0xc000ffff (success 201565)
Is this after a service restart_qos ? flowid 1:11 confuses me. Where is Others in your priority list?

Is this after a service restart_qos ? flowid 1:11 confuses me. Where is Others in your priority list?
This is my custom categorization setup:

Others
Gaming
Work from Home
Web Surfing
Video/Audio
File Transfer
Learn from Home

You recommend I bring ''others'' down? I heard for gaming, some gaming traffic can be included under others.

Last edited:
Code:
service restart_qos
sleep 60

Thanks!

here :

Code:
@RT-AX88U-F810:/tmp/home/root# tc filter show dev br0 | grep -B1 c000ffff
filter parent 1: protocol all pref 2 u32 fh 827::800 order 2048 key ht 827 bkt 0 flowid 1:16
  mark 0x80000000 0xc000ffff (success 414602)

Code:
service restart_qos
sleep 60

Thanks!

Hey Dave, this command doesn't output anything on me. Is this expected?

Hey Dave, this command doesn't output anything on me. Is this expected?
I didn't get data either, until after I ran this command "flexqos restart"

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!