What's new

FlexQoS FlexQoS 1.0 - Flexible QoS Enhancement Script for Adaptive QoS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

It’s a sad but reaffirming data point that the Asus components are hosed on the ax branch. My only hope is that once the GPLs equalize, a harmonized build will emerge. Which is why I’d be keen to hear from ax users who temporarily revert to stock to see if a published stock firmware fixes this behavior. Otherwise it could be a long wait.
Unfortunately it doesn't look like I can try stock today - the pitchforks were out at the mere suggestion

This is what I had under FreshJr, where SIP and other VOIP traffic was higher priority than streaming a/v traffic.
I said Learn-From-Home has to be lower priority than Streaming.

Everything had to add up to 100% bandwidth available.
It certainly isn’t a requirement that 100% of bandwidth be allocated as minimums, and his original script didn’t enforce 100%, but if that was his logic it’s good to know.

I managed to keep the picth forks at bay and do some tests. With stock 9107 I get
Code:
hodgetts@RT-AX88U-AA80:/tmp/home/root# tc filter show dev br0 | grep -c flowid
hodgetts@RT-AX88U-AA80:/tmp/home/root# service restart_qos; sleep 60; tc filter show dev br0 | grep -c flowid

Done.
hodgetts@RT-AX88U-AA80:/tmp/home/root# service restart_qos; sleep 60; tc filter show dev br0 | grep -c flowid

Done.

Done.
The I installed 384.19 Beta 2 and get the same
Code:
ASUSWRT-Merlin RT-AX88U 384.19_beta2 Sun Aug  9 04:44:08 UTC 2020

Done.

Done.

Done.
I'm not sure why I can't create the problem so I installed FlexQoS using amtm - note the change in numbers
Code:

FlexQoS installed

Getting from fwupdate.asuswrt-merlin.net
 - Module FlexQoS.mod downloaded

Enter option  e
              _
   ____ ____ | |_  ____
  / _  |    \|  _)|    \
 ( ( | | | | | |__| | | |
  \_||_|_|_|_|\___)_|_|_|

Goodbye

Done.

Done.

Done.
hodgetts@RT-AX88U-AA80:/tmp/home/root#
Still no problem recreated though

Last edited:
I just added a new IP tables rule and clicked apply. Then got the following
Code:

Done.
I then added an App Redirection Rule
Code:

Done.
So it looks like I wasn't waiting long enough for the rules to re-apply, but I still can't get them to duplicate. The number is only correct when I make a change to the configuration and it re-applies it's rules. That isn't happening with the "service restart_qos"

Last edited:
I'm under pressure to put everything back now - are there any more tests I can do?

I just added a new IP tables rule and clicked apply. Then got the following
Code:

Done.
I then added an App Redirection Rule
Code:

Done.
So it looks like I wasn't waiting long enough for the rules to re-apply, but I still can't get them to duplicate. The number is only correct when I make a change to the configuration and it re-applies it's rules. That isn't happening with the "service restart_qos"
So throughout multiple QoS restarts, the filter count remained steady at 41 (stock behavior). Enabling FlexQoS with rules bumped it to 49, but it reset correctly to 41. When you added another rule it increased to 50, which is expected.

Did you ever see the doubling behavior on your router before doing these tests?

So throughout multiple QoS restarts, the filter count remained steady at 41 (stock behavior). Enabling FlexQoS with rules bumped it to 49, but it reset correctly to 41. When you added another rule it increased to 50, which is expected.

Did you ever see the doubling behavior on your router before doing these tests?
No, I couldn't create the doubling behaviour I'm afraid.

This is my custom categorization setup:

Others
Gaming
Work from Home
Web Surfing
Video/Audio
File Transfer
Learn from Home

You recommend I bring ''others'' down? I heard for gaming, some gaming traffic can be included under others.
it is most pc gaming anyway and discord etc fall into "others" or used to not long ago.

No, I couldn't create the doubling behaviour I'm afraid.
This is very interesting since I see this with my AX88 (384.19_beta1) and FlexQoS v1.0.0 installed (and rules configured):
  1. after reboot the filter count is 49
  2. after service "restart_tcd;restart_qos" the filter count is 41
  3. after second service "restart_tcd;restart_qos" the filter count is 82
restart_tcd does not seem to make a difference here. The more restart_qos I do, the higher the filter count, which increases by 41 each time.

Maybe it has to do which / how many rules are configured in FlexQoS?

I have this:
1597161047833.png

Maybe it has to do which / how many rules are configured in FlexQoS?
I was adding rules of different types. I wonder if we are missing another factor?

I was using a Static IP connection to my ISP router (double NAT setup :mad:) or perhaps there is a conflict with another setting / add-on

EDIT: It really needs someone who is experiencing the problem to try stock firmware in the same setup

Sounds like you need to move those categories higher in the list. Click on Adaptive QOS, then QOS tab, then "Customize". From there you can drag and drop them in the order you prefer.

Probably noobness on my part. I'm at the "Customize" page and I see the iptable and AppDB table, but where exactly do you click in order to drag and drop? No matter where I click and hold the mouse button down I can't anything to drag. Thanks!

Probably noobness on my part. I'm at the "Customize" page and I see the iptable and AppDB table, but where exactly do you click in order to drag and drop? No matter where I click and hold the mouse button down I can't anything to drag. Thanks!
There is no drag and drop. You need to delete the rules and re-enter them in the correct order.

Rock on. Thanks for the reply. I'll have to be smarter as I experiment with rules to minimize having to re-enter rules. Really great script. I've learned a lot reading through the entire thread. The support in this forum is fantastic.

" Click on Adaptive QOS, then QOS tab, then "Customize". "
1597282564243.png

Currently I'm downloading a game from Steam and this is what happens;

steam_3pgBVhGIMl.png
steam_UHlHgcP7jq.png

I didn't add any rules or changed anything, just installed FlexQoS and I'm on 384.19_beta2.

Currently I'm downloading a game from Steam and this is what happens;

View attachment 25374View attachment 25375

I didn't add any rules or changed anything, just installed FlexQoS and I'm on 384.19_beta2.
Same happens with me. I think the problem is with TrendMicro - they can't properly cathegorize steam downloads on some steam servers.
In my case, I'm using Spain/Portugal steam server. Maybe if I change to another one (on steam settings), it'll be properly cathegorized as game downloads...

I think the problem is with TrendMicro database and not with FlexQoS

Has anyone had a problem where the Customize page in QoS doesn't show the new Work From Home buttons etc? Only shows the default ones I had before. Though debugging shows they are there.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200813_104149.png
    Screenshot_20200813_104149.png
    14 KB · Views: 82

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!