What's new

FlexQoS FlexQoS 1.0 - Flexible QoS Enhancement Script for Adaptive QoS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Code:
Sep  7 17:08:51 FlexQoS: Adaptive QoS not fully done setting up prior to modification script
Sep  7 17:08:51 FlexQoS: (Skipping class modification, delay trigger time period needs increase)

Hi there! I noticed this message in the log. Should I change some setting to increase the delay?

Thanks!

Code:
Sep  7 17:08:51 FlexQoS: Adaptive QoS not fully done setting up prior to modification script
Sep  7 17:08:51 FlexQoS: (Skipping class modification, delay trigger time period needs increase)

Hi there! I noticed this message in the log. Should I change some setting to increase the delay?

Thanks!
That has been removed from v1.0.1. So update and let me know if you see any problems.

@dave14305 how often does FlexQOS apply QOS rules? Noticing some quick drops in the internet and see Flexqos applying iptables and such with no changes made on router by me. Is there a cron job to apply every 5 mins?

@dave14305 how often does FlexQOS apply QOS rules? Noticing some quick drops in the internet and see Flexqos applying iptables and such with no changes made on router by me. Is there a cron job to apply every 5 mins?
Either something is restarting the firewall frequently, or the rules are not being correctly applied and the lagging 5 minute one-time job keeps getting scheduled. Show me the syslog, please.

Either something is restarting the firewall frequently, or the rules are not being correctly applied and the lagging 5 minute one-time job keeps getting scheduled. Show me the syslog, please.
Edit: I noticed around 10:30 or so this morning. Log shows more than that though.

Edit: I noticed around 10:30 or so this morning. Log shows more than that though.
Two of the restarts are from amas_lib which is associated with AiMesh, to the best of my knowledge. Then your connection restarts based on something you updated in the GUI. I don't think there's anything abnormal from the FlexQoS perspective, since it declines to reapply the TC rules most of the times (because QoS wasn't restarted, only the firewall).

Two of the restarts are from amas_lib which is associated with AiMesh, to the best of my knowledge. Then your connection restarts based on something you updated in the GUI. I don't think there's anything abnormal from the FlexQoS perspective, since it declines to reapply the TC rules most of the times (because QoS wasn't restarted, only the firewall).
Hmmm...Don't use AiMesh at all so wonder what that is...... I did update Skynet but that was before this. Going to dive into AiMesh and see what I can find there. Thanks for looking.

Edit: Also added more DNS servers to it. Thats probably what you saw in Gui. Had just 1.1.1.1 and the alternative, added google and quad to that then applied. Initial thought was using unbound and maybe it wasn't replying with page quick enough but did a simple CMD ping test to google.com and saw ping drops there.

Last edited:
Hello dave.
Im having trouble trying filtering by application when i type "untracked". Is this a normal behavour?
1599584943147.png

Last edited:
another question, different topic. sorry for the double post:
Since the custom iptables rules rely on their order for the assigned priority, is there a way to re-order them? maybe some implementation for the future so they can be reordered from the GUI? \

90a6lIql.jpg

Hello dave.
Im having trouble trying filtering by application when i type "untracked". Is this a normal behavour?
View attachment 26092
The filtering is done before the rules are applied, so you are seeing all connections that are originally labeled "Untracked" before the custom rule names are applied.

Since the custom iptables rules rely on their order for the assigned priority, is there a way to re-order them? maybe some implementation for the future so they can be reordered from the GUI?
It would be a nice feature. I don't know how to do it.

Screenshot the page. Delete all rules (as needed). Input them in the required order. Minutes of work at most. :)

I've figured out how to enable dragging and dropping of the table rows. I just haven't figured out how to update the internal array that contains the rules once the table is re-ordered. It also looks like I need to go back to cloning the table.js library to inject my modifications.

@dave14305, that took you only just over three hours by my watch for you to figure out. Go to the corner and think about your actions! People are going to be expecting this every time now.

What were you thinking man! :)

The filtering is done before the rules are applied, so you are seeing all connections that are originally labeled "Untracked" before the custom rule names are applied.
Tomato does it with rule numbers. In the GUI there's a number to the left of every rule. As you reorder them and drag them around, the javascript updates the numbers. When you save they're just dumped/recorded in whatever the order is, but the rule numbers are never recorded internally. They're just for use on that page and to simplify the saving code, since it can go through and grab the next highest rule and append it before saving it all.

Is the problem the lack of familiarity with javascript, or is there a gotcha that I don't grasp because I'm completely unfamiliar with AdaptiveQOS and Asus GUIs?

I have coded in Javascript (Websites / Greasemonkey) and Java (Mostly Android) for years and might be able to assist if there's something in particular that you're stuck on.

Tomato does it with rule numbers. In the GUI there's a number to the left of every rule. As you reorder them and drag them around, the javascript updates the numbers. When you save they're just dumped/recorded in whatever the order is, but the rule numbers are never recorded internally. They're just for use on that page and to simplify the saving code, since it can go through and grab the next highest rule and append it before saving it all.
Do you have a link to their source for that page?
Is the problem the lack of familiarity with javascript, or is there a gotcha that I don't grasp because I'm completely unfamiliar with AdaptiveQOS and Asus GUIs?
The page is so darn complicated/busy that it’s hard to add more and still keep within the style of the rest of the Asus UI. And I know very little about web coding. I depend on the kindness of strangers for most breakthroughs.

Do you have a link to their source for that page?

The page is so darn complicated/busy that it’s hard to add more and still keep within the style of the rest of the Asus UI. And I know very little about web coding. I depend on the kindness of strangers for most breakthroughs.
I have one saved from 2014. I'm not sure if you care how recent it is, but it had the re-ordering feature even back then.

That said, it might be easier to just build one from scratch to suit the ASUS GUI, rather than try to understand another codebase.

In my opinion the most logical and user-understandable way to fit a feature like that in without disrupting the UI is have UpDown arrows appear over a rule when the mouse is over it. If you click them, it would swap position with the rule above or below.

I'm happy to dig into it, although I will need to test any changes that I make. Is there an easy way to do that, like binding a file overtop another, etc?

Also, possibly unrelated - I just logged into Putty and it's basically unresponsive... WebUI not loading either. This last happened when I installed Skynet. My theory was I was maxing out the router's resources long enough for something to perma-loop. I saw the 5 minute mention up above, but that's not a perfect fit - my internet is just fine. It's SSH and the WebUI that are down.

I'll reboot my router in a little bit, unless you can think of something that I can check (when it is in this state) to figure out why.

Interesting behavior, not sure what caused it, after updating from 1.0.0 to 1.0.1 I did a full reboot, Twitch started buffering every couple minutes and the only way to fix it was to refresh the page. Also ping times were all over the place in games. After about 10m or so it seemingly fixed itself and no longer happens. I was about to completely uninstall it too. Pingplotter shows slightly higher average latency and jitter now compared to 1.0.0 for whatever reason as well. I am also getting slightly higher latency in game 2-4ms.

Is there anyway to revert to older versions?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!