What's new

FlexQoS FlexQoS 1.0 - Flexible QoS Enhancement Script for Adaptive QoS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Looking for a couple brave nerds (no offense!) willing to test the develop branch of FlexQoS to see how the new version works outside of my meager home.

NEW: Added ability to set custom rule names (27 char max)
NEW: Added ability to force update when switching branches (@maghuro)
NEW: WebUI appdb search will default to original Class
NEW: Added bandwidth utilization meters per class

CHANGED: Reduced the number of slow tc calls
CHANGED: Improved appdb and iptables rule validation during start and check functions
CHANGED: Flush conntrack table by default (disable with flexqos noflushct)

FIXED: Renamed VoIP to Work-From-Home in appdb CLI output

If willing, run flexqos develop.
ill give it a try. hopefully i wont affect my dad's webex conferences that much :p

just curious: how do you blur text on the posts?

Hi dave, Mark 14**** and Mark 13**** redirection in AppDB automatically becomes 12**** when being redirected.
Force a refresh of the AppDB file:
Bash:
rm /www/ext/flexqos/flexqos_arrays.js
flexqos check
Then refresh the webui and see if it still happens. I had to make the category names unique when multiple hits were possible (e.g. Network protocols).

Force a refresh of the AppDB file:
Bash:
rm /www/ext/flexqos/flexqos_arrays.js
flexqos check
Then refresh the webui and see if it still happens. I had to make the category names unique when multiple hits were possible (e.g. Network protocols).

still not working. I still cant redirect mark 13**** and mark 14**** along with mark 12**** as the error "a rule for this mark already exists" pops out

maybe changing their names to the following would solve the problem:

Network Protocol 1 - for 12****
Network Protocol 2 - for 13****
Network Protocol 3 - for 14****

I know this is a problem with Asus routers, but does anyone have a solution for when restarting the router some applications sneak in before QoS fully turns on and just end up classified as 'other' even though they have categories? It's tough to fix without like disconnecting the computer and waiting a few minutes for the connections to drop and reconnecting them.

still not working. I still cant redirect mark 13**** and mark 14**** along with mark 12**** as the error "a rule for this mark already exists" pops out

maybe changing their names to the following would solve the problem:

Network Protocol 1 - for 12****
Network Protocol 2 - for 13****
Network Protocol 3 - for 14****
Post a screenshot of your appdb rules, please.

I know this is a problem with Asus routers, but does anyone have a solution for when restarting the router some applications sneak in before QoS fully turns on and just end up classified as 'other' even though they have categories? It's tough to fix without like disconnecting the computer and waiting a few minutes for the connections to drop and reconnecting them.
Yes, this script can reset the conntrack table to force all connections to be re-evaluated by iptables. On the current version, you can run flexqos flushct to enable the feature. In the next version, it will be enabled by default.

Attachments

• Screenshot (59).png
    Screenshot (59).png
    241 KB · Views: 139
Ok, I didn’t realize you’re not one of the “develop branch” testing volunteers. It will be fixed in a day or two when the next version is released.

Yes, this script can reset the conntrack table to force all connections to be re-evaluated by iptables. On the current version, you can run flexqos flushct to enable the feature. In the next version, it will be enabled by default.

Good stuff.

Another question. Whenever I setup a rule to prioritize all the traffic from a IP address say as Game (priority doesn't matter), the computer that is prioritized slowly get oscillating increasing pings spikes over days. It seems to degrade the performance of the router and leads to some very wonky behavior.

I'm going to install FlexQoS tomorrow. Do I need to configure any specific settings in the Adaptive QoS first before I install FlexQoS; in particular, any of these?
Screenshot - 01_09_2020 , 21_32_29.jpg

i would go manual and with fq_codel with a packet overload based on your connection.
i have upload and download with 93% of what my ISP plan offers me
dont forget to set learn-from-home at the very bottom of the priority list

i would go manual and with fq_codel with a packet overload based on your connection.
i have upload and download with 93% of what my ISP plan offers me
dont forget to set learn-from-home at the very bottom of the priority list
OK thanks. I had already set Learn from Home at the bottom of the list, but I've turned it off for the moment as I want to leave the router running overnight without any QoS, to set a benchmark with spdMerlin that I can use to compare with what I get after I install FlexQoS tomorrow. I will need to change the setting from automatic to manual though, based on what you say, so thanks for that.

OK thanks. I had already set Learn from Home at the bottom of the list, but I've turned it off for the moment as I want to leave the router running overnight without any QoS, to set a benchmark with spdMerlin that I can use to compare with what I get after I install FlexQoS tomorrow. I will need to change the setting from automatic to manual though, based on what you say, so thanks for that.
I believe Spdmerlin runs directly on the router which means it runs bypassing QOS settings. I check my Spdmerlin charts daily and see I get consistently around 255/21 but have my QOS set to 212/17.

I believe Spdmerlin runs directly on the router which means it runs bypassing QOS settings. I check my Spdmerlin charts daily and see I get consistently around 255/21 but have my QOS set to 212/17.
it happens the same to me as well
My router’s too slow to bother running spdMerlin accurately, but I’d be interested to see if this rule is capturing speedtest traffic (run it before and after a speedtest):
Code:
iptables -t mangle -nvL OUTPUT

Another question. Whenever I setup a rule to prioritize all the traffic from a IP address say as Game (priority doesn't matter), the computer that is prioritized slowly get oscillating increasing pings spikes over days. It seems to degrade the performance of the router and leads to some very wonky behavior.
Was there a question in there? I don’t claim knowledge of the inner workings of the router, so I don’t really have any feedback on your post. But others might have something to share.

My router’s too slow to bother running spdMerlin accurately, but I’d be interested to see if this rule is capturing speedtest traffic (run it before and after a speedtest):
Code:
This what your're looking for? Top is before, bottom is after....
1599002137951.png

Code:

My ISP plan is 150/10

Code:
spdMerlin: Starting speedtest using Custom for WAN interface

Speedtest by Ookla

Server: Claro - Cartagena (id = 3767)
        ISP: Telmex Colombia S.A.
    Latency:    25.99 ms   (13.41 ms jitter)
   Download:   149.59 Mbps (data used: 203.6 MB)
     Upload:     9.79 Mbps (data used: 10.7 MB)
Packet Loss:     0.0%
Result URL: https://www.speedtest.net/result/c/8b30238f-25ac-49bb-8e8a-e82ff4c9ffd1

spdMerlin: Speedtest results - Download: 149.59 Mbps (data used: 203.6 MB) - Upload: 9.79 Mbps (data used: 10.7 MB)

spdMerlin: Starting speedtest using using auto-selected server for VPNC1 interface

Speedtest by Ookla

[error] Error: [110] Cannot open socket: Timeout occurred in connect.
     Server: CNI - Wapakoneta, OH (id = 11878)
        ISP: Amazon.com
    Latency:   118.21 ms   (16.75 ms jitter)
   Download:    16.58 Mbps (data used: 29.2 MB)
     Upload:     9.50 Mbps (data used: 11.1 MB)
Packet Loss: Not available.
Result URL: https://www.speedtest.net/result/c/3d481d7e-334a-48d1-8fbf-565d3480c335

spdMerlin: Speedtest results - Download: 16.58 Mbps (data used: 29.2 MB) - Upload: 9.50 Mbps (data used: 11.1 MB)

Code:
Thanks for using spdMerlin!

andresmorago@RT-AC3100-0548:/tmp/home/root# iptables -t mangle -nvL OUTPUT
Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 341 packets, 66520 bytes)
pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination
180K  108M MARK       udp  --  *      eth0    0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0            multiport dports  !53,123 MARK set 0x40030001
549K   78M MARK       tcp  --  *      eth0    0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0            multiport dports  !53,123,853 MARK set 0x40030001
andresmorago@RT-AC3100-0548:/tmp/home/root#

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!