What's new

FlexQoS FlexQoS 1.0 - Flexible QoS Enhancement Script for Adaptive QoS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Danke schoen. I suppose that since the traffic never egresses br0, there’s no place to throttle it.

I’m more curious what added that MARK rule in the second command output.
Hmm... I had a file download going on another PC. That may have been that.

Was there a question in there? I don’t claim knowledge of the inner workings of the router, so I don’t really have any feedback on your post. But others might have something to share.

Issue rather then question. Thought it might be something you could fix.

@dave14305 this question might have been covered before.
from the router command line, how can i track the connections of an specific local ip address that arent being correctly categorized? is there a command i can run in order to see how much traffic in bytes is moving through a specific connection? that way i can isolate it and create a custom rule

Can anyone tell me whether I am supposed to tick the box and what it's for? Thanks.
Screenshot - 02_09_2020 , 09_08_12.jpg

@dave14305 Hey Dave, I don't suppose you could add an option to show IP addresses rather than just hostnames or whatever? Despite having unique hostnames set up in static DHCP, I just realized that a whole bunch of my computers all identify in FlexQOS as "ASUS" - a problem since there's no way to distinguish between them. If I could have the IP address on the end, or even the final two octets, that'd be great. It'd be enough for me to identify which is which.

Cheers,

@dave14305 Hey Dave, I don't suppose you could add an option to show IP addresses rather than just hostnames or whatever? Despite having unique hostnames set up in static DHCP, I just realized that a whole bunch of my computers all identify in FlexQOS as "ASUS" - a problem since there's no way to distinguish between them. If I could have the IP address on the end, or even the final two octets, that'd be great. It'd be enough for me to identify which is which.

Cheers,
You can hover over the name with a mouse to reveal the IP (like a tooltip). When IPv6 is active, displaying anything extra in the Local IP field becomes crowded. Open to suggestions on what it could look like in the future.

Questions for everyone:
  1. Is the dropdown menu more useful than a free form filter field (e.g. for filtering on VPN IPs or multiple IPs)?
  2. Is seeing the local IP more important than seeing the hostname if you’re trying to devise a new rule? I could display the local IP and put the hostname in a tooltip.

@dave14305 this question might have been covered before.
from the router command line, how can i track the connections of an specific local ip address that arent being correctly categorized? is there a command i can run in order to see how much traffic in bytes is moving through a specific connection? that way i can isolate it and create a custom rule
I’m not aware of a command to see the amount of data moving through a connection.

I could display the local IP and put the hostname in a tooltip.
Local IP is on first place, but for people who will have more them 30-40 IP's could be useful to have also a Host name option
For me some IP's it easy to target after host name like PS4, TV, NAS, APPLE .. etc but I have also some devices were the IP's is in the first place as "name"

Is the drop down menu more useful than
For the drop menu question ... depends ... If the drop menu has more then 10 options down will be difficult to read down ( even where they are grey colored ) , 3- 5 will be clear and fast and could be nice option, but for more .... also when you read from mobile phone ( sometimes )

Thx for updates ...

I definitely vote for this option :)
Local IP is on first place, but for people who will have more them 30-40 IP's could be useful to have also a Host name option
For me some IP's it easy to target after host name like PS4, TV, NAS, APPLE .. etc but I have also some devices were the IP's is in the first place as "name"
I switched it locally on my router to display only the IP in the list and I hated it because I had to think every time I looked at the list (What device is 192.168.1.245?). I didn’t feel like looking for the tooltip.

I would have left the FreshJR method of IP plus a small yellow device name, except one of my goals was to extend IPv6 support to the connection list and IPv6 is too long to have both showing at once. Yet in the current state of Asus firmware, IPv6 is not fully throttled by A.QoS, so what’s the point? :oops:

I switched it locally on my router to display only the IP in the list and I hated it because I had to think every time I looked at the list (What device is 192.168.1.245?). I didn’t feel like looking for the tooltip.

I would have left the FreshJR method of IP plus a small yellow device name, except one of my goals was to extend IPv6 support to the connection list and IPv6 is too long to have both showing at once. Yet in the current state of Asus firmware, IPv6 is not fully throttled by A.QoS, so what’s the point? :oops:
For me while it may be useful, its not a deal breaker for me. I have 40+ devices with unique enough names that I know what they are and what IP range they should fall under. OCD at its finest.

This is FlexQoS, a fork of the original, groundbreaking FreshJR_QOS script written by @FreshJR.

FlexQoS provides a fully customizable Adaptive QoS experience.

Version 1.0.0

Enhancements:

• Support for at least 24 user iptables rules
  • Support for at least 32 user appdb rules
  • Support for IPv6 iptables rules that are port-based rules only
  • Experimental support for IPv6 device filter
  • Edit or delete previously hard-coded rules
  • Customize Untracked category (Mask 000000) destination using custom AppDB rule (default class is Others)
  • Support for new Asus classes Work-From-Home and Learn-From-Home
  • Learn-From-Home is repurposed to handle Game Downloads traffic and the priority can be adjusted unlike the former Defaults class
  • Experimental changes to the connection list to prefer client names over IPs, including IPv6
  • Implemented new table API for iptables rules to validate input and allow in-cell editing
  • Auto-populate Application name when entering Mark in AppDB rules
  • Search application names in WebUI to find the Mark
  • Removed hard-coded 5 minute startup delay. Startup only sleeps in 10 sec increments if all tc rules not yet created
  • Rewritten for Merlin Addon API
  • Converts existing FreshJR_QOS rules to new format and creates backup file of old rules
  • Trigger persistence check immediately after TrendMicro signature check/update (restart_wrs)
  • Add DoT port 853 to router traffic exclusion hard-coded rule
  • Option to flush conntrack table to ensure iptables rules affect pre-existing connections
Changes:
  • Simplified interactive menu environment and eliminated interactive rules and rates options (use GUI)
  • Leaves original Merlin Classification tab intact
  • Eliminated support for legacy user rules hardcoded in script
  • Gaming rule is now like any other rule (Local IP/CIDR + Proto Both + RPort !80,443 + Mask 000000 = Class Gaming)

Fixes since FreshJR_QOS v8.8:
  • AppDB rule detection logic
  • Fixed wildcard marks not being applied in tc rules
  • Fixed port 443 typo in Gaming rule

Known Issues:
  • IPv6 support is experimental
  • IPv6 upload traffic may not be limited by QoS
  • Ability to name iptables rules is not available yet in the new design
  • AppDB rule ~ flag is not implemented in the new design
  • Learn-From-Home should be prioritized lowest since its categories are duplicated in other classes (Streaming and Web Surfing)
  • Rule precedence in the connection table needs testing in case more than 1 rule applies to a particular connection
  • The name FlexQoS isn't exciting and Flex might be overused in the world. I felt it was non-personal enough to outlast dave14305. By keeping the F in the name, I felt this pays a small tribute to the original script and author.

Requirements:
  • ASUSWRT-Merlin 384.15 or higher
  • SSH, JFFS scripts enabled
  • Adaptive QoS enabled

Installation:
Warning: Installing FlexQoS will uninstall FreshJR_QOS! If you have legacy rules hard-coded in the script, please backup JFFS or copy /jffs/scripts/FreshJR_QOS to a safe location. The installation will migrate existing FreshJR GUI rules before uninstalling. FreshJR_QOS can be reinstalled via amtm if you choose to uninstall FlexQoS.

The simplest method for installation is to use amtm, option i, option 3.

Paste the following command into your SSH terminal session for manual installation:
Code:
/usr/sbin/curl "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dave14305/FlexQoS/master/flexqos.sh" -o /jffs/addons/flexqos/flexqos.sh --create-dirs && chmod +x /jffs/addons/flexqos/flexqos.sh && sh /jffs/addons/flexqos/flexqos.sh -install
Source: https://github.com/dave14305/FlexQoS

Updates:
Code:
flexqos -update
# or
sh /jffs/addons/flexqos/flexqos.sh -update

Screenshots
Traffic Pie Chart
htAkaDq.png

Customization Tables
cvus7VE.png

Create New Rule
dbpABjg.png
@dave14305 I have to say after running Your FlexQoS for weeks now, I have concluded my QoS has been running significantly better than it would otherwise without. You have done a phenomenal job of revamping/reviving/ and improving where freshJr left off at. Keep up the great work and know that you have a community of supporters behind you to back you up every step of the way!.

@dave14305 I have to say after running Your FlexQoS for weeks now, I have concluded my QoS has been running significantly better than it would otherwise without. You have done a phenomenal job of revamping/reviving/ and improving where freshJr left off at. Keep up the great work and know that you have a community of supporters behind you to back you up every step of the way!.
Thank you very much.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!