What's new

Formatting JFFS Clears dhcp_staticlist NVRAM

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

HarryMuscle

Is it normal behaviour for the dhcp_staticlist NVRAM contents to be cleared when you format the JFFS partition? This never happened to me in the past, but I've added more clients to the DHCP static list and now I see this behaviour. My guess is maybe now that the list is larger it is getting stored in the JFFS partition instead of in NVRAM directly so that is why this is happening, but I would like to confirm that this is normal.

Thanks,
Harry

It also removes any ssh key you have set up. There's a few other settings that get reset too.
AFAIK it's normal.

Is it normal behaviour for the dhcp_staticlist NVRAM contents to be cleared when you format the JFFS partition?
dhcp_staticlist used to be in NVRAM (and on some models might still be). But since the text fields in it take up a lot of memory, I know that Merlin discussed moving it to storage in a jffs file. I assume that is why you lost the assignments.