What's new

Free VPN for the masses or a con

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

royarcher

Very Senior Member
I have come across a device that promise the world for a few sheckels ( at least for newbies like me ) and would really like you gurus to advise me to invest or not ( totally understand that the final decision is mine and mine alone)
This device promises to provide free ( apart from the $300 odd to purchase it )VPN ALTERNATIVE to access say US streaming services from anywhere by sharing other people who have purchased it's IP address, I apologize for not being able to provide a direct link but you should be able to get the jist from this photo and Website
Screenshot_20210318-193449.jpg

Or make a raspberry Pi VPN and/or TOR box for $50 doing essentially the same thing.

Last edited:
I should'nt go for it. They don't specified which servers and where it's.

So other people can perform illegal activities using your IP?

Big no!
I wasn't going to buy one after sleeping on it but good point I didn't think of that. That's really quite scary

Last edited:
Avoid it unless you are really into their Deeper Network Web 3.0 mumbo jumbo
After sleeping on it i had already decided to give it the big thumbs down. I didn't really grasp it at first but the idea of a vpn is to protect your ip address so why would people just give any stranger access to yours. I mean christ I must have been really tired to even contemplate it even for noobie like myself