What's new

Frontier ONT using MoCA??

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JonnySteele

New Around Here
So I just had Frontier fiber installed today and after installing the ONT, the tech tapped into my existing coax line from my old cable internet provider and used it to carry the fiber signal to my router, then used an adapter to convert the coax signal to Ethernet. I told the tech I wanted to run cat 6 straight from the ONT to my router, which I had already ran, but he said he had to do it this way.

My question is, the ONT has 5 Ethernet ports, I've tried connecting to each one, but when I disconnect the coax, I lose my internet, it won't run strictly on the cat6 cable. Any thoughts?
IMG_20230216_165037.jpg

Call them to enable one of the Ethernet ports instead of the MoCA.

Or, try turning the ONT off, plug in the Ethernet cable and disconnect the MoCA cable, and turn it on after 10 minutes or longer.

Call them to enable one of the Ethernet ports instead of the MoCA.

Or, try turning the ONT off, plug in the Ethernet cable and disconnect the MoCA cable, and turn it on after 10 minutes or longer.
I tried turning off and plugging in Ethernet...no go. I did read recently that you do have to call to enable Ethernet as the ONT can only support 1 at a time so I would have to have them disable the MoCA and enabled a port. Thanks for the info, I will call tomorrow and see how easy it will be.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!