1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

FTP permissions with AC87U & Merlin

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by tbone8va, Dec 9, 2016.

1. tbone8va

tbone8va New Around Here

Hey all,

I'm trying to set up an FTP server on my AC87U with the latest Merlin FW. I've set up DDNS w/No-IP and two sets of permissions on the router: one for me with RW access on everything, and one for friends with read-only access on one folder. When I enter the hostname in a browser, though, I'm not prompted for any credentials and the entire drive is wide open and visible. I've searched through menus and Googled like crazy, but I can't figure out what's wrong.

Any suggestions?? TIA.

2. Zirescu

Zirescu Very Senior Member

Do you have your passwords getting automatically filled by the browser?

3. tbone8va

tbone8va New Around Here

I think that's it! I switched from Chrome to Firefox and this time I was prompted for credentials. Strangely though, there's no entry for the FTP in Chrome's pw list and I don't even get a pw prompt when I navigate to the page. But that seems to be where the problem lies. Thanks, Zirescu!