What's new

FTP permissions with AC87U & Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tbone8va

New Around Here
Hey all,

I'm trying to set up an FTP server on my AC87U with the latest Merlin FW. I've set up DDNS w/No-IP and two sets of permissions on the router: one for me with RW access on everything, and one for friends with read-only access on one folder. When I enter the hostname in a browser, though, I'm not prompted for any credentials and the entire drive is wide open and visible. I've searched through menus and Googled like crazy, but I can't figure out what's wrong.

Any suggestions?? TIA.

Hey all,

I'm trying to set up an FTP server on my AC87U with the latest Merlin FW. I've set up DDNS w/No-IP and two sets of permissions on the router: one for me with RW access on everything, and one for friends with read-only access on one folder. When I enter the hostname in a browser, though, I'm not prompted for any credentials and the entire drive is wide open and visible. I've searched through menus and Googled like crazy, but I can't figure out what's wrong.

Any suggestions?? TIA.
Do you have your passwords getting automatically filled by the browser?

I think that's it! I switched from Chrome to Firefox and this time I was prompted for credentials. Strangely though, there's no entry for the FTP in Chrome's pw list and I don't even get a pw prompt when I navigate to the page. But that seems to be where the problem lies. Thanks, Zirescu!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!