What's new

Functions in Asuswrt-Merlin?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gr_shu

New Around Here
Good day.
Questions about RT-AX86S
1. Does it work Bandwidth Monitor, Web History, Traffic Analyzer(Statistic and Monitor) when dual wan is in Load balance mode?
2. Is it possible to see through which wan clients are routed in load balance mode?
3. Does it work Routing rules for Dual WAN?

Thank you very much

Bottom line, Asus routers do not handle dual wan reliably.

The only possible solution is a script by @Ranger802004

For some. For others, they handle it without effort or complaints. The vocal few that are visible (online) are simply not representative of the ones who it works for.

This is an example of YMMV, depending on your specific router, firmware, ISP, and circumstances.

Dual WAN functionality will be identical to stock firmware.

Of course, but doesnt possible turn on Bandwidth Monitor, Web History, Traffic Analyzer(Statistic and Monitor) in Load balance mode. And doesnt possible see which client goes through which wan

Of course, but doesnt possible turn on Bandwidth Monitor, Web History, Traffic Analyzer(Statistic and Monitor) in Load balance mode. And doesnt possible see which client goes through which wan
I don`t know. I don`t touch anything related to Dual WAN.

when dual wan is in Load balance mode?

Dual WAN on Asuswrt is not guaranteed to work well in any mode. You're looking for trouble. The subject was discussed multiple times and the only guaranteed working solution is another business router doing proper Multi-WAN in front of your Asus. Options are ER605, ER-X, hEX - under $100.

I found a way to get dual wan working reliably on an Asus router…. see my signature :)

I found a way to get dual wan working reliably on an Asus router…. see my signature :)
Its sure cool! ))) But I wanted to use one device for this task.
After all the experiments - I could not correctly configure the dual wan in the load balance mode.

I'm trying failover mode.
But I think that the asus + stock firmware will not allow me to do this correctly.
Disappointment in Asus!

I was being sarcastic with my post. :)

The load balance actually worked pretty good on the various Asus routers I tested but I occasionally had issues when trying to do secure services such as online banking. The ER605 actually has a setting that solves that issue named “Application Optimized Routing”.

Asus does failover but most times it will not failback once the primary WAN is restored. Asus relies heavily on loss of the physical network connection to function.

This is an issue if the link is still up but not actually providing internet connectivity such as the ISP connection is up but their services to the internet are down.

The Dual WAN script does a pretty good job at providing this functionality but only if running RMerlin firmware.

The 300/30 cable actually does all I need and the faster upload speed for my Plex server is longer needed.

I have considered dropping my 100/100 fiber connection since my cable provider tripled their bandwidth two months ago.

This would allow a single device to handle my routing / wifi needs.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!