What's new

Fundemental behavioral differences between CTF On vs Off on system

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

randomName

Very Senior Member
I'm curious what the differences are between having CTF enabled vs disabled and how that would effect a system.

CTF is hardware accleration for high speed connections, it works with Adaptive Qos Enabled.
Dmz wont conflict with CTF.

Thanks for the reply. For the record I no nothing about networking. That being said when I enable DMZ on my RT-N66U then go to System Log and check the Port Forwarding tab it shows a section called Virtual Servers with the address I enabled. I'm assuming it's some type of Port Forwarding since it's under the tab? Therefore this is where I am out of my boundaries and assumed the discrepancy. The RT-N66U looks like it doesn't support Adaptive Qos. So is the firmware is correct? If the firmware was wrong what type of issues would there be? I have used it before. My connection is no where near enough to utilize it though.. i think it's like 53 mbps download. Results from speed test have ranged from 39 to 53 mbps download. That's only out of 3 tests. First test was 43

If that's true, then shouldn't a router warn that having DMZ enabled would conflict with CTF enabled?
DMZ doesn't conflict with CTF. Also, double check anything you read on routerguide.net with another source as some of its statements are dubious at best.

That being said when I enable DMZ on my RT-N66U then go to System Log and check the Port Forwarding tab it shows a section called Virtual Servers with the address I enabled. I'm assuming it's some type of Port Forwarding since it's under the tab?
Yes, DMZ is the same as forwarding ALL ports to a particular host, there's no difference.

The RT-N66U looks like it doesn't support Adaptive Qos. So is the firmware is correct?
The MIPS routers (like the RT-N66U) don't support Adaptive QoS. Also, Traditional QoS is known to be broken in stock Asus firmware and Merlin's. If you need QoS on the N66U use John's fork in which it has been fixed.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!