1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

FW RT AC86U 3.0.0.4.384.21140

Discussion in 'ASUSWRT - Official' started by VANT, Jul 11, 2018 at 2:39 PM.

1. VANT

VANT Very Senior Member

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. CriticJay

CriticJay New Around Here

Has anyone tried the new firmware yet? (for RT-AC86U)

4. Grisu

Grisu Very Senior Member

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018 at 11:12 AM
  5. Lee Chyng Wei

Lee Chyng Wei New Around Here

is the region selection under the wifi setting still available? i'm have a chinese version but not yet update the firmware...

6. Grisu

Grisu Very Senior Member

region setting on chinese version yes, but languages lost ... remaining only chinese and english

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018 at 3:32 AM
  7. Lee Chyng Wei

Lee Chyng Wei New Around Here

i see... will hold on for the update for now...

8. maxbraketorque

maxbraketorque Senior Member

I upgraded both my AC86U's yesterday afternoon. All fine so far. Nothing obviously broken.

9. username0475

username0475 Regular Contributor

Did you have to redo all your settings or did the update preserve them?

10. Grisu

Grisu Very Senior Member

just let it upgrade, everything kept.

username0475 likes this.
  11. maxbraketorque

Did not wipe settings. Just upgraded as Grisu did.

username0475 likes this.
  12. mromero

mromero Regular Contributor

Got my update no problemo. Does anyone know if they've fixed the Adaptive QOS-wireless issue?

13. Adrian Knight

Adrian Knight Regular Contributor

Nobody know's what has been fixed, it's a secret.

even the routine to fetch the release notes when a firmware update is available is broken:-

cat /tmp/webs_upgrade.log
    ---- update real normal----
    ---- odmpid : ----
    ---- productid : 3004 384 21140 ----
    ---- odmpid : ----
    ---- productid : ----
    ---- 3004 384 21045----
    ---- lextendno: 21140 ----
    ---- download real release note https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/ASUSWRT/RT-AC86U_3004_384_21140-ge07a2dd_EN_note.zip ----
    ---- download real release note https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/ASUSWRT/RT-AC86U_3004_384_21140-ge07a2dd_EN_note.zip [Failed] ----
    ---- download real release note https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/ASUSWRT/RT-AC86U____EN_note.zip ----
    ---- download real release note https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/ASUSWRT/RT-AC86U____EN_note.zip [Failed] ----
    ---- download real US release note https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/ASUSWRT/RT-AC86U____US_note.zip [Failed] ----

But you have to be careful of what you say in this forum, because they delete and censor your posts, they seem to think it's ok to violate the freedom of speech act.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018 at 7:31 AM
    mromero and Grisu like this.
  14. Volfi

Volfi Occasional Visitor

Isn't this forum a private property? Owner has rights to publish (or not to) anything (s)he wants.

scjr and SwampKracker like this.
  15. haizman

haizman New Around Here

I upgraded yesterday and started seeing intermittent connectivity issues as my work VPN connection was going in and out. I power cycled my laptop/router/modem but still having issues with VPN. My NOC said no others were experiencing issues, so I reverted back to the previous version (3.0.0.4.384.21045). Connectivity issues disappeared after that. I'll be waiting until the next release before upgrading at this point.

Otherwise, my experience with the RT-AC86U has been positive. I have a brother who just RMA'd his after 1 month, which gives me some pause. Waiting for AIMesh on the 3200 so I can try that out.

16. maxbraketorque

No problems for my work VPN (Cisco AnyConnect client).

Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!