What's new

FW_RT_AC5300_300438421140 password

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

antrabe

New Around Here
Hello all,

I recently retore my ac5300 to the version FW_RT_AC5300_300438421140 to check if works better with iptv provider. When i try to enter with the older pass always say is not correct the firm version before was the last official release FW_RT_AC5300_300438643576.

Will works better with merlin the iptv and how to active an vpn maybe that solve the issue.

thansk

If you have fully reset the router to ASUS firmware you'll need to enter all your settings again , so the password will probably be admin / admin , if you just flashed the previous version then you use whatever is the current password.

If you go back to a much older firmware, you will no longer be able to use your current password, as the newer firmware will have encrypted it. That older firmware has no idea how to decrypt it. You will have to do a factory default reset, and reconfigure it, or reflash the newer firmware version through the Firmware Recovery tool.